CEV Champions League 2019

• What do you mean by experience? Bosetti, Merlo, Vasileva, Adenizia, Stevanoviç are all experienced players. Only Haak and maybe Malinov could be considered as young but both of them are experienced in playing on elite level. To me, they are as strong as other 2 italian teams, if not even stronger.

Let's see how Scandicci perform in Italian's league this season. If they could play a 50-50 chance against Novara or Conegliano, I'd say they are more competitive than Fenerbahce in CEV.

• i dont think Haak is experienced enough to be dignified as world class or elite player..am i wrong ? Adenizia couldnt be as good as some think..she is a great blocker for sure..however i agree that Scandicci seems to be one of main contenders

I think you are wrong. Haak was the best scorer in the entire Serie A last season, toppling the likes of Paola Egonu in total during the main season. The italian league could be argued to be one of the best, if not the best, leagues of them all, so winning the scoring title there should definitly mark one as a world class player offensively.

• I think you are wrong. Haak was the best scorer in the entire Serie A last season, toppling the likes of Paola Egonu in total during the main season. The italian league could be argued to be one of the best, if not the best, leagues of them all, so winning the scoring title there should definitly mark one as a world class player offensively.

i didnt mean her talent..she is very talented for sure however, she is yet to prove herself more than being best scorer of the league

• i didnt mean her talent..she is very talented for sure however, she is yet to prove herself more than being best scorer of the league

To some extent I guess she will always be doubted since she´s not in a position to be involved in the most prestigious NT-competitions and therefore lack some merits from those events the most other players with similar talents, with whom she will be compared with, naturally acquire.

• IMHO Savino Del Bene is a strong team, but way weaker than AGIL and Imoco.

Almost nothing changed.

Vasileva = de la Cruz

Stevanovic > Arrighetti

I don't know Malinov at all, so I can't judge her.

Last season they struggled with the OHs. De la Cruz had the weakest season of her career. Bosetti was nothing more than a second libero.

Vasileva is the same kind of player of de la Cruz, but the dominacan has more spiking skills - on the paper - than the bulgarian, that spikes 95% on the diagonal. The real improvement is the serbian on the middle.

• If this bracket is right, I am curious about the grouping. Each team in Cup 1 will be the seed for each group? So we have 5 groups?

• If this bracket is right, I am curious about the grouping. Each team in Cup 1 will be the seed for each group? So we have 5 groups?

Yes, 5 groups of 4. The 5 group winners and 3 best runners-up will advance to the quarter-finals.

• The second qualification round closed as expected today: all four teams set for the third and final qualification round finished their task already after winning two sets, exploiting their three point away wins. Sliedrecht proved as not sufficiently strong for this competition as expected, other spectators in the hall agreed with me, that their non-performance was embarassing for this high-end competition.

So we have the expected decisive two pairings:

Allianz MTV STUTTGART vs. Alba BLAJ
    ASPTT MULHOUSE vs. Budowlani LODZ

They will know from the draw on Friday before away match both, in which pools the winners will play.

• These 2 match-ups look interesting to me! I see no clear faves on both sides :box:

I think Stuttgart is slight favourite against Alba Blaj, also because return match is in Stuttgart and Alba Blaj played very error prone so far. But it will be indeed a close race. Regarding Mulhouse against Lodz I have no idea, there the return match home advantage is with Mulhouse anyway.

• I think Stuttgart is slight favourite against Alba Blaj, also because return match is in Stuttgart and Alba Blaj played very error prone so far. But it will be indeed a close race. Regarding Mulhouse against Lodz I have no idea, there the return match home advantage is with Mulhouse anyway.

lets take into consideration that Blaj was the finalist of the CL last seaon.lol

• lets take into consideration that Blaj was the finalist of the CL last seaon.lol

They had a nearly completely different roster, for example main attacker Ana Cleger left them, and a ridiculous easy draw to get far in the competition. No doubt they made the best out of their favourable situation then. I was not very impressed by their play against Olomouc in second round.

• my opinion at the beginning of the year : Eczacıbaşı and Conegliano are the two strongest contenders to win the title

this opininon of mine may change by and by depending on the other team's improvements during the season : Vakıf,Novara etc..

• And her are the pools of CL 2018/2019

Pool A: Vakifbank (TUR), Beziers (FRA), Maritza Plovdiv (BUL), Alba Blaj(ROM)/Stuttgart(GER)

Pool B: Eczacibasi Vitra (TUR), Dinamo Kazan(RUS), Hameenlika(FIN), Uralochka (RUS)

Pool C: Igor Novara (ITA), RC Cannes (FRA), Minchanka Minsk (BLR), Budowlani(POL)/Mulhouse (FRA)

Pool D: Imoco Conegliano (ITA), LKS Commercecon (POL), SSC Palmberg (GER), Savino Scandicci (ITA)

Pool E: Dinamo Moscow (RUS), Chemik Police (POL), CSM Bucuresti (ROU), Fenerbahce (TUR)

• I was hoping to see Savino in Pool with some Turkish clubs and Fener with some Italian teams. :down:

• Poor Imoco and Scandicci are going to get sick and tired of each other this year...:lol:

Vakif got a good group (by which I mean easy one).