2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Iakovlev is such a revelation this year.. such high efficiency in attack and solid blocking plus a good serve

EDIT: And he got blocked I jinxed him lol

I agree, a pleasant surprise considering his irregular club season.

Golubev also improved a lot since the start of this VNL

• Volkov so far is disappointing.

Kurkaev missing a direct kill in set #2 was also fatal.

• Kobzar continues to pass bad balls to pos 4.

• Kobzar needs to set the middles more, Russa were prolific with the middles in Set 1

• Kobzar needs to set the middles more, Russa were prolific with the middles in Set 1

Kobzar should be shamed. He's an expericed setter. But young Komenda played more solid than him.

• If all else fails, Russian block saves the day. Russia-Poland 2-1

• The set #4 is a blowout.

Poletaev should be the MVP.

• Congrats to the young russians!

So sorry for the Poles, they had a good run. For me, Iakovlev was such a good surprise in this SF.

• Quite impressive how Russia’s game has evolved with this new head coach and new set of players in just a short time. Might not be a bad idea to test Mikhailov in the OH when Kliuka or especially Volkov struggles to put out some balls. Poletaev/ Zemchenok duo on the right seem very capable at the moment. And Musersky completing the 4th MB forms Russia’s dream team. A mix of young and established players without depending too much with the veterans. Very impressive with Kobzar and Golubev

• Quite impressive how Russia’s game has evolved with this new head coach and new set of players in just a short time. Might not be a bad idea to test Mikhailov in the OH when Kliuka or especially Volkov struggles to put out some balls. Poletaev/ Zemchemnok duo on the right seem very capable at the moment. And Musersky completing the 4th MB forms Russia’s dream team. A mix of young and established players without depending too much with the veterans. Very impressive with Kobzar and Gobulev

I would hold the conclusion after they play ECV and WC.

Remember Russia slayed other teams in VNL 2018, but they did not even make top 4 in WCH.

• Kobzar had questionable choices in Set 3 but in general he distributes the ball well and knows the types of balls his players want. Congrats Russia!

• I still think the USA is the team to beat.. let's see if Brazil gives a huge resistance in the next match

• Quite impressive how Russia’s game has evolved with this new head coach and new set of players in just a short time. Might not be a bad idea to test Mikhailov in the OH when Kliuka or especially Volkov struggles to put out some balls. Poletaev/ Zemchenok duo on the right seem very capable at the moment. And Musersky completing the 4th MB forms Russia’s dream team. A mix of young and established players without depending too much with the veterans. Very impressive with Kobzar and Golubev

I really like how the russians play. It is not as free like the brazilians but it is not as constricted like the americans.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Kobzar had questionable choices in Set 3 but in general he distributes the ball well and knows the types of balls his players want. Congrats Russia!

Kobzar will get his nerves tested later this year. Let's see

• I would hold the conclusion after they play ECV and WC.

Remember Russia slayed other teams in VNL 2018, but they did not even make top 4 in WCH.

Im not concluding anything and Im only saying that seeing the contrast of their play from last year and previous years to now is just mind blowing. I really didnt think they can elevate and evolve their play this fast. they evolved from being dependent with the pins and Musersky to bail them out to playing all around. If they win the OQT next month with Iran as the only real threat to them, i definitely see them resting the regulars for the ECV and WC.

• I would hold the conclusion after they play ECV and WC.

Russia most likely will have a different team with the "A' team playing EuroVolley, and maybe "B" team for WC as Euros literally end just days before WC starts.

• Holy cow!!!

USA just got blessed by Lanza's serve.:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney