Turkish League 2016/2017

• Who knows, maybe Tiffany Pereira could be great for Vitra or any Top team. I`m still not sure if it is fair, but if everyone is on board. She is used to receive very powerful men`s serve, the women`s serve should be a piece of cake for her.

She doesn't even receive well in Serie A2, so I don't think so

• Really? Yes, I'm new here and I didn't know that. Thank you! (and thank you, Tomen too, hehe). I'll take a look there, for sure. And I agree with you, Brazilian Superliga is not so valued as should be both by broadcasters and by Brazilians ourselves.

• what about Hui Ruoqi ?
    can she manage to undertake the passing of ECV ?

Hui Ruoqi seems to retire after National Games because of her heart disease. At present she is worse than larson.Zhang Changning is a solid player, but due to strict system it is difficult for her to go abroad(her home-town club was second place last year. In fact Zhu is a special case bacause her club is the weakest one in Chinese league,so she has chance to play in Turkey because of Jenny's efforts. :thumbsup:)

• Unfortunately that is the down-side of having a player like Larson. Eczacibasi could benefit a lot from having a local defensive OH this season, that is actually the position Turkey needs to develop a player in the future too. Fatma Yildirim is quite inconsistent, Birgul Guler is doing an excellent job in a small team, who knows how she will perform in a better level, Guldeniz & Gözde are both old, Cansu Cetin is not enough to play consistently. Ada Germen of GS could be a good prospect but she didnt give good signals whenever she came to court.

I agree about Scherban and Marcon. I didnt think about this aspect of Japanese volleyball before. In my opinion, the major problem is, we watched an attacking OH (Saori) and an opposite (Ebata) in Europe before. These two probably do great in terms of scoring and defense in a system but they will of course fail when the sets are getting higher and obvious as we play in Europe. I still think that a defensive Japanese OH can cover a large area and receive well in Europe, but attacking will be a big question unless you use a setter like Gamze.

Hill is indeed a great joker but I dont remember her reversing a set that often. Even in CL matches, I prefer Gözde to Hill. She is a great server but her receiving has been shaky and her attacking has never been good since she got the MVP award. What I find problematic with Natalia is, since her receiving is off, KYK tries to cover more with libero and then we say KYK is being ineffective in attacking, far from her golden days. But once Maret arrived and KYK started to receive in a smaller area, we see how effective she got again in attacking, while I dont remember many matches where Natalia played over 45% in attacking and she commits many errors. In my opinion, it would be wiser to keep Maret in the team (although i really think she is playing terrible now) and make her play in her regular position as OH, with KYK and transfer a stronger opposite than Polen. Too bad that only a few locals in the league are performing well this season, making it really hard to plan next season for most Turkish teams :down:

To respond to comments about Slöetjes, why are we only talking about how many points she got per match? She can score 30 points but out of 80 sets. The thing is, if you watched the CL match against Vitra, Naz left Slöetjes without block many times, so it wasnt Slöetjes who played excellent, but the entire team played excellent. The major problem of Slöetjes is, she doesnt help her team to side-out in crucial points, the only player they rely on in that sense is Zhu. One alternative for Vakifbank is to find another solid attacking OH and let Gözde play as receiving OPP. So Zhu can focus only in attacking since she delivers with over 60% attacking ratio in a match they lost. Fenerbahce's strategy against Vakifbank was simple, stop Slöetjes and let Zhu score. It doesnt matter how many Zhu scores, she can't win a match alone and that is what happened. I agree that it is difficult to find good opposites these days, but world is full of good attacking OHs, so Vakifbank can find one of these instead and use a receiving OPP instead.

Btw, Im glad we have different opinions at times, I'm learning a lot from this forum and opposing views :drink: :super:

• I think someone said Gozde will retire next season, so that would be a big problem for Vakif

I will be surprised if this happens. I'm almost sure that she will do her best not to show up in the NT though, lets see if Giovanni will be able to convince her.

• Hui Ruoqi seems to retire after National Games because of her heart disease. At present she is worse than larson.Zhang Changning is a solid player, but due to strict system it is difficult for her to go abroad(her home-town club was second place last year. In fact Zhu is a special case bacause her club is the weakest one in Chinese league,so she has chance to play in Turkey because of Jenny's efforts. :thumbsup:)

oh poor Hui..i wish her the best
    i think Zhang is still a young player and wouldnt be that easy for her to undertake such a big responsibility in Vitra :)

• i like Beşiktaş's Tuğba Şenoğlu's perf...her passing seems good and attack is ok . she is 18-yo and she can improve her game under the guidance of a better coach other than Kamil Söz :(
    big teams could think of investing in her for next years to come..for example to replace Gözde Kırdar in VB

Rota Koleji from the second division made a call that for the young local players to improve: there mustnt be any foreigners in the second divison and the money being spent for the foreigners should be spent for the youngstres and sub-organizations to improve

what do you think about this call ?

