2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Kudos to Balkestein-Grothues! She lost her starting spot, but she accepted it and is very positive to her teammates!

Players like her are important to a team

• Daalderop looks so strong recently, huge arms.. I like it :p

Triceps are underrated :teach:

• Looks to me like Plak may have shed a few ... but I'm looking at the live365 stream. Not real clear. Overall NED seem in good spirits :thumbup:

• Tough ending.

• The Netherlands won in 3!

They played better than yesterday, less errors. In the thirs set they lost focus, but won it in the end. Daalderop played great, not only in attack but also did a good job in serve receive!

• I really liked Bulgarian libera (Todorova?) and Milanova (only 18 years old...wow) and also G. Dimitrova #1 .

They are great prospects for the fututre!

Where were Hruseva and Rabadhzieva?

• About Dutch team:

I'm quite satisfied so far, BUT Dijkema should use the middles much more !! Against good blocking teams like Poland her game is much too predictable!

• About Dutch team:

I'm quite satisfied so far, BUT Dijkema should use the middles much more !! Against good blocking teams like Poland her game is much too predictable!

With the end of court camera angle you could see the middle wide open and she still set it out wide. That seemed kind of unpredictable :rolll:

• I really liked Bulgarian libera (Todorova?) and Milanova (only 18 years old...wow) and also G. Dimitrova #1 .

Rabadhzieva is in Guangdong playing the 3rd place match for CVL :)

• in tokyo, we’ll see not just KEN but probably another dèbutante, COL, and hopefully they won’t be together in the same pool, but due to serpentine system, it’ll probably happen again, as it did the last 2 OGs. and yes, i didn’t watch rio matches (mostly still not available online due to NBC blocking it), but london was more exciting. both TUR & SRB being the bottom 2 teams!!!!!! in their pool, BRA losing to US, but beating CHN... in beijing too, CUB beating everyone in their pool, then collapsing in semis...whereas BRA humiliating ITA & RUS, then epic QF between USA & ITA... that was an amazing match.

btw anyone hoping RUS won’t be in tokyo, I say HA! there’s no chance in hell RUS will be totally banned. they’ll just compete as AAR (authorized athletes) or whatever the term is.

i don’t believe gergana is new or that young... rabadzhieva , i read here, has problems with coach/federation.

ruseva is coming back from maternity leave.

• in tokyo, we’ll see not just KEN but probably another dèbutante, COL, and hopefully they won’t be together in the same pool, but due to serpentine system, it’ll probably happen again, as it did the last 2 OGs. and yes, i didn’t watch rio matches (mostly still not available online due to NBC blocking it), but london was more exciting. both TUR & SRB being the bottom 2 teams!!!!!! in their pool, BRA losing to US, but beating CHN... in beijing too, CUB beating everyone in their pool, then collapsing in semis...whereas BRA humiliating ITA & RUS, then epic QF between USA & ITA... that was an amazing match.

btw anyone hoping RUS won’t be in tokyo, I say HA! there’s no chance in hell RUS will be totally banned. they’ll just compete as AAR (authorized athletes) or whatever the term is.

Maybe I misunderstood it, but if KEN qualifies (very likely), it wont be their first time. They were already in Athens 2004, which, sorry for the offtopic, was the best Olympics (in vball) in the last 20 years. Pool matches were just AMAZING, QF too...and SF and Final just from another world.

• i think I got my “dirty mouth” from Giovanni 😘😘😘

Yeah well Giovani is Italian, has nothing to do with Turkey other than him being paid to serve for the country. If you want to use your dirty mouth, please use it at home, not here, otherwise I hope you get banned soon.

• I am sorry but I am genuinely asking - is "KICK ASS" considered as vulgar in some countries? Because I have seen it is used everywhere as a fancy term to "beat" the other team. Just wanna know the real issue here coz I don't wanna stir some unwanted problem.

Certainly not in North America...