2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• some folks once said Turkey would upset China in the first round. :dance6::rolll:

China is for sure favourite. But Turkey has a deep roster and world class players who can make some damage in a good day in any team.

• Don't misjudge competent hard work for luck... They invested in youth, they trained them, they didn't grow on trees

Serbia is lucky, as country they invest nothing to youth, sadly but true. Some clubs are talented and player maker but that is also because of our good volleyball tradition. One more sadly story is one and only specific hall for Volleyball are demolished few days ago because some political mafia construct on that place some luxury complex. Sorry for of topic but i must say this. We must be shame because we have world champions but we dont have volleyball hall. Sorry again for so of topic post

• ok haha.OG will be tougher for turkey.they just needs to show their ability.dont think of too much.It is hard for a young team to get a medal.not players age,i mean playing in OG

lets say they are not even medal contender. They showing up at the Olympics is even an over achievement for them. Thats why their fans are delusional now.

• I bet only Poland can beat Germany. If Turkey wins today Germany is 100% into OG.

Any team right now can beat this Turkish team. Hande and Meliha is the worst OHs duo I have ever seen. Akoz is a great defender but a shaky receiver. And Giu is fucked up!

TBH I can’t see this Belgium losing to Turkey

How many of ya'll think Belgium can kick some Croatian and Turkish ass?

:gone:

I'm sorry but I do think I deserve my petty moment, and some of these are hilarious now :rolll:

• You joking? Japan is 100% making it out of that weaker group at their home olympics.

Could they beat Serbia/Brazil? They lost to Korea convincingly in Rio, the World Cup and Asian Games, not to mention Korea always brings their best game to the Olympics. And with the Dominican Republic you never know..... they're kind of a crazy team.

I'm not saying they have no chance, but it would depend on their matches with Korea and Dominican Republic.

USA hasn't lost to Russia in years.

• I can only laugh when I see about "guarantees" and "definitelys" and such when it's only freaking January! USA went to two Olympics being the favorite and still didn't win. China finished 4th at their pool and are the reigning Olympic Champions. A week ago we were imagining a final like Turkey-Ned or Poland-Ned and it ended up being Turkey-Ger.Turkey went from favorite to nearly missing the Olympics to qualifying for it. Winning an Olympic medal can drive even underdogs to do unthinkable things...Much more when the "underdogs" are teams like Brazil,Russia or Turkey....

• Korea almost get a medal and Japan were third in 2012.

Italy (champion WC 2011) , Serbia ( European champions)

Peopple take too much thing as guaranted.

Unpredictable results happens.

• Could they beat Serbia/Brazil? They lost to Korea convincingly in Rio, the World Cup and Asian Games, not to mention Korea always brings their best game to the Olympics. And with the Dominican Republic you never know..... they're kind of a crazy team.

I'm not saying they have no chance, but it would depend on their matches with Korea and Dominican Republic.

yes,serbia,brasil,korea,dominica/japan

B:China ,Italy ,USA,RUS.turkey is good ,but they are not stable like those 4 teams.

• Can someone post official POOLs for Olympics. I opened new thread.

• Korea almost get a medal and Japan were third in 2012.

Italy (champion WC 2011) , Serbia ( European champions)

Peopple take too much thing as guaranted.

Unpredictable results happens.

Yes but Italy, Serbia in 2012 when you have in your mind condition and list of the players vs Serbia and Italy(1st and 2nd from WCH) so diferent teams.

• Could they beat Serbia/Brazil? They lost to Korea convincingly in Rio, the World Cup and Asian Games, not to mention Korea always brings their best game to the Olympics. And with the Dominican Republic you never know..... they're kind of a crazy team.

I mean, they defeated Serbia at WCh.

And I see no reason to believe they wouldn't beat DR at home.

• Can someone post official POOLs for Olympics. I opened new thread.

We don't know the official pools yet. Puerto Rico are a decent team and them beating DOM is not completely out of the question.