• serdar, your inbox is full. Thanks by the way. :thumbsup:

Hahah, you're welcome! Feel free to ask anytime :drink:

• I wouldn't actually take the risk of transferring a player from Asia where the style is very different. If so, if I am looking for a defensive OH, I would look at Japanese market. But hey, why not transfer Kelsey Robinson from the beginning when you know she can carry the receiving load? She would be a perfect match for both Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce! Other option could be Fe Garay, no clue where she is now. Gabi used to be good like 2 years ago too, no clue how her recent shape is.

Fun fact: The two strongest teams right now in the Turkish league both have Asian players :whistling:

• Fun fact: The two strongest teams now in the Turkish league are both have Asian players :whistling:

That's where we were talking about defensive OHs and who can receive almost in a 2 receiver system in Eczacibasi. KYK can do that but Zhu definitely cannot although both are right now Asia's best players, even world's.

• oh poor Hui..i wish her the best
    i think Zhang is still a young player and wouldnt be that easy for her to undertake such a big responsibility in Vitra :)

Of course it is difficult for her to be a starter, her affensive needs to improve. But I think her reception is better than koshe&hande ,being a practical sub is very good. :rolll:

• Came a bit late, but here are my thoughts about Vakıf's late FB defeat..
    -Rasic should be more active on offense, She does not get much sets, and Vakıf relies almost totally on the Spikers which is very lazy to say the least, and helps a lot to Fener to play such good defense..
    -Vakıf needs a better reserve Opposite. Sloetjes is a bit incosistent, Vakıf needs someone that can come in from the bench and make 2-3 easy points like Polen does for FB..I think Vakıf should get Gözde Yılmaz, if she leaves Eczacı at the end of the season..She can do everything Polen does and is a better blocker and server to boot.
    -Guidetti replaced Rasic with Melis, in 3rd set, which is a weird decision for me. Why not Ozgenur, who made 5 blocks against Idmanocağı last week...Melis couldn't touch a ball Kim hit (She's 1.85) and when she did, it was block-out (the match point)..Anyway, Zehra should be in the squad next year instead of Melis..
    -Cansu Çetin's presense is another question...She's as much of an offensive threat as a libero, so basically Vakıf has 3 liberos in the squad...A young OH with some offensive skills should be in the squad instead of Cansu next year..

• Oh my god guys, please stop talking about Vakifs defeat against Fener. You are talking or your arguments are based like Vakif gets defeated in every match! They just lost 1 game so far, 1 !!! :!: and you are already talking about who should leave and who should be replaced by. Please just stop it, it is really too much only because they lost 1 single game! I really can't read it anymore and NO i am not a Vakif fan but it is unbelievable how you criticise a team which lost 1 game this season so far, can't believe it how it would be if they will lose their next match as well. I guess this thread would be unstoppable !
    Thanks!

• Vakıf didn't just lose 1 game, they lost second in a row to the same team without taking a single set. Any Vakıf fan should be concerned or even worried...What makes this defeat more annoying is it resembles so much to last year's CL final defeat against Pomi. It seems any good-defending team with courage and a bit of luck can get better of Vakıf...

• Oh my god guys, please stop talking about Vakifs defeat against Fener. You are talking or your arguments are based like Vakif gets defeated in every match! They just lost 1 game so far, 1 !!! :!: and you are already talking about who should leave and who should be replaced by. Please just stop it, it is really too much only because they lost 1 single game! I really can't read it anymore and NO i am not a Vakif fan but it is unbelievable how you criticise a team which lost 1 game this season so far, can't believe it how it would be if they will lose their next match as well. I guess this thread would be unstoppable !
    Thanks!

I agree with this.. Should Vakif be worried about losing the games straight to Fener - absolutely! But that doesn't mean everyone should start making plans about who should they fire and hire next season.. I think everyone expects Vakif to dominate every single game, as they did few seasons ago, but that's a thing that happens once in a lifetime (not literally).. As much as I don't like Karch, he said a really smart thing: 'To win you don't have to be great, you just have to be good' and that's an absolute truth.. I am sure Giovanni will focus more on Fener now.. Sloetjes is not doing as good as last season, we can all agree on that, they don't have a player who can replace her, maybe Kim, or making Gozde play as OPP and Kim-Zhu OHs.. Kubra is not having a big role in this team, Robin was doing a good job for them last seasons.. They for sure have things to think about and work on, but the season is far from being over so they have time..

• I agree with Harbo and I'm also tired of people keep talking about Gozde Yilmaz as if she's such a talent. She doesn't belong anywhere near the top teams and is nowhere near the level of Polen. (not that Polen is so great but you know) Did you look at her attacks how high she's jumping, it's really embarassing to look at. I swear even I can jump higher then her. She only relies on her length and power which doesn't help her with killing balls and is not even close to being enough for a team like Vakif. She can go to a team like Idman next season, then we can see what she does. And she's not a young talent so need to invest in her.

:set: this emoji is literally her reach I'm not kidding

• Look Beri,(See what I did there) I see your favorite player is Fatma Yıldırım...Are you aware that she's a 21% exc. receiver, which is less than Kosheleva, Hande and Neslihan
    And Yes, Gözde Yılmaz is the best choice to play as a reserve opposite for a team like Vakıfbank...Once she leaves Eczacıbaşı CİRCUS, you'll see what she can do...