Turkish League 2016/2017

• Just curious. The four teams (GS, Fenerb, Vitra and Vakif) are all from Istanbul. How come their fans are so diffrent? What I mean is their fans are all from the same city but how come those fans from Fenerb and GS are bunch of thugs, whereas fans from Vakif are bunch of kids with their parents and their musical band?

I will probably get stoned by the GS fans and by the Fenerb fans for saying this but I don't think GS and Fernerb both deserve their victory. What make them win is not because they have better players or better attitudes or better tactics than Vakif or Vitra. They won their match because their thugs disturb and intimidate their opponents.

This is a little bit over the top kind of statement. You are simply denying the fact that both of those teams played great when it was needed the most. Being intimidated in sports is part of the bigger picture, and I believe both Vakif and Ecz knows that it comes with their territory. If they chickened out during a match because of the fans, then it is their fault. Plus, have you seen all of the semis between those for team? Fenerbahce and Galatasaray played brilliantly. I am not saying these teams are the best compare to the other teams, but they played well when the time is needed. Don't take away what Eda Erdem has done during those golden set away from her by saying it is because of the hooligans. Yest, they have fans that are over the top, but that doesn't mean that they are not a good team at all.

• Some people sometimes speak without knowing? Did you watch Old Burhan Felek Hall(official name 50th year hall) ? I watch during First Burhan Felek and then 50 th Year Hall.Hall is Full all fans are families.3500 Full fans.
    We won all Vakıf matches and Ecz everytime 3rd.Turkish League unfortunately as same as Russian League Big Sports Club and factory teams and Goverment Banks Teams
    End Of 2011 Vakıfbank gave offer amazing contrack to Naz Aydemir and start to won to FB SK.Because Naz is first important domestic player.And changed all balances of league
    Do You Know FB SK?For Me The Best Successful Sports Club All The World call away.We won lots of European Cups and played Finals All Branch.
    If a FB supporters every time have a matches.Football,Basketball,Volleyball,Atletism,Table Tennis etc You need lots of money and time also Turkis fans never like to lose I think All Mediterrian Countries same
    Also FB supporters have a problem with their President and lots of people protest with no go to matches

Turkish League some fans also supperted Ecz.,Vakıf,Efes,Halkbank,Ziraatbank etc But FB fans only supports their team.Because We no need to support other teams.We are the big club.
    Have you ever go to Vakıf match?You can see the other club fans with tshirt on the other hands with a Vakıf flag.
    Did you watch FB Ulker Arena basketball matches?FB fans knows all sports and different .
    As a result Vakıf and Ecz. no supporters Even Though lots of money but Vakıf from now collect to supporters cuz have a great gym.

• Being intimidated in sports is part of the bigger picture, and I believe both Vakif and Ecz knows that it comes with their territory. If they chickened out during a match because of the fans, then it is their fault.

Being intimidated in sports is part of the bigger picture, and I believe both Vakif and Ecz knows that it comes with their territory. If they chickened out during a match because of the fans, then it is their fault.

I have to disagree with you. Sportsmanship applies also to sport fans as well. Volleyball is not Football. When Vakif or Vitra fans don't go to watch the Game because they don't want to clash with thugs, we have a serious problem here. And what next? Are we going to allow players to fake injury or to call their opponents names like in Football? Are we going to see one day, in volleyball, fans use laser pointer to blind players or throwing firecrackers into the court as well? We can observe how uncivilized behaviors of some fans in RIO2016 can affect so deeply many players. Are you going to say the same thing to these international elite players that it's their fault for chickened out because of fans? I also want to underline that the players in those volleyball games are all ladies. Even in football, fans have more civility when players are ladies.

• I have to disagree with you. Sportsmanship applies also to sport fans as well. Volleyball is not Football. When Vakif or Vitra fans don't go to watch the Game because they don't want to clash with thugs, we have a serious problem here. And what next? Are we going to allow players to fake injury or to call their opponents names like in Football? Are we going to see one day, in volleyball, fans use laser pointer to blind players or throwing firecrackers into the court as well? We can observe how uncivilized behaviors of some fans in RIO2016 can affect so deeply many players. Are you going to say the same thing to these international elite players that it's their fault for chickened out because of fans? I also want to underline that the players in those volleyball games are all ladies. Even in football, fans have more civility when players are ladies.

if you say that the security of the arena should be better when it comes to hooligans then i agree with you however once inside the court not all conditions are the same, there are times when their is a very hostile crowd, sometimes it is so quiet, sometimes the floor is sliperry, sometimes the ref is bias but in the end it is up to the player/team on how to overcome that obstacle.

