2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Those awards were pretty weird.. Simge must have gotten an award.. although Michelle Bartsch was bad today, she has been their big weapon and the main reason they managed to get to the final so maybe the MVP award can be justified. I would be happy with Eda as MVP too, she was great

• I don't see any similarity between USA and Russian girls tbh. I don't get all this either, the US girls always come of as sweet, loving and with bubbly personalities to me with lots of energy on court. I don't see all those things you guys see tbh. US girls always seem to have a smile on court or even before and after a match always

• Award ceremonies creep me out.

I'd have given the "best tucked in shirt" look to Gunes over MBH

• Btw, I dont agree on the comments about Italy making it to the F6. They sure can, but then I expect Serbia to be out because there is no other playing joining them to make them better in 3 months. I wonder if Mihajlovic will be able to play WCH after the surgery for example?

About Italy, I don't think they will be unstoppable. To me, Egonu is still very inconsistent, their middles are not delivering good performance that's why people were wondering if Folie will be back soon, their OHs are doing nothing special compared to the OHs of teams we have here in the final of VNL. Pietrini was served off the court immediately when I watched her last time for example. They really need to work hard this summer to get best of those same players, it will be exciting to see if they start performing better in WCH :drink:

What game have you watched to say that Italy MBs are not delivering good performance ? Why do you underperform Christina performance and Danesi too ? Who are doing pretty much good job ? OH is not just attack, Bosetti is second libero next to De Gennaro that is why they have the best defence team right now and secondly Pietrini is the biggest talent in volleyball right now and her performance was going up game by game I still think that Sylla deserves to be start with her amazing performance in week 5 after she got little injury.

Last 6matches Italy won at VNL (China,Brazil, Serbia) so they are pretty good with their confidence.

• When you have Eda an MB as your main point getter you realise you need some improvement in the wings.

I am loathe to criticise Hande and Meryem and i am not , they have done as good as a job as can be expected. Meliha did not contribute at all to help them either(in this specific match), they have been great at times and really impressed, they have shown great improvement and i am happy to got to the WCH with them but long term this area is where we can most improve.

By the way Cansu didn't help the wingers much either last 2 sets. Zehra wasn't able to show her best, but i thought USA were concentrating to nullify her. This is not really criticism just looking at areas to improve. These players have got to the final of a major tournament. Very happy and positive over all.

But the contrast between the the first 3 sets and the last two...I am just disappointed for the girls. I am loving the silver :win:

• As an American I can say there is a certain immodesty that comes with being American. I like most of the USA girls except the gum chewer

• That Bosnian girl, Meliha has done amazing job with her reception so that is why I like her as OH. Yeah She haven't got good performance with attack but everything starts with reception. So brava Meliha

• Err ok, but why the over the top put down? did you in your head flag that as racism? It was a throw away jokey comment, you put 1+1 and made it 3?

AND they do look alike, body type and facially especially if watching on a pixellated stream on a monitor and they play the same position.

yeah dude, they look as alike as eda & meliha.

• USA deserves the champion in this year's vnl. The real A-team, and all players are healthy and playing in this tournament! China beats brazil with 3:0 is a surprise for me. Anyway brazil made mistakes and lost to turkey. It is their own fault! :teach:
    Turkey young players really make big surprise towards these top teams! I think italy will be a big surprise in wch 2018! :teach:

• That Bosnian girl, Meliha has done amazing job with her reception so that is why I like her as OH. Yeah She haven't got good performance with attack but everything starts with reception. So brava Meliha

Meliha is not 'that Bosnian girl' lol she has a name which is her own name and a Turkish name and she is Bosnian-Turkish. Why do you mention this now every page. Egonu is from Africa, so is Sylla... I know very well what you're trying to do with that. There are millions of Turks with roots from Balkans like I remember that number is like 20 million, they're not all coming from that country just bcs of that. The situation is not similar at all to Azerbaijan I personally have grandparents from Greece for example, but don't identify as Greek whatsoever. Turkey has been a mixing pot for all etnicities almost similar to USA ever since Ottoman Empire.

With that said I think she under performed today, but there are many up and coming OHs in Turkey like Derya, Tugba etc which will take one of Seyma-Meliha's spot.

• Is she Bosnian? :what:

Yes She is born in Bosnia, in Gradačac If I remember correctly her born place.

She played for junior Bosnian NT and She came to Turkey in 2011.