CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Rio quarterfinals was far worse lolol

• Brazil is already in Japan. I wonder when Serbia will depart? They will have no time to even get ready especially if there's some kind of celebration for them arriving tomorrow. I'm glad not all of them are going.

There will be a public celebration tomorrow night at 9 PM in downtown Belgrade and those who get selected for World Cup will be leaving on Wednesday.

TBH, I think all of them would rather forfeit that duty now. :D

• President of turkish federation hugged everyone including Guidetti but not Ebrar Karakurt at the awarding ceremony. He even chose not to make eye contact with her.

I don't think Ebrar's career is safe in Turkey

As they wrote in a Turkish forum, this was not about Ebrar's sexual orientation but he did not hug half of the players such as Naz etc. either. It was just a random hug to some of the girls.

I don't think Ebrar would stay in Vakifbank if they were being homophobic to her, I am sure the girls in the team and Guidetti are very open minded, as well as their manager. I agree on Beri though, Ebrar should either go to another country or find a good local team which can back up her better, Fenerbahce, Besiktas or GS are good alternatives, if she wants to be untouchable.

• Throughout the whole tournament, I feel like there are so many talented MBs, OPPs, Setters in Europe. However, for OHs, there aren't that many stars. For example, in the top 3 teams, Serbia's Miha and Busa have some ups and downs today; for Turkey, the MBs are the stars to me; for Italy, the two OHs had a solid but nothing spectacular tournament.

For other countries such as China, USA and Brazil, there are more star OHs such as Zhu (even ZCN or LYY) in China, Larson, Robinson and Hill in USA, Fe Garray, Natalia in Brazil. And of course KYK.

Interesting to see how the culture is different in different continents.

be

All the OH players you mentioned played at the WCH and with the exception of Zhu.....they all got outplayed by the European OH such as Mihajlovic, Busa,Sylla,Bosetti, Maret, Plak, Anne.............u actually forgot Gabi.

but last year sylla and bosseti plays really well ,lets see the medalists after 2000.wch all medals are 15 and asia+america =8,world cup has 12 medalists, asia +america=9,OGmedals are 15,Asia+America=12. i find italy is not a totally eoru type team ,they have good defense and reception before.but now they dont have good bench players to cover these things once liberto and bosetti are not in their day.

China,USA,Brasil all dont have powerful opps,especially China.Gong did a good job in reception and defense ,but her attack is just soso.but surely China has too many ohs,and look at u18 and their youth team,they have more ohs talents.hope they can change a position to opps. I think China ,Japan,USA,Brasil,all of them have good youth system to surport their NT.but in eoru,only RUSSIA and ITALY did well.also,russia suffers something now.

I think maybe China and Brasil need a eoru coach to train their opps,and eoru needs Jenny and Ze to train their ohs.for mbs,they dont need to worry about.and for setters,no totally great one now. Gui is a coach who loves to learn. i can see his tactic learning from Jenny.and add the zone 3 attack of opps.also change different palyers position between ohs and opps.

• I don't think Sylla has recovered mentaly and emotionally after her mother passed away.

And just like we learned from Malagurski, things like this can definitely affect their performance. And Sylla is still so young.... Can't imagine what she went and must still be going through.

• here is a decent link of the final:

That's cool, just crowd noise.

• I don't think Sylla has recovered mentaly and emotionally after her mother passed away.

And just like we learned from Malagurski, things like this can definitely affect their performance. And Sylla is still so young.... Can't imagine what she went and must still be going through.

the problem is Bosetti and De cant be injured,because sylla cant cover so big court. and Italy dont have good backup for them. Serbia is a little better.Busa can get one backup and their setter is experienced. but all things will change after 2020.if Italy cant get one good backup in oh position,they wont go longer as their expectation.interesting thing is when italy played vnl in Naijing this year,Danesi with their teammates traveled a temple of Nanjing to pray a good result in 2020.they wrote their wishes in Chinese in a Prayer Card .

• Congrats to Serbia, as expected. I think it comes down to experience. Serbia has Maja, Mihajlovic, and Popovic. Plus, this might seems a bit of a drag, but Serbia came across as a more calm and collected team. I love Mihajlovic's attitude on court. Turkey's Brazil-esque over-celebrating can hurt them sometimes if they can't contain that extreme arousal.

But congratulations to Turkey. They gave one hell of a match to Serbia. No one can say Turkey didn't deserve the silver medals. In fact, they deserve the gold medals if only the golds can be shared. I like this new generation of Turkey players and with the arrival of Naz, everything seems to be upgraded. I don't know if this is a young team which explains the mistakes they did, but they sure are one of the biggest contenders for the European Olympic spot. I wish Turkey made it through to Olympic because I am excited to see what they can bring to the table.

• As much as I'm a little shaky on Euro-volleyball in general, the women are all very beautiful, and would say especially Turkey and Serbia. NED are DOM are right there too. And Germany. Sometimes Russia

COL has some very beautiful ladies too (coneo, mosquera) but i've always thought the US had some nice lookers (murphy, gibby, drews, krob).