"Are we going to allow players to fake injury or to call their opponents names like in Football?"

calling names is now a problem? lol if you are so sensitive that you lost focus because of namecalling then being a pro is not for you

• if you say that the security of the arena should be better when it comes to hooligans then i agree with you however once inside the court not all conditions are the same, there are times when their is a very hostile crowd, sometimes it is so quiet, sometimes the floor is sliperry, sometimes the ref is bias but in the end it is up to the player/team on how to overcome that obstacle.

"Are we going to allow players to fake injury or to call their opponents names like in Football?"

calling names is now a problem? lol if you are so sensitive that you lost focus because of namecalling then being a pro is not for you

That's bullshit.

Fabiana, a two-time olympic gold medalist and a volleyball professional athlete was hurt when a hooligan called her some racist name.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-insults-for-fabiana.html

I'm sure Fabiana and other successful professional athletes will disagree with you on that. It's just human decency not to call people names because of their skin colour, religion, country of origin and even because of club rivalry. We don't need that in sports. It's just not a good look overall for everyone. Players and fans just the same. Sports has enough tension in game. We don't need to bring unnecessary things so that people can feel good about themselves because athletes are still human beings not some superhuman who doesn't get hurt.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm a Gala fan but not a hooligan at all. I'm going to the matches since i was a little child, I have NEVER booed, whistled or did ANYTHING to demoralize the opponent players. I just supported my team ( sometimes Eczacı-my second team, sometimes Vakıf, and sometimes Fener), clapped both teams in moments of good volleyball... But since last year i'm not going to the hall to watch Gala or Fener matches because of these hooligans. I feel so angry and ashamed of supporting the same teams with those 'beings', and they are the ones heard, they are the ones seen. They overshadow us, volleyball fans, and our joy of volleyball.

Most of the time there is no physical violence, but what about verbal violence? Psychological violence that the players are exposed... Yes, they are professional players, therefore they should be strong against mental challenges, but they are HUMANBEINGS for god's sake! Plenty of times I tried to warn these hooligans, in defense they say ''As supporters of our team, we have to do what ever we can'' Where is morality? (no need to be sexist, this should not be about one's sex, and people in court are WOMEN, not LADIES)

• I have to disagree with you. Sportsmanship applies also to sport fans as well. Volleyball is not Football. When Vakif or Vitra fans don't go to watch the Game because they don't want to clash with thugs, we have a serious problem here. And what next? Are we going to allow players to fake injury or to call their opponents names like in Football? Are we going to see one day, in volleyball, fans use laser pointer to blind players or throwing firecrackers into the court as well? We can observe how uncivilized behaviors of some fans in RIO2016 can affect so deeply many players. Are you going to say the same thing to these international elite players that it's their fault for chickened out because of fans? I also want to underline that the players in those volleyball games are all ladies. Even in football, fans have more civility when players are ladies.

now you are being overdramatic. you are taking this way out of context. i was referring to the affect of the hooligans on the team which you specifically said cause Ecz and Vakifbank lost the previous matches. How many times have these teams played each other in the past and how many times the result were completely different than the recent semi-finals? Have Ecz and Vakifbank NEVER win going against Fenerbahce or Galatasaray? They HAVE WON the matches -- and the hooligans were there as well. So why now, out of all the matches, that you blame the lost completely on the hooligans? Did Galatasaray and Fenerbahce played really bad but the hooligans intimidated Ecz and Vakifbank until they can't play their usual level? I call bullshit on that one. Every team has their ups and downs and too bad for Ecz and Vakifbank they were not performing up to the par when it was needed the most.

