Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• The only solution that comes to my mind is 4+1 foreign rule as queenpiccinini says. 3+1 rule hasnt made Turkish NT world number 1:wavy: This way big teams wont try to have all good local prospects because they wont need and these players will choose to go another teams. The level will be higher this way and local players will have a chance to play against and near world class players.

• im not that sure.. what if many of the teams other than the top teams choose their foreigners as : 1 Opp+2OH+1MB (or Setter)

you know there arent many good OHs , OPPs adn setters in the league so a probable 4+1 rule would enable the teams to use their spots choosing OHs and OPPs and setters? could this really help ?

• The only solution that comes to my mind is 4+1 foreign rule as queenpiccinini says. 3+1 rule hasnt made Turkish NT world number 1:wavy: This way big teams wont try to have all good local prospects because they wont need and these players will choose to go another teams. The level will be higher this way and local players will have a chance to play against and near world class players.

They don't need limitations for the foreing players on bench. They should allow as many foreigners as the clubs want. Without those limitations, players like Guldeniz and Ismailoglu wouldn't be wasted on bench just because top teams needs 8+ strong local players.

• im not that sure.. what if many of the teams other than the top teams choose their foreigners as : 1 Opp+2OH+1MB (or Setter)

you know there arent many good OHs , OPPs adn setters in the league so a probable 4+1 rule would enable the teams to use their spots choosing OHs and OPPs and setters? could this really help ?

A weak player stays a weak player. If Turkey produces a strong local outside hitter, be sure that player would be on court.

Think about Godze: she would be on court even with 4 foreigners on court.

Will Karakurt stay on bench the next years? No, she won't; whenever she'll be ready for a full time starter position, she'll play regularly.

When you just need 36 local players as starters instead of 48, the quality gets higher.

The biggest problem IMHO are the limitations for the bench players, which make local prospect sign for top clubs and waste their talent.

• some players may appear to be weak at the beggining but then can turn into a better player by playing..Karakurt can show her talent at her early ages but the case may not be the same with every player...f.e. Gözde turned into a top player later etc..but i dont totally disagree with you...star players dont have much problem but i cant be so sure about the players who are in the middle of the spectrum

yet one could give it a try..

• Italy won the World Championship in 2002 when there was no limit of foreign players on court IIRC. I'm against these rules and limits in any league honestly,who's better should be on court ,no matter what. It's true that sometimes top teams don't trust in young players (local or not) but if a player is talented, she will shine somewhere else (like Anthi or Bonifacio in the Italian League)

• After seeing Ataman losing his temper and swearing to refferes, I dislike him. I used to like him, but I cannot stand those kind of macho behaviors. Disgusting....

Maybe, he is more into become godfather of volleyball, just like Fatih Terim and Nedim Ozbey, instead of focusing on how to be a better coach.

• Round 21 , Results :

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video
    Halkbank
    2-3
    Nilüfer BLD
    18-25
    25-19
    19-25
    25-19
    8-15
    Stats

Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    3-1
    Galatasaray Hdi Sigorta
    25-20
    25-20
    22-25
    25-11

Stats
    Video
    Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI
    3-1
    Aydın BBLD
    21-25
    25-23
    25-12
    25-15

Stats

THY
    0-3
    Vakıfbank
    14-25
    16-25
    21-25

Stats
    Çanakkale BLD
    1-3
    Beşiktaş
    25-18
    16-25
    20-25
    15-25

Stats

Fenerbahçe Opet
    3-0
    Karayolları
    25-18
    25-16
    25-20

Stats

• Standings After Round 21 :

TEAM

PTS MP
    MW ML SW SL YTP
    1. ECZACIBAŞI VITRA
    61,3 21 20 1 60 10 2,3
    2. VAKIFBANK 59,44 21 20 1 61 11 2,44
    3. FENERBAHÇE OPET
    49,32 21 16 5 52 22 2,32
    4. GALATASARAY HDI SIGORTA 43,34 21 13 8 47 31 2,34
    5. BEŞİKTAŞ 32,46 21 9 12 39 43 1,46
    6. THY 32,3 21 11 10 34 37 0,3
    7. KAMEROĞLU BEYLİKDÜZÜ VI 30,06 21 10 11 36 43 1,06
    8. NILÜFER BLD
    28,46 21 11 10 37 44 1,46
    9. KARAYOLLARI 21,5 21 7 14 30 52 1,5
    10. AYDIN BBLD 21,3 21 6 15 32 47 0,3
    11. ÇANAKKALE BLD
    11,52 21 3 18 19 57 0,52
    12. HALKBANK 5,08 21 0 21 13 63 2,08
  • Round 22 , Schedule :

14:00 Vakıfbank - Çanakkale B

13:00 Halkbank - Fenerbahçe O

14:00 Aydın BB - Eczacıbaşı V TRT Spor

14:00 Beşiktaş - Karayolları

17:30 Nilüfer B - K Beylikdüzü VI

19:00 Galatasaray HS - THY

• @Umu11

It's not Ataman's first time. I enjoy watching him getting mad. It's so funny. :D Check this:

63380146f21fbe096b05e13b67600c338644adbc.jpg

• I’m sorry if this is off topic, but what happened to setter Asuman? She won 2015 Champions League with Eczacibasi, and since there I haven’t seen her.

