Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Is there something related to Imoco's style? They are a typical fast team that has been playing like this for years, which explains why Imoco's players get injured more often than other teams? I don't believe they are cursed or whatever.

• Is there something related to Imoco's style? They are a typical fast team that has been playing like this for years, which explains why Imoco's players get injured more often than other teams? I don't believe they are cursed or whatever.

I don't think so.

If you look at ITA NT(2017-now) and Pomi Casalmaggiore(2014-15), both are coached by Mazzanti and play similar system. They don't have these kind of injury problems.

• At this point, there's got to be something wrong with their medical staff. I can't recall any other team in the world where players get injured this often (and heavy injuries too!). Perhaps in Germany, where athletes seem to drop like flies, but still. I wouldn't be surprised to see other injuries happening to them during the season.

• At this point, there's got to be something wrong with their medical staff. I can't recall any other team in the world where players get injured this often (and heavy injuries too!). Perhaps in Germany, where athletes seem to drop like flies, but still. I wouldn't be surprised to see other injuries happening to them during the season.

:what: Other than in the past Dresden that for some years was very unlucky with injuries, I have no clue how German teams stand out in that department. I used to think that here we have rather few injuries compared to other leagues actually...

• :what: Other than in the past Dresden that for some years was very unlucky with injuries, I have no clue how German teams stand out in that department. I used to think that here we have rather few injuries compared to other leagues actually...

I wasn't trying to take a dig at German teams, just to be clear! But I've always been under the impression that German league has had quite a lot of injuries over the last few seasons from checking out the league thread, but you're right, I might be wrong. lol

• I don't think there's a problem at all in Germany, it may seem like that bcs naturally as worried people we talk a lot about injuries and ask about details so if you don't follow the league religiously but do the thread then I can see why that would seem like that.

Though moving past that, Imoco has most definitely a problem and should do something about it quickly! We are at a point that players like Robin missed out on basically more then a whole season of her carreer at least if not 2(?), some players have to quit carreers etc. there's always multiple injuries with Conegliano, maybe the players are pushed to do their ultimate best to a point their body can't take it... Or it really is just a medical thing, I can't believe it being a coincidence anymore esp. when you realize Conegliano is one of the top best teams in the world so you know there is pressure on players and a lot just no to what degree exactly.

• I wasn't trying to take a dig at German teams, just to be clear! But I've always been under the impression that German league has had quite a lot of injuries over the last few seasons from checking out the league thread, but you're right, I might be wrong. lol

Don't worry, I didn't understand you that way :win: And maybe that expression came up because I or other posters usually report when someone got hurt and in other league threads this seems to happen less...

• And afterall Filotrano is leading 2:1 and they are gone win 4thset(?) they are leading 12:6..

So sometimes it is hard to predict Seria A 😂

• Scandicci and Conegliano started

It is so nice to see sold out venue :D

edit: So many long rallys with good defence from both side. Differents is that Wolosz organize much better game than Malinov after good defence...

Bosetti has problem with her reception and I think that Hill and Sylla switch rotations.

edit2: Now everyone in Scandicci are mess, Haak, Malinov and Vasileva are out. Reception is bad and Zago can't score.

• Haak is underperforming. Last season their was no match in which She played bad but this season We saw that many times. She is still great, still very young but that is something what I noticed this season. Scandicci is doing nice job but when She is on fire they are very dangerous team.

Malinov is playing better she is giving everyone sets, not only to Haak and now She is doing better. Much better second set for Scandicci.

• Haak is underperforming. Last season their was no match in which She played bad but this season We saw that many times. She is still great, still very young but that is something what I noticed this season. Scandicci is doing nice job but when She is on fire they are very dangerous team.

Malinov is playing better she is giving everyone sets, not only to Haak and now She is doing better. Much better second set for Scandicci.

She has 22 pts after three sets played. Haak is a bit streaky for sure, she has her "on" and "off" periods during most of the games, but its nothing strange with that and I presume she will emerge as a more balanced player with the experience of time.

• scandicci crushed imoco. volleyball is interesting. imoco seemed unbeatable couple of weeks ago, but they lost to both novara and scandicci. hill was off today. too bad there is no megan to replace her. scandicci blocked&defended really well. it is good to see them improving. they were disaster at the begining of the season against novara.

• Nobody in Imoco is performing as good as they can. Wolosz setting is to inconsistent and she has to play more with her middles (recieving doesn't allow her to that all the times), espacially de Kruijf. De kruijf doesn't get many balls, but when she get them she is not that explosive as she was. Fabris is making way to many errors. The outisde hitters duo isn't recieving good en Hill should step up her offensive game.

• That defeat of Conegliano by Scandicci had visible consquences for the table; the top five for now are:

1. Novara

2. Scandicci

3. Busto Arsizio

4. Conegliano

5. Casalmaggiore

The others are considerably behind at now.