Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ils.aspx?TeamID=226&ID=31

here i couldn't see their players

as there was such problem with Kula Bld. by Men's league as well and in the first game vs. Fenerbahce they played only with 1 as they couldn't register them on time and had some problems with papers etc.

will be happy if someone else has more infos about the case.

you're right! the foreigners of Nilüfer B dont appear on the website of Tvf..its weird!! its true that Halkbank hasnt signed any foreigners so far

• first match of the season tomorrow

Fenerbahçe vs Beşiktaş

i suppose we will be watching these lineups

Fener :

Ana - Polen/Melissa

Samatha - Fatma

Eda - Dicle

Merve

Beşiktaş :

Arelya - Olesia

Mia - Ceren/Hümay

Yvon - Janset

Pınar

two questions on my mind : Who will be the starting Opp of Fener : Polen or Melissa and Who will be the second OH of Beşiktaş : Ceren or Hümay ? what about Ceren's reception ?

im guessing Terziç will start with Polen as more experienced then turn to Melissa

i wish we would be watching Aydın BB - THY instead of Vakıf - Karayolları match on second day

• Several impressions from the Turkish Super Cup Final:

-if Boskovic-Larson-KYK trio is all playing good, it's really hard to see any Turkish team come even close to stopping them, regardless how good they play. KYK had a terrible game, and Eczacibasi still won against their greatest opponent.

-The evidence seems to mount that we are no longer in an era where the mere presence of Zhu Ting guarantees to her team titles and trophies (2015-2018 will be remembered as the unbelievable level of domination by a single player). Now, is this because she herself has slowed down a bit this year, or are her teammates (both in NT and club) ever so slightly worse than in previous years? Maybe both?

-As was apparent all off-season, the lack of Naz and Gozde (particularly the latter) will be ACUTELY felt this season, and I think it's only going to get more obvious as the season progresses. Kelsey is playing terrible (something that could have been predicted, given her stint as libero during summer), but Vakif simply has no one to replace her with at OH, so she will play most (if not all) of league matches, which means that Vakif will not be able to field their best 3 foreigners at the same time, and either Sloetjes or Rasic will alternate at sitting games out.

-Not only Kelsey herself, but Guidetti and people in Vakif can now direct their anger at Karch, and how he shafted them all (for nothing, I might add). Being prevented to play in NT by someone is one thing, but negatively affecting a player's professional club career in a direct way is quite another, and much worse.

-For a first match, Gamze did a solid job. I expect her connection with her spikers (other than with Larson, with whom she already seems to have a great one) to improve over season. Her last season in Galatasaray was an underwhelming one, but that had as much to do with a completely screwed-up roster (what were those in Galatasaray thinking when they employed Koshe and Neslihan in 2017?!; plus Rabadzhieva had an incredible bad season) as with herself.

• -Not only Kelsey herself, but Guidetti and people in Vakif can now direct their anger at Karch, and how he shafted them all (for nothing, I might add). Being prevented to play in NT by someone is one thing, but negatively affecting a player's professional club career in a direct way is quite another, and much worse.

Darling, this is something everybody thinks here, but if I wrote it, then I would be called hater. :lol:

The worst coach ever. Nothing else to say.

• Darling, this is something everybody thinks here, but if I wrote it, then I would be called hater. :lol:

The worst coach ever. Nothing else to say.

I never understand why you're so obsessive with certain players or coaches. I'm not a fan of Karch (and you know it). I also hate what he did to Robinson. But keep calling him the worst coach ever is so disrespectful and far fetched.

• Finding a solid local OH is very important for Vakif. Only 3 foreigners are allowed on court at the same time in domestic games. Vakif will face more challenges in Turkish league than in CEV. It's too early to draw a conclusion though. If Sloetjes and Zhu are both on fire, Vakif is still a strong team that could beat any opponent. Vakif swept all the champions in last season. I feel they may lack motivations of doing better.

• its obvious that Kelsey's prospective performance will matter for Vakıf

that is the weak point of Vakıf at the same time..Tuğba-Derya will have to contribute as the substitutes of Kelsey so that Guidetti can utilize his other options

i stick to my opinion : Kübra-Zehra duo can get over the MB position..that Raşiç's not playing doesnt seem to be a vital problem to me

Zhu-Lonneke' offense is/will be essential against good teams

Cansu-Buket setter duo : Cansu will mainly do the job. Buket should definitely be/keep herself ready for the double subs. at least

Vakıf is a very experienced team. They can overcome their problems

• Should Karch be blamed for having Kelsey play as libero for NT in WCH? As USA already had Larson, Hill and Bartsch as OHs (Bartsch can play as OP if needed), there is no spot for Kelsey to fit in attacking line. Just my 2 cents.