• I’m sorry if this is off topic, but what happened to setter Asuman? She won 2015 Champions League with Eczacibasi, and since there I haven’t seen her.

She had an injury which she could not recover enough from to return to professional volleybal. She had to retire at young age sadly.

• Olesia Rykhliuk wins: Best Hair & Make-Up MVP/Award for VVSL season 2018/2019!! Congrats to her : )

I hope no fans of other players are hurt by this decision and hopefully we won't call it rigged or something XD

However do you think she deserved it? If not who would you like to see win the award?

Personally I say: deserved!

• Who would'nt agree? She looks so prepared in every matches. And yes, one thing that made me watch her team simply because she's so beautiful. Hahaha

• Wait. What? Is this Altinli humor? :rolll:

I had to google her, yes. Beautiful.

Bums me out I suffer daily the hairstyle malfunctions of Japanese players :(

• Wait. What? Is this Altinli humor? :rolll:

I had to google her, yes. Beautiful.

Bums me out I suffer daily the hairstyle malfunctions of Japanese players :(

I mean I love that they picked a 'best' player for Hair&Make-Up but this is not on me :D Rykhliuk even posted her thank yous on her instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/ales…heet&igshid=11s98ds5ehx88

It was on tv

• Priceless

Sorry to keep driving this off topic but I've wanted for a long time to beg for some consolation in having to endure Japanese players who work endlessly at keeping a portion of their hair looking just right ON THEIR FACE while they play volleyball. Some go as far as using a hair pin to keep a portion of it ON THEIR FACE while they play volleyball.

What I would give for a sweet tight bun. Or a simple Gonch-style pull back.

Thanks for the opportunity to get that off my chest! :white:

• I definitely disagree with 4 foreigners on court argument. I don't see how quality automatically gets higher when you drop down from 48 to 36, it might be a wishful thinking but there is neither causation nor correlation in the quantity of local players and their quality change. The only measurable effect will be drastically shrunk player pool for NT.

Let's take your example of Ebrar Karakurt; she would have been most definitely on the bench this season if there wasn't 3 foreigner rule. She didn't play many matches because she was better than Sloetjes, she simply played so that Rasiç can play. Same situation is valid for Kübra Akman. She would have played way less than what she had played already this season if 4th foreigner would have been allowed. She get the chance to play only because Guidetti had to sacrifice Rasiç. Both Ebrar and Kübra are good players that will be assets in NT but they wouldn't have played so often if 3-foreigner-rule wasn't there. Same case with Meliha, she had decent amount of playing times just because of foreigner limit. To allow Gibbemeyer play, either Kim or Larson didn't play. Could you imagine Meliha would have any chance to play this season if all of Boskoviç, Kim, Larson and Gibbemeyer were allowed to play at the same time. Aydın Belediyesi had to play with either Ecem Alıcı or Fulden Ural instead of Desislava Nikolaeva. A mediocre player such as Desislava would have take the slot of a local OH that might be an option for NT this season. Another example would be Şeyma Ercan. She would easily have been benched to let Enright, Ruseva, Rahimova and Havlickova play all together. I can imagine an ambitious club like THY would have transferred another foreign OH instead of Seyma who would have to either sit on the bench or play in second division. Also Fatma Yıldırım would have lost her spot to Rabadzhieva if 4th foreigner was allowed.

Currently, most teams use their foreign player slots for OH&Opp&MB positions (except Fenerbahçe and Beylikdüzü), thanks to 3-foreigner-rule, many young setters get chance to play as starters in their clubs. The moment 4th foreign is allowed, the number of foreign setters will increase drastically. Considering setter is a problematic position in the absence of Naz, having as much local setters who play regularly as possible is very crucial for the NT. Now we have 10 setters to choose for NT, God knows how many would have lost their starting position to a foreign player if 4th foreigner was allowed.

All in all, cutting down from 48 to 36 is a drastic change in the NT selection pool considering the fact that some players who are already playing as starters in their clubs are retired from NT. So 12 less players to choose for positions such as OH, MB and setters will certainly harm NT. Now we have a large pool of setters and MBs to select for NT thanks to 3-foreigner-rule. And only a bunch of OHs&Opps that can get playing time in their clubs (Meliha, Şeyma, Fatma, Ebrar) would have to sit in the bench if 4th foreigner was allowed.