• Don't even get me started with Tennis. Oh my Queen, Martina Hingis! ;(

She could've gotten her golden slam if only the french open people weren't rude to her. Just because she tried underhand serve on Steffi Graf and complain about a call. She was so young back then. She didin't need people to be calling her names like that and in a very intimidating way. :down:

Honestly people putting and booing athletes down is just not a good look for us fans of the sports. What do we really get from that? If anyone gets satisfaction from that, they must be a shallow person. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• now you are being overdramatic. you are taking this way out of context. i was referring to the affect of the hooligans on the team which you specifically said cause Ecz and Vakifbank lost the previous matches. How many times have these teams played each other in the past and how many times the result were completely different than the recent semi-finals? Have Ecz and Vakifbank NEVER win going against Fenerbahce or Galatasaray? They HAVE WON the matches -- and the hooligans were there as well. So why now, out of all the matches, that you blame the lost completely on the hooligans? Did Galatasaray and Fenerbahce played really bad but the hooligans intimidated Ecz and Vakifbank until they can't play their usual level? I call bullshit on that one. Every team has their ups and downs and too bad for Ecz and Vakifbank they were not performing up to the par when it was needed the most.

It's easy to explain this. Those games are less "important" thus there are less thugs in the stadium. But the semi-final or the final are not the same comparing to other games. In the last semi final games, we can see several players from Vakif and Vitra are distressed and lost their concentration, especially during the serve. They looked apathetic and they just wanted to send the ball to other side of the net (regardless the outcome) because they had enough with those thugs. We can also notice these two teams (Vakif and Vitra) lost their coordination and their cohesion and they play like a college team, especially for the Vakif. If the security had removed those thugs during the last four semi final games, I'm pretty sure the outcome would very different.

• It's easy to explain this. Those games are less "important" thus there are less thugs in the stadium. But the semi-final or the final are not the same comparing to other games. In the last semi final games, we can see several players from Vakif and Vitra are distressed and lost their concentration, especially during the serve. They looked apathetic and they just wanted to send the ball to other side of the net (regardless the outcome) because they had enough with those thugs. We can also notice these two teams (Vakif and Vitra) lost their coordination and their cohesion and they play like a college team, especially for the Vakif. If the security had removed those thugs during the last four semi final games, I'm pretty sure the outcome would very different.

To be fair, you should not blame the audience. All players need to adapat to the enviroment. Ecz Vitra has 4 plus match poionts but still lose. As for vakifbank, the main reason is that milena rasic is not on the court. Fener will also lose to Ecz vitra if Eda is injured.

• To be fair, you should not blame the audience. All players need to adapat to the enviroment. Ecz Vitra has 4 plus match poionts but still lose. As for vakifbank, the main reason is that milena rasic is not on the court. Fener will also lose to Ecz vitra if Eda is injured.

Volero is stronger than GS and Vakif has no problem to beat Volero without Milena Rasic.

• Volero is stronger than GS and Vakif has no problem to beat Volero without Milena Rasic.

I do not think Volero is stronger than GS now. Especially during semi or final phase, the mental power of GS is much stronger than that of Volero. They are diffent style of teams.GS is much faster than Volero.Without milena rasic, vakifbank's mb can not find the pace to block GS. It is easier for kubra to block much slower but high ball team.

• You guys are out of your minds! Vakifbank lost because of GS fans? You can come up with much better reasons, like: Vakifbank lost because the temperature of the hall was 1C higher than usual? The only bad thing GS fans did during these matches were whistling and boo-ing when Vakif players went to serve, nothing more. If this is influencing any of their players performance, then they should quit volleyball and start working in somewhere. You are underestimating these players, almost all Vakifbank players are experienced international players, who played in all age groups like U16, U18, WGP, olympics etc. They all can handle such stress. If we were talking about a 16 or 18 year old player, then I would buy this argument. Same fans were more cruel to Krasnodar players in the finals of last Cev Cup edition and Krasnodar played well and defeated GS anyway. I'm not defending hooligans but boo-ing or whistling is not hooliganism. Hooliganism is when FB and GS spectators throw sound bombs to the court or throw trash on players on the court and swear at them and referees.

