2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Today's China seemed like they're from other galaxy.....

This is true, Turkey was bad but... There is definitely a very good reason these girls are Olympic champions, and from the looks of it, they are definitely opting for a back-to-back win which I think they are definitely the front-row top contender atm along with Serbia and Italy.

Chinese girls imo aside from Zhu, might not even seem as good individually as let's say Mihajlovic or Rasic or Bosetti or Boskovic. However they have this scary system in which every single player knows exactly what their role is, what their every move should be and they adapt so well in their role in this system that it almost seems (for a lack of better words) out of this world sometimes. Today even though ofc it wasn't exactly the numbers, they made it seem like every player attacked with 100% success rate.

The only other team I noticed recently is fit as greatly into a similar system is Italy at their peak. Which is why in case they don't meet each other sooner I expect China x Italy to be the next finale, for now ofc as a lot can change in the meantime.

Edit: oh actually Japan is as well, they're I guess just physically not exactly the same. But at the same time thats their thing :P

• Long way for Turkey, and least they could won 1 set but losing clear 3:0 is not good sign.

They are missing block-defence connection that is something that would help them a lot. Even with 3 blockers their defence was everywhere.

Where is Vakifbank libero ?? I think She is the best at moment ?

Gio even tried to bench Gizem Örge in VakifBank to another libero thats not even close to her level. Now he doesnt call her to NT, I don't understand why he doesn't like her, to me she is great too and overall the best local libero now. Maybe they have some kind of beef lol

• Turkey haven't improved one bit in two years, that's mentally...

It's hard not to be sad for Guidetti, with Netherlands they become mentally stronger in one year and didn't fall back...he can't to anything about this choking mentality in Turkish team..

Let's be honest we don't deserve to be in Tokyo, If we make it somehow I'm sure our girls won't be able to handle the pressure and just beat the African team and come back...

• Today I'm extremely disappointed. Not because Turkey didn't make it, it is because the way they played. Even young generations are mental midgets.

Almost every player in the world crumble just at the sight of the Chinese team... Turkey wasn't Olympic material yet, that's all.. It helps that Guidetti is mentally unstable and can't handle any lost whatsoever, but China is definitely on another level... Long way to go to Turkey now, but keep the faith, everything is possible :)

• Almost every player in the world crumble just at the sight of the Chinese team... Turkey wasn't Olympic material yet, that's all.. It helps that Guidetti is mentally unstable and can't handle any lost whatsoever, but China is definitely on another level... Long way to go to Turkey now, but keep the faith, everything is possible :)

turkey collapses against not only china, but usa, brazil and italy as well.

• Turkey beat USA 3-0 this year and haven't collapsed vs Italy in any match yet. Losing is not always collapsing lol. Today was a 100% collapsing.

Btw one thing I forgot about but which was said many times, Turkey was very very heavily weight-lifting this tournament in preparation for Ech which will be held in Turkey, they said many times that Ech is their main goal this summer and they want to win a medal, preferrably gold (bold statement imo but yea) and they knew beating China here was way hard and kept already speaking of continental qualifications. So they def. had some sore muscles.

I'm not saying they would have won otherwise lol, I would say Turkey would still lose 3-0, 3-1 with luck vs this kind of China. However that combined with the mental instability might have caused them looking like Croatian NT today.

• Turkey needs a Tingba Zhuglu.

• sometimes I think the history and the spirit of a team can help a team.lets look at all strong teams now aroud the world.Russia,Japan,China,Brasil,USA,Italy,Cuba ,those are old strong teams.they keep a decent level for many years.of course ,Cuba is so weak,but that is becaus some special reason.when they can change those reasons,they can come back soon. Peru,crotia,Ned,poland,turkey,bulgria,dominica,korea,thai,germany,those are teams who only shine sometimes.cant keep high level for a long time.serbia is rising recently,but we dont know after this generation,will they have talents come out.thats a problem.turkey needs a true talent if they want to rise,and they also need to build the spirit of team.that is important.what I think asian teams are different from other teams is that they never give up easily.and they can solve some problems when they face problems.i like this turkey team.i think gui should work hard to make them together and cooperate well

• As far as I know the 2 Key players of the team - Ocasio and Santana - are still injured.

And the best libero - Seilhamer - and middle - Morales - of the country retired from NT.

• Turkey would have qualified if they faced anyone besides China or Serbia.

China played perfect volleyball. Only Serbia and Egonu would stand a chance against them tonight.

They just got unlucky by having to face the OG Champs.

• Tuğba is probably mentally strongest Turkish OH, regardless of age, right now...

But she has really serious problems, She plays no defense for one...

Yaprak Erkek seems one step ahead of Tuğba, but she's a player of lowly İlbank and will probably forgotten like Ezgi Dağdelenler