• Rasic's offense is not as good as before, but her blocking is still sharp. Both Kubra and Zahra move too slow on blocking.

• Should Karch be blamed for having Kelsey play as libero for NT in WCH? As USA already had Larson, Hill and Bartsch as OHs (Bartsch can play as OP if needed), there is no spot for Kelsey to fit in attacking line. Just my 2 cents.

Actually I don't agree. Hill was bad at the WCH, both receiving and attacking. Bartsch was terrible, no need to comment her. Larson was great IMO, their leader, but got tired towards the end, and really understandable considering her age and amount of responsibility she took. Actually Megan did a very good job as a libero against Brazil, so maybe I would have gone with her as L1, and Kelsey an OH. She would have gotten many opportunities to play, replacing both Larson and Hill

• that could be a problem against the fast teams like Conegliano....Who else?

Well, in theory, I agree with you that Zehra-Kubra is an adequate MB duo, and can certainly hold their own, but Rasic is the only MB in the world who can consistently (more or less) block Boskovic, so that would seem to me an important advantage in this particular matchup.

• I hate to sound like pope, and I don't like when I see posters bitch and moan about player's career choices, but sometimes it really seems to me that Hande is sabotaging her own career. What was she thinking by staying in Eczacibasi this year? Does she really love playing for this club that much that she is willing to barely see the court, especially now that she should grow as a player, and when her future in NT is being decided?

Either as a second opp or as a 4th OH, she will not see court much (there are not many games where Motta rests either Boskovic or Larson in a season, although he really should the latter, considering her age) and after the summer she had (especially in VNL), that seems like a demotion.

• I hate to sound like pope, and I don't like when I see posters bitch and moan about player's career choices, but sometimes it really seems to me that Hande is sabotaging her own career. What was she thinking by staying in Eczacibasi this year? Does she really love playing for this club that much that she is willing to barely see the court, especially now that she should grow as a player, and when her future in NT is being decided?

Either as a second opp or as a 4th OH, she will not see court much (there are not many games where Motta rests either Boskovic or Larson in a season, although he really should the latter, considering her age) and after the summer she had (especially in VNL), that seems like a demotion.

But she is in Galatasaray this year.

• But she is in Galatasaray this year.

Oh? I did not know this.:lol::aww:

Well, glad to hear it.

• Well, in theory, I agree with you that Zehra-Kubra is an adequate MB duo, and can certainly hold their own, but Rasic is the only MB in the world who can consistently (more or less) block Boskovic, so that would seem to me an important advantage in this particular matchup.

also Eda can slow her down too...anyway, Vakıf is a good block-defense team..they are supposed still to slow her up without Raşiç too.. though Raşiç is the best blocker in the team

• I think Vakif's only choice in Turkish league is to use Ebrar as opposite and rest Slöetjes. They can replace Zhu in backrow with Ayca and then let Slöetjes come in. Rasic is not only a better MB than Kubra and Zehra, but she is simply the only person who can gather the team and fire them up when things go wrong. Gözde and Naz did an excellent job in that sense and now there is noone on court for Vakif to lead them. So Rasic is not a choice, she is a must.

Vakif will suffer worse than any other previous years. I would call this, 2016-2017 Eczacibasi Syndrome. The major reason is lack of a defensive, local OH. Whenever Kelsey fails, there is noone to replace her. It was the same with Eczacibasi 2 years ago, when they made one of the most expensive squads in volleyball history, while leaving Larson as the only defensive OH. Tugba is on loan to Division 1, because that is obviously where she belongs in Guidetti's eyes. Derya is receiving worse than Zhu. That explains why Guidetti was so interested in transferring Seyma Ercan this season. With Seyma, Meliha, Guldeniz or even Fatma, Vakif could have a better future this season.

• I agree with Meatballs, keeping Rasiç in the field against top teams is crucial for Vakıfbank. They need a leader character in the team and her blocking is very important to keep a decent block-defense system against Eczacıbaşı. This will depend on the development of Ebrar throughout the season. Alternative could be double substitution of Zhu&Kübra with Ayça&Raşiç but this can't be done often