2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Damn, I don't know how I'm gonna make it for the Final. These Midnight / 4:30am combos are killing me. Honestly, though, this CHNb v TUR was the Gold medal match for me :heart:

Do I jam on coffee or try a 2 hour nap? I suck at napping so ... I think it's coffee time

• Ni feifan also did great but she is too similar to Wang Mengjie who is better.

I'm not familiar enough with them to make a call on who's better. Ni had a moment tonight where she followed the attacker to the net and it seemed like she was saying "Come on , get blocked, I'll save your ass. Get me the ball". :rolll:

Probably not what really she said, but it looked so good I fell in love :rose:

• Please review the roster of China B this year:

Montreux:
    S - Diao Lin-yu, Sun Yan

OP - Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yan-han

OH - Li Ying-ying, Duan Fang, Du Qing-qing, Ni Fei-fan (libero)

MB - Hu Ming-yuan, Yang Han-yu, Wang Yuan-yuan

L - Lin Li

Week 1 of VNL 2019:

S - Diao Lin-yu, Sun Yan

OP - Zheng Yi-xin, Zeng Chun-lei

OH - Liu Yan-han, Duan Fang, Du Qing-qing, Ni Fei-fan (libero)

MB - Hu Ming-yuan, Yang Han-yu, Wang Yuan-yuan

L - Lin Li

Final 6 of VNL 2019:

S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Du Qing-qing

OH - Liu Yan-han, Liu Xiao-tong, Duan Fang, Jin Ye

MB - Zheng Yi-xin, Hu Ming-yuan, Yang Han-yu, Wang Yuan-yuan

L - Lin Li, Ni Fei-fan

Which one is the strongest one?

I also add the rumor once again: Ni Fei-fan was an OP in the past and she even played as a substitute player for serve ( like Croce? ).

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Please review the roster of China B this year:

Geez. What a glut of good players. And Gao Yi isn't even there (or she's already considered A?).

Small disappointment for me this tourny was Yang Han-yu. She started really well and then disappeared. Same maybe with Du Qing-qing--she was never really 'strong' but looked promising (I know nobody else likes her)

The one MB who doesn't do it for me is Wang Yuan-yuan. Not sure why

• Geez. What a glut of good players. And Gao Yi isn't even there (or she's already considered A?).

Small disappointment for me this tourny was Yang Han-yu. She started really well and then disappeared. Same maybe with Du Qing-qing--she was never really 'strong' but looked promising (I know nobody else likes her)

The one MB who doesn't do it for me is Wang Yuan-yuan. Not sure why

Gao Yi will participate in U23 ACH on July 13 in Viet Nam. She is in the level of Team B/C. By the way, Zhang Yu, as one of the best blockers in Chinese League 18/19, has returned Chinese NT. She may participate in the senior ACH in August in South Korea.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• the problem is here, Turkish players are dependent on Gui's words. If you take Guidetti out, I feel like they won't even play like that. It's my personal opinion. I dont think Turkish players are individually better than Polish players. The coach job is great working for Turkey IMO. When the coach tactics failed and cindirella story came to an end.

now Turkish players are hugely underrated :sos: They maybe not a world star yet but surely better than polish team

• now Turkish players are hugely underrated :sos: They maybe not a world star yet but surely better than polish team

I'm going to agree with this, and but admit that "more fun"="better" for me. POL is just taller. We'll see who becomes more 'winnier' soon enough

• By the way, Zhang Yu, as one of the best blockers in Chinese League 18/19, has returned Chinese NT. She may participate in the senior ACH in August in South Korea.

I've heard about her. Saw her on the sidelines once but have never seen her play

• I rarely get to see Chinese players and their personality, but usually they look pretty serious and focused on court. She was really playful and not camera shy at all.. I've always liked her, even since her first appearance on Montreux. Hope she makes the A team

She has a very bubbly personality that she is nicknamed 'Da ge'(big brother) by her club teammates.

She has a great voice too. She always dressed up in a very sexy way at the annual All Star weekend of the Chinese Women's Volleyball league.

• She has a very bubbly personality that she is nicknaked 'Da ge'(big brother) by her club teammates.

She has a great voice too. She always dressed up in a very sexy way at the annual All Star weekend of the Chinese Women's Volleyball league.

Freudian slip? :rolll:

She's lovely in those pics. good gosh, thanks for sharing

• I feel like Poland could do better job than Turkey and China B team. They even could play 5 sets against USA if there was no referee mistake in that game.

There is no need to compare these two times in this way. Turkey was in the toughest group and was expected to be eliminated against China A and Italy A but they won against China B and Italy A, they played two matches in a row and they won. I don’t what was changed in that day and they played hopelessly in the Final 4.

Poland was expected to pull an upset but they couldn’t. They had their chances but couldn’t use it. That doesn’t mean they are worse or better then Turkey. We don’t know how they would have played if they were in Final 4. There is no need to compare these two teams in this way.

Regarding Turkey reached their peak during pool games, I don’t want to believe it, they were too many things that didn’t work and I don’t want to believe that level was their peak. I believe in them but with this kind of play, it won’t happen. They have to concentrate every single point, every single rally and they fail at it.

• No no no on that USA Team introduction

• It's obvious the Final Six roster is the strongest among the Chinese Team B.

And the Montreux one is the weakest.

Will love to watch the rematch of CHN vs TUR in OGQT this early Aug.

Zhang Yu, the cute MB. Heard this name several years ago, but never see her make it into the senior NT roster for the world event. Certainly will welcome seeing her playing in the Asian tournament!

Btw, be in the land of the Ottoman right now :-) the classic western route, from the former capital between the two continents, Canakkale, Kusadasi, Pamukkale, Konya, Nevsehir (Land of Balloons), capital city, and back to the former capital. The very 1st time visit, truly the Old Land and culture, and nice people :whistle: and Raki is great too, sweet and energizing :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Any livestream for Bra vs USA?