Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Order of teams in A1 now strongly resembles the last years outcome: 1. Novara (dropped to 2. later) 2. Conegliano 3. Scandicci 4. Busto Arsizio

I know right! both Italian and Turkish league are boring me, I wish we had a Euroleague even more now though I now this is a touchy subject to talk about here :lol: We have to wait too long for CL matches and local leagues are just about the same usually aside from the top 2/3/4(max) teams

• I know right! both Italian and Turkish league are boring me, I wish we had a Euroleague even more now though I now this is a touchy subject to talk about here :lol: We have to wait too long for CL matches and local leagues are just about the same usually aside from the top 2/3/4(max) teams

Yes, in Germany we will have the same triple of clubs on top as usual, the only deal is the exact order of those on the first three places in the championship in the end... same in most of the seven best European leagues.

• Monza will soon overtake Busto place and even Pomi has chance to do so... when it comes to 4th place.

Club Italia blow me mind when it comes to their players. I think that this year was only start for Italy NT in future. @togutte was right, Italian-black girls are so athletics. High jump, strong spike... Just waiting for new Egonu to happend very soon :whistle:

• Monza will soon overtake Busto place and even Pomi has chance to do so... when it comes to 4th place.

Club Italia blow me mind when it comes to their players. I think that this year was only start for Italy NT in future. @togutte was right, Italian-black girls are so athletics. High jump, strong spike... Just waiting for new Egonu to happend very soon :whistle:

Remember that Busto defeated Monza already in four sets.

• Remember that Busto defeated Monza already in four sets.

That was in second week and it is first half of the season + Bujis will come back second half. They can only perform better. For me Monza looks better now.

The most important matches will be against Pomi (both Monza and Busto) Monza has only Pomi from stronger team and Busto has Conegliano, Novara and Pomi.

• How is Kakolewska doing? I only saw her stats and they look very decent, but didn't see her playing. In OrlenLiga she was scoring regullary 15-20 points (or more sometimes) even in 3 sets games... same thing in NT, she was definitely Poland's "go-to" player next to Smarzek... I don't see it from stats here, but yeah I guess there's no need to rely so much on MB's attack when u have Carcaces and Rahimova on the court ;D

• She is doing fine, I mean she would perform much better if She had better setter. I hope they will sign better one in second half. Overall not bad :)

• 8th Round

NOVARA - MONZA 3-0

Egonu 20, Bartsch 10, Veljkovic 7, Carlini 6 / Begic 11, Adams 10, Ortolani 9

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720857

CONEGLIANO - CLUB ITALIA 3-1

Hill 18, De Kruijf 15, Fabris 10, Moretto 10 / Nwakalor 14, Populini 14, Omoruyi 11

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720858

BUSTO ARSIZIO - SCANDICCI 0-3

Herbots 9, Grobelna 9, Gennari 8 / Haak 20, Adenizia 9, L.Bosetti 9, Vasileva 8

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720859

CASALMAGGIORE - BRESCIA 3-2

Rahimova 25, Carcaces 17, Arrighetti 13, Kakolewska 9 / Nicoletti 26, Rivero 16, Veglia 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720860

BERGAMO - FILOTTRANO 3-1

Smarzek 21, Courtney 16, Mingardi 16, / Whitney 14, Vasilantonaki 12, Cogliandro 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720861

CUNEO - FIRENZE 3-1

Van Hecke 31, Salas 15, Markovic 8 / Santana 17, Sorokaite 12, Popovic 7

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720862

Rest: CHIERI

Standing

NOVARA 23

CONEGLIANO 18

SCANDICCI 17

BUSTO ARSIZIO 17

CASALMAGGIORE 17

BRESCIA 11

MONZA 11

FIRENZE 9

BERGAMO 9

CUNEO 8

FILOTTRANO 3

CLUB ITALIA 1

CHIERI 0

• happy to see Salas slowly get back in form and help Cuneo defeat Firenze! She is really a great player once she finds her confidence.

Lippmann had a terrible game it seems on the other hand. Popovic seems to never improve!?

• both Adenizia and Stevanovic level dropped last few seasons by a large margin. Veljkovic is so much better then Stevanovic these days that its not even a close call anymore imo. I think Brazil can develop MBs that can bypass Adenizia easily as well. I hope to see them step up still though of course and I'm not saying they're always bad.

Stevanović was the MB with the best hitting percentage in Serie A last season, so to say that her level dropped over the last few seasons by large margin is not accurate. However, she clearly is struggling this season, and from what I've noticed, the problem is that she's used almost exclusively for slide attacks and her timing is usually bad. She takes off either too early or too late and is thus rarely in perfect position to hit the ball with full force. She's still a huge asset in blocking, though.

I can't believe that Filottrano vs Cuneo is the TV match of the next round instead of Scandicci vs Conegliano :down:

• How can Lippman score 7 points in 4 sets.

Maybe she is tired? She had no time of rest, playing main attacker in VNL and WCh in summer and now the same in Firenze - despite she is a strong athlete, her energy is limited.

• Order of teams in A1 now strongly resembles the last years outcome: 1. Novara (dropped to 2. later) 2. Conegliano 3. Scandicci 4. Busto Arsizio

I think Scandicci will stay put, Busto may be put under pressure by Monza and/or Pomi as the season goes on and Novanu will eventually be overtaken by Conegliano.

• Bujis started to train with Monza normally. On video that they posted on their video She looks already ready, spiking and moving on the court.

I think We can expect her to return very soon with them.

What injury She had anyway ??

• Bujis started to train with Monza normally. On video that they posted on their video She looks already ready, spiking and moving on the court.

I think We can expect her to return very soon with them.

What injury She had anyway ??

She injured a finger of her right hand. She said she can do everything except blocking

• Situation with Nagaoka are not good for now, they think that She again injured her left knee and that She could needed surgery So She could be out from the court for long time. I wouldn't be surprise that this is her end of season with Conegliano.

So not only that they need new OH, but new OPP too.

I hope this is the last player who got injured that We will not watch the same situation when they lost their main MB duo and they couldn't reach their max. at CL.