Gisele is only the best and most beautifull model ever

sorry, i don't agree. she's a great model and businesswoman, but to me, she looks quite plain (it's that giant nose and small eyes).

• i cannot evaluate all of harboboy's statements but it does make sense to me that guidetti has a huge conflict of interest in how he manages the NT. i'm sure you could say the same of another coach (like ze) who also manages an NT and a club, but in gio's case, it seems quite clear that he does not have the best interests of the NT at heart. the TUR fed. should take a long look at how he's possibly hurting the NT.

i thought TUR played amazingly today at times, totally beyond expectations. i mean, this is the team that had troubles putting away CRO. but guidetti's manic and often non-sensical substitutions really killed whatever chances they might have had. in contrast, terzic only did one sub (until the double sub at the end of the 5th set). in the end, i think the best team won. SRB is the only team to finish unbeaten before the final. ITA had lost to POL, POL to BEL, TUR to SRB, etc. i think the way SRB is playing, only CHN at their best can beat them. not the US or BRA or RUS right now... but the OG are a year away, maybe ITA will fix its problems and become a contender for the gold in tokyo.

• i cannot evaluate all of harboboy's statements but it does make sense to me that guidetti has a huge conflict of interest in how he manages the NT. i'm sure you could say the same of another coach (like ze) who also manages an NT and a club, but in gio's case, it seems quite clear that he does not have the best interests of the NT at heart. the TUR fed. should take a long look at how he's possibly hurting the NT.

i thought TUR played amazingly today at times, totally beyond expectations. i mean, this is the team that had troubles putting away CRO. but guidetti's manic and often non-sensical substitutions really killed whatever chances they might have had. in contrast, terzic only did one sub. in the end, i think the best team won. SRB is the only team to finish unbeaten before the final. ITA had lost to POL, POL to BEL, TUR to SRB, etc. i think the way SRB is playing, only CHN at their best can beat them. not the US or BRA or RUS right now... but the OG are a year away, maybe ITA will fix its problems and become a contender for the gold in tokyo.

but Boskovic now has Zhuphobia. just like turkey players and Brasil players. if serbia not at their best,can they win China?if Italy is not at their best,can they win China? things is still complex. we all know Jenny is a good master tactician and tempo controller.also China are good at playing euro teams except Italy.they dont fear of high ball,they dont like too quick tempo teams,like usa and brasil before.this year ,serbia A team still cant meet China A team .so we wait 4 years to see their a team match in tokyo.

• If someone think that this tournament was boring, oh boy, they don't like volleyball at all.. Great games, "small NT" giving all their passion, playing with their heart, almost bleeding for the sport, Finland, Greece, Slovakia, Bulgaria, France... Turkey, criticized by everyone, playing a final match worthy of a champion... We should remember that volleyball is not just about winning, it is about fun, and they had it, they had it all...

And what to say about this final, I was anxious during the whole match, and i'm not even Turkish or Serbian, the last time i felt that way was on Minas x Eczacibasi, for obvious reasons... I root for everyone today, I started rooting for Turkey, but when super Busa started to demolish the Turkish reception line I was screaming like Ebrar, almost (or like Veljkovic, as in my avatar :cheesy:)

I think, in the end, Gui got in the way more than he helped. He should have, at least, started with Naz in tie-break. Not a good idea to bench a setter we all know is a ROCK in this type of situation.

As a spectator, I'm pretty satisfied, good job to both teams, it was an amazing ride :heart:

• President of turkish federation hugged everyone including Guidetti but not Ebrar Karakurt at the awarding ceremony. He even chose not to make eye contact with her.

I don't think Ebrar's career is safe in Turkey

Not true.

1. He was very stiff

2. He didn't kiss Meliha, Naz, Boz, Fatma and Ebrar.

No reason to drama.

• Watch 9-6 and tell me that again, he ruined his team big time, he called Cansu over and she stood in front of the receivers..

I watched replay and it wasn't like that.

9-6 and Turkish service - Ebrar was standing and looking as pole. And that's how the ball landed in front of her.

9-7 Ebrar was receiving in the middle of the court and Cansu was stanting at left side of the court. Ebrar just made reception error.

9-8 Busa served in libero direction and Akoz did overpass. Cansu was standing as before at left side of the court.

So sorry, but what Guidetti could do with this? He let Ebrar play, it gave positive effect with the result and she made mistake in 5th and it's not coach fault. If he wouldn't let her play I would hear "why he didn't let Ebrar to play?"

Guidetti made a lot with Turkish team and you should be very happy. Also this tournament made your team much stronger before Olympics Qualifications, so there is no reason to be mad/sad/angry.

• at 9-7, when busa was serving, gui called cansu over. when she served, cansu was running to get back to her position, crossing in front of ebrar. i think the ball dropped because ebrar got distracted by cansu.

At 6-9, zehra was serving. Free ball dropped turkish side, cansu (cause of the talk with giovanni) blocked ebrar's view. She run late from position 5 to 1.

It might be 10-6 for Turkey. Another drama in Serbia game. We barely get Rasic serve from 2011 semi final over. Commentator mentioned that one.