Vakifbank lost the finals because GS's game plan was perfect to solve Vakifbank as a team. Vakifbank had receiving problems all this year, GS served incredibly well. The only way for GS to score was to receive well and play fast, Vakifbank served either out or easy serves. GS was lucky because this game plan won't be succesful against Fenerbahce for example, or Volero or whatever. But GS's strengths and Vakifbank's weaknesses matched perfectly this season and I can ensure you that GS would be the only team to eliminate Vakifbank from finals for exactly this reason.

• this what is stupid about all this talk, there are a lot of times when a team like vakif will face gala wherein there will be a lot of hooligans and vakif will still win 100 times so the question is if vakif can beat gala with hooligans a hundred times then why cant they suddenly win it during the semis? because the hooligan argument will only be valid if the record is bad in other words

with hooligans and a 60+% win rate=hooligan not a factor
    with hooligans and a 40+% win rate= hooligan might be a factor

oh by the way ecz was leading 13-7 in the semis and 14-11 at one point so even when there are hooligans they still had 4 match points so in the end they should have gotten that 1 point.

• If you never whistling and boo ing. Why going to match. This is legal and ıf you are fan you want to demorilize other team.This is support.But argueing, throw the money etc and sound bomb this is fanatism
    Ecz. playing All full foreigner players In CL No Turkish Players Even CEV noticed How Is Turkish Team?
    If Eda is injure Ecz won?How is logic , Ecz. most expensive budget also has stars amazing players all volleyboll history. FB, GS is try to amazing victory.Defenitely Eda,Kim is ınjury no chance to EczV and Vakıf.

• this what is stupid about all this talk, there are a lot of times when a team like vakif will face gala wherein there will be a lot of hooligans and vakif will still win 100 times so the question is if vakif can beat gala with hooligans a hundred times then why cant they suddenly win it during the semis? because the hooligan argument will only be valid if the record is bad in other words

oh by the way ecz was leading 13-7 in the semis and 14-11 at one point so even when there are hooligans they still had 4 match points so in the end they should have gotten that 1 point.

this what is stupid about all this talk, there are a lot of times when a team like vakif will face gala wherein there will be a lot of hooligans and vakif will still win 100 times so the question is if vakif can beat gala with hooligans a hundred times then why cant they suddenly win it during the semis? because the hooligan argument will only be valid if the record is bad in other words

Ecz lead 13 7 then 14 10 but FB fight never give up Eda Erdem out the wall and her heart 8 blocks and We Won.

Also I want to say Abaout Maja Ognjenovic. Maja did CL and semi final matches a few times after points say something and She deserved Red Card.

• If you never whistling and boo ing. Why going to match. This is legal and ıf you are fan you want to demorilize other team.This is support.But argueing, throw the money etc and sound bomb this is fanatism
    Ecz. playing All full foreigner players In CL No Turkish Players Even CEV noticed How Is Turkish Team?
    If Eda is injure Ecz won?How is logic , Ecz. most expensive budget also has stars amazing players all volleyboll history. FB, GS is try to amazing victory.Defenitely Eda,Kim is ınjury no chance to EczV and Vakıf.

That is true. Ecz already has huge budget on players. Even if Thaisa is injured, ecz has rachael adams. It is too foolish for coach to lost 4 match points in a row. For my point of view, 80% Fener is this year's champion in Turkish leauge. It is very few chance for GS to beat Fener. I bet 3:1 fener win or even 3:0. Anyway let us see who will become NO.1 in CEV champions league this weekend first. :dance6:

• Seriously this is too much. Booing is a part of every single sport at the highest level. I know Fener and Gala have some stupid thug fans, but all they were really doing is booing and whistling and the elite, international level players of Vakif and Vitra should be able to deal with that as they've heard it all before.

Is it not possible that Vakif just played a bad match? Gala had the right strategy to beat them and Rasic being out made it even easier for them because their other MBs can't cover the net as well as her when Gamze is setting with her quick style. Gala served well and Vakif played badly, that's all.

And saying Fener only won because of thugs is ridiculous. Vitra have beaten them 3 times this year and the Fener fans couldn't stop it. They are just very closely matched teams and either team could have won. Boskovic didn't hit straight into the block because of the fans, but because Eda knew where the set was going and how Boskovic likes to hit and positioned herself perfectly.