2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• OMG Lucas at almost 7 foot tall and can't even hit a ball in every time the team needs him.

Italy could end up in 1st place if they beat Canada 3-0, and even with a loss to Brazil.

• Brazil x USA game was another proof of how teams are really similar and that Brazil is still prone to crumble in tough matches and USA can still beat anyone if they managed to advance.

To be completely honest, the key in this OG for me will be on service line, the team that keep consistency on serving and receiving will have a HUGE advantage, because i don't see much difference in the so called favorites ( Brazil, USA, Italy, Russia, France and Poland ).

The final outcome can go either way :!:

• Brazil can be eliminated at group stage if they both lose to Italy and France :white: :what:
    USA still needs to get at least a point from France.
    France can win the group if they both beat Brazil and USA.
    Canada needs at least a set from Italy .
    I think Brazil has peaked too early in World League period
    And what will happen if Italy both lose to Brazil and Canada ( 3 Wins 2 Loses),
    if Brazil beats Italy but loses to France (3 wins, 2 Loses)
    İf USA both beat Mexico and France ( 3 wins,2 Loses)
    İf France beats Brazil but loses to USA ( 3 wins, 2 loses)
    İf Canada beats both Mexico and Italy ( 3 wins , 2 loses) ?
    :what: so Will set ratio determine the eliminated one?

• Points then Set Ratio i think.

• They may have not the best player in every position (maybe except with Toniutti and Ngapeth) but they have an outstanding teamplay and team Spirit. They are a well organize team... And even when they seems to be desorganize they show creativity in order to take back the advantage.

thanks for the answer

• YavorD , I'm looking forward to your good analysis.

Analysis of what exactly? :) Unfortunately, I haven't even watched half of the matches so far. Due to the time difference, I only watch earlier matches. Not always, though. My problem is that there is no way for me to download the ones I have missed and to watch them during the day. Online replays, like the service offered by RAI, works but not always great and not in the same way you would enjoy a downloaded video file. So I can't say I follow the tournament super closely and, to be honest, I tend to watch more beach volleyball from Rio lately :( I don't like these Games in terms of online coverage.

But still, I watched Poland, Russia, Cuba and Iran once, Argentina, USA, France, and Italy twice. Still no game from Brazil :( Iran's debut OG participation is going relatively as expected. A slow start, gradually entering the tournament and gaining both experience and confidence. The match against the shaky Russians might result in a more (or less) favourable QF draw, something Alekno will also carefully examine. Without some key players, Russia are playing also almost as expected. I have a feeling, however, that Russia might beat both Poland and Iran in the next days. But of course, we can't say Alekno's team impresses. When we are 100% sure that Argentina will again choke versus Poland, then we can't say they are ready for Olympic medals either. And the Argentinians suffered in a traditionally strong element for them - reception. France finally entered the tournament and swept the floor with the Canadians. The most pleasant surprise comes, of course, from Italy and the motivation with which they have started the tournament. I wouldn't bet on how long this could take and, frankly speaking, I don't expect them to play that well throughout the entire competition. I watched Cuba versus Russia on the men's volleyball opening day and I felt positive they wouldn't leave the Games as tourists. Unfortunately, it was just a first-day hype. If the anti-record holders Egypt, no matter how likeable I find Ahmed Salah, Badawy and the "pharaohs", beat you 3-0, then your place at the Olympics is more than questionable.

The biggest question mark for me is Brazil. I am still digesting how they lost the WL final after that mesmeric performance against France in the semis. I have a conspiracy theory that Rezende might be taking the pool stage lightly and we will see a different Brazilian team in the elimination round, be it out of a different strategy, for instance, to break their "silver" curse. Looking at the groups, there is not a single QF opponent Brazil would theoretically fear. Of course, these are just my thoughts but I feel kind of certain Brazil would deliver both in the QF and eventually in the SF. I had similar thoughts concerning Alekno's Russia, partially because I think of Alekno more than what others do. But this Russian selection doesn't help me put them among the gold medal contenders and I doubt the Belarus-born strategist could do miracles this time.

