Turkish NT 2018

• Canter Our current plan seems to be play the young talent and let them sink or swim and learn on the way. I think this will reflect on the squad for the WCH's. I agree with it all the way, we have so much young talent we need to find the next generation and we have the talent pool and the coach to get there.

Fulden, Fatma etc yes there is so many current established players that can come into the team and do a decent/good job. But I prefer to stick with the youth, just stick with them in 3 or 4 years it will bear fruit. But Judging from our VNL performance, we can get good results earlier. I think we can surprise in the major comps coming up, but certainly with a youth oriented plan i definitely think we will have a seriously competitive team in 4 or 5 years. That is with Guidetti in charge.

• Ok thanks beri, yeah I am familiar with some, We have so many solid players we can call on young or more experienced and be confident they will contribute. I suppose what i am looking for is a Zhu ting or a Boskovich, maybe being greedy and impatient here, but i am confident it will come some time.

• Out of all the older gen, Neriman would be the only one i had call on and possibly would need. But she is in the end of her career, playing in Japan and getting married etc. I think she is just relaxing and enjoying the end of her volleyball, if she has the desire and intensity to do well for the NT I would bring her in, but i think it is doubtful

• Team needs an offensive OH ,Neriman is only option. If there is a young good offensive OH ,I will gladly take her instead of Neriman but now there is no one.
    Meliha was way better offensive player 2-3 years ago, her offensive decline is because of her excessive defensive training and mental preparation. Mentally she needs good advice.

• Neriman will be just 30 in the next days... 8|

I got the impression she was in wind down mode, she seems not really interested in NT too much demand in her life etc. I said i had be happy if she returned...IF she was in the mental state to play highest level still. Meryem and Eda is 30 i have no problems with age as long as they are ready to contribute 100%.

Edit: it's an area open to improvement most, so yes in general youth, but sure experience with youth is great.

• Neriman would like to play at Olympics and we know she has a dream getting medal. However I feel like she will try her chance from another way: beachvolley. Meliha-Hande duo seems fine to me but sometimes the team needs a powerful hitter coming from bench and it is definetely not Seyma. She can be the substutite for Meliha as a defencive player but not for Hande. So there comes a question in our minds: Would neriman accept being benched?

• I agree about Neriman. This team is young, which is very good but you need a mixture of young&experienced players to get the best out of them. We desperately needed someone who can kill the ball to replace Hande in the tie-break and it is not Seyma Ercan for sure. This team only have Eda as experienced players (both Meryem and Simge are older but they lack the experience at this level) That's why we need another experienced hitter. She could be a very intimidating Opp as well. I know she doesn't like attacking from zone 2 but we can let Meliha or Seyma receive from zone 2 and let Neriman attack from Zone 4 as well. However, it looks like Gui and Neri are not getting along well. So this option is very unlikely considering how stubborn Gui can be sometimes :whistle:

• spmagnus thanks :D

Yea the thing I was most concerned about and why I dont see it happening is bcs of Gio's relation with Neriman. I think this team is doing great though and I prefer Hande over Neriman as attacking OH starter. Tugba and Derya should be able to fill that role of second attacking OH. Both of them are actually even all around

• What a difference a great coach makes... TO be honest I don`t think Turkey would have finished #2 if they had any other coach ( unless it is Ze Roberto or Lang Ping). He truly transformed this team.... Look at the Dutch ...they look hopeless and I don`t even think they will make to Tokyo, but if they still had Guidetti I think they would be even stronger than they were in this past OG Cycle.

I feel a little better after Serbia`s loss now knowing how Turkey performed in the semi and finals. They truly played great volleyball.

Of course in the WCH will be a different game and this #2 place does not means they will be fighting for the tittle in Japan... but just like all the other teams will get back injured players and they will have improved their game...Turkey will have done the same thing ( hopefully).

Eda was the MVP of these finals.... but Cansu also was mind blowing, and Boz in my option was even better than Tandara..I wonder what`s gonna happen when Naz comes back ( including Vakifbank). Hande can improve her reception....Meliha seems like she can`t play a whole game at a high level( and this has to do with being on the bench her whole club career) And I honestly don`t know how she can improve that in 3 months... SO yeah I would totally call Neriman back....

• Tugba will definitely be in the long term set up of the NT, she is a great all rounder. Certain upgrade over Meliha and Seyma, both have done well but long term yes

Guys i want to ask, my main wish is to see a high level out and out powerful consistent point getting OH or OPP for the NT, similar to Ebrar any others from the youths that might fill the role?

I clearly remember Pelin aroguz. she was called the new neslihan and was born in 1997. she was a great promise but went to live in the United States.

I think ceyda aktas is a good opposite, but she is very irregular.

another player who was feeling in turquia was burcu yuzgenç, but this season we did not see her play. she born in 1999 - zehra generation.

gozde yilmaz made some good games like opposite and wing-spiker but she always wants to be backed up right now.

about neriman, I agree with her, but I think she deserves to win her place by playing, not by her name.

* i'm from brazil

• But you only write to the Turkish Nt and Turkish league threads :roll:

• He's a Brazillian, Turkish NT fan.
    Just like sitenoise is an American, Japanese NT fan.

Is he American? :what:

• I think Neriman can be a good addition to this team only as an opposite if Ebrar does not fix her problems. I don't mind seeing Neriman in the squad for WCH either. It would make me really pissed if she joins the team as OH though, I think Meliha-Seyma-Hande trio did a solid work there, plus we have some good prospects like Tugba, Derya and Ilkin to be the next OHs. Since we are having a temporary problem in the opposite position, Neriman can be a good alternative.

• I think Neriman can be a good addition to this team only as an opposite if Ebrar does not fix her problems. I don't mind seeing Neriman in the squad for WCH either. It would make me really pissed if she joins the team as OH though, I think Meliha-Seyma-Hande trio did a solid work there, plus we have some good prospects like Tugba, Derya and Ilkin to be the next OHs. Since we are having a temporary problem in the opposite position, Neriman can be a good alternative.

I agree! What she can do as Opp is way more than what she can offer as OH. Instead of having 3 liberos, we can take 3 Opps

• Is he American? :what:

I'm as Wonder Bread as you're gonna find around here :D