CEV Champions League 2019

• I believe Sloetjes is not used to her full potential in Vakifbank. I mean she is the main reason why Netherlands are really good NT and she is a scoring machine for them as much as Zhu is for China . Sometimes it seems like she has to be in Zhu's shadow and that that has mentally affect her. She would be better if she didn't feel like a ''second choice'' and i blame it on Guidetti

• So Italian teams are 3/3 this years with CEV competition !!

And they will win even silver medal at CL.

What a year for Seria A and Italian volleyball, after winning silver at WCH !!!

This have been a great for you too.....Everything is going your way.

Let`s see if u can close out this season with Conegliano GOLD and Fabris MVP.

• This have been a great for you too.....Everything is going your way.

Let`s see if u can close out this season with Conegliano GOLD and Fabris MVP.

:lol::lol::lol:

I’m not gone lie, I’m praying for this, but even gold medal would be just fine. :P

• I really do believe We are gone watch epic match with long rallys and amazing defence from both side.

Italian show in Berlin !!! :drink:

Better team wins ! Kdrtv Con... :lol:

• I'm not gonna judge Carlinini because of setting horibbly to the players. I'm curious why Barbolini did not give a chance to Camera during whole season if he adapted her to the team, it would be perfect her entering and helping to that team. All of those players in Novara are perfect indeed, only Carlini makes them useless. I bet if you take her and put another setter to her place, even 40 y.o Piccinini can play perfectly on court, just remembering her performance against Vakif in final game with Pomi, she was the best. Even their bench players are not bad indeed, if take a quick look to their bench player Camera, Plak, Nizetich all of them can be useful too, but Carlini as always make things harder and harder for this team.

Camera isn't much better than Carlini. She surely can set better balls to the MBs, but her overall setting is just so so. She was on court for a few matches. The only match she performed well was the Supercup, where she saved the team and got MVP. But in the other matches, her performance was very inconsistent. Moreover, her blocking height is quite low, which leaves down the line for Zhu to attack.

• Great work from Egonu, kudos to her!:obey:

I had awarded Vakifbank another final, but all of them are not in their best shape at the moment. They could have past to the final with a better setter IMHO.

I'm rooting for Conegliano in the final, because they are a real team!:super:

People just forget....Vakifbank already won Turkish League. Champions League and World Championship with Cansu setting.

• The last time there was a final with two Italian teams was 2005, Bergamo vs Novara (Asystel). Picci was playing for Bergamo back then :lol:

When was the last time that all clubs from the same country won all 3 CEV cups ??

• Now the big question: will Novara be able to overcome Firenze??? :lol:

Even if they lose in the quarter-final of Playoff, as long as Conegliano enters the final, they will get the CL spot for the next season.

If Novara loses in the quarter-final and Conegliano fails to enter the final, Novara will play CEV Cup. They already secure the CEV Cup spot by winning the Italian Cup.

• The last time we got a CL final that wasn't 3-0 was back in 2010 and of course Piccinini was playing that day as well. I hope we get to watch a good match this time.

• Someone should say Kudos to VakifBank.

I love how everyone acts now as if it was all nothing, VakifBank Istanbul has done things no other club in the world has ever done. Years and years back to back CL wins, WCC wins, League and Cup wins. Sometimes not even losing 1 match in entire competitions! And now they just lost after a 16-14 golden set finally after years.

We gotta give it to them, imho the best team of all time is VakifBank! I hope people don't judge them too much, they can leave with head up high ;)

• Sloetjes can`t be dominant with Vakifbak as she is with the NT....part of that is because they have Zhu, but at the same time u would think she could be even more dominant with Zhu helping.....either way it is a good thing she will leave because I don`t think it is working for her. She will be much better in Italy (hopefully).

Kelsey can`t score against good blocking teams. She only does well against the weak teams in Turkey ( and the level over there has been very low). I mean, she can`t even jump high enough to tip it over the block. Even Picininni is more aggressive. Her reception is really not much better than Zhu`s.

Rasic can`t score much... With her not playing TL her connection with Cansu just makes it worse. Her only playing CL will pay off for the NT as she will be more rested. But it is certainly does not pay off for Vakifbank at all.

There`s no excuse for Zhu spiking and getting blocked in the Gold Set....This loss is on her. But with Sloetjes off the floor the pressure is on her and everyone knows where the ball is going......

I`m glad Veljkovic has earned a CL medal ......hopefully that will be Gold ( WCH GOLD and CL GOLD).

There`s a new Queen....Egonu. :love: ( maybe Picinini will be awarded MVP if they win)....but I don`t mind if Conegliano wins.

• Someone should say Kudos to VakifBank.

I love how everyone acts now as if it was all nothing, VakifBank Istanbul has done things no other club in the world has ever done. Years and years back to back CL wins, WCC wins, League and Cup wins. Sometimes not even losing 1 match in entire competitions! And now they just lost after a 16-14 golden set finally after years.

We gotta give it to them, imho the best team of all time is VakifBank! I hope people don't judge them too much, they can leave with head up high ;)

No team can win all the time. Their achievements have already been incredible. They deserve applauses.

• When was the last time that all clubs from the same country won all 3 CEV cups ??

Didnt you ask the exact same question a few weeks ago?🤔 If I remember right, Shame said it was 2008-2009 season

• congratulations to both novara and Vakıfbank! What Vakıfbank showed after the defeat in Istanbul is worth to appraise. Clearly lack of an experienced setter made life hard for Vakıfbank. I can't believe people were actually comparing Cansu with Naz😒 she is not the only reason why vakıfbank lost today but she was the weakest one on the court (with Robinson). With all the respect to Rasic, it is very sad to see the decline of her attacking level 😱

• People just forget....Vakifbank already won Turkish League. Champions League and World Championship with Cansu setting.

Yeah but when they won Turkisch League and Champions league, she had a good back-up setter. Now she had to do it all on her own and she couldn't handle that pressure. It's not only to blame on Cansu, because Vakifbank should have transfered a better second setter. Who especially in CL could release some pressure of Cansu.