• I think is set first them points.

• Analysis of what exactly? :) Unfortunately, I haven't even watched half of the matches so far. Due to the time difference, I only watch earlier matches. Not always, though. My problem is that there is no way for me to download the ones I have missed and to watch them during the day. Online replays, like the service offered by RAI, works but not always great and not in the same way you would enjoy a downloaded video file. So I can't say I follow the tournament super closely and, to be honest, I tend to watch more beach volleyball from Rio lately :( I don't like these Games in terms of online coverage.

But still, I watched Poland, Russia, Cuba and Iran once, Argentina, USA, France, and Italy twice. Still no game from Brazil :( Iran's debut OG participation is going relatively as expected. A slow start, gradually entering the tournament and gaining both experience and confidence. The match against the shaky Russians might result in a more (or less) favourable QF draw, something Alekno will also carefully examine. Without some key players, Russia are playing also almost as expected. I have a feeling, however, that Russia might beat both Poland and Iran in the next days. But of course, we can't say Alekno's team impresses. When we are 100% sure that Argentina will again choke versus Poland, then we can't say they are ready for Olympic medals either. And the Argentinians suffered in a traditionally strong element for them - reception. France finally entered the tournament and swept the floor with the Canadians. The most pleasant surprise comes, of course, from Italy and the motivation with which they have started the tournament. I wouldn't bet on how long this could take and, frankly speaking, I don't expect them to play that well throughout the entire competition. I watched Cuba versus Russia on the men's volleyball opening day and I felt positive they wouldn't leave the Games as tourists. Unfortunately, it was just a first-day hype. If the anti-record holders Egypt, no matter how likeable I find Ahmed Salah, Badawy and the "pharaohs", beat you 3-0, then your place at the Olympics is more than questionable.

The biggest question mark for me is Brazil. I am still digesting how they lost the WL final after that mesmeric performance against France in the semis. I have a conspiracy theory that Rezende might be taking the pool stage lightly and we will see a different Brazilian team in the elimination round, be it out of a different strategy, for instance, to break their "silver" curse. Looking at the groups, there is not a single QF opponent Brazil would theoretically fear. Of course, these are just my thoughts but I feel kind of certain Brazil would deliver both in the QF and eventually in the SF. I had similar thoughts concerning Alekno's Russia, partially because I think of Alekno more than what others do. But this Russian selection doesn't help me put them among the gold medal contenders and I doubt the Belarus-born strategist could do miracles this time.

that was very kind of you! thanks

• I just saw a picture of Russel after the USA won their last point against Brazil, signalising 'shut up' to the crowd.. So not cool! I know brazilian fans can get pretty rude sometimes, and chant bad words, but even if that was the case I don't think the Olumpics are the place to do what he did..
    Anyone knows anything more? Did the fans provoke him?

• ^ I'm confused as to why you say that. Is the Olympics some holy place?

Considering how nasty Brazil fans have been to team USA. Rooting against them, booing them, even when Brazil is not playing. This is rather tame coming from Russell.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKB5h9oG0jo

Ahahahah Kurek!!! It's so funny how he tries to copy the "good behaviour" by his captain :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Regarding Kubiak...What a great captain, what a model, such a good inspiration for his teammates :rolll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-FSZjTn6Q

• ^ I'm confused as to why you say that. Is the Olympics some holy place?

Considering how nasty Brazil fans have been to team USA. Rooting against them, booing them, even when Brazil is not playing. This is rather tame coming from Russell.

this. If the olympic is such a sacred tournament then why are the fans being like this?

• The crowd was rude to the USA Team the whole time. I see nothing strange in what they did to the team, just like in Russell's behavior. I'm so happy for once they didn't play like boy scouts from the church and showed some fighting spirit and fire. :box:

• they're not fair. actually they blame the french king Teddy Riner after his victory coz he defeat a brasilian on 1/4er final

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !