Turkish NT 2019

• This game won't be good as I expected. I feel like China will want to crush Turkey into pieces to make a statement, because the players and Lang Ping does not have anything to do with this. They probably feel bad and even ashamed this happened.

;(

• And now someone, somewhere decided to discover this paper mistake 2 days before the qualification of most important volleyball tournament.

I hope Turkey can at least finish the group 2nd and have a second chance to play the euro qualifications. None of the OHs Turkey has looked stable except Meliha. Hande returned from injury badly, Seyma and Fatma are having big up and downs.

The thing is, the said paper/document is clearly in FIVB's hand, I don't think Chinese Volleyball Federation has access to it, so the person who discovered it is FIVB's staff. The timing is indeed suspicious, but were she not going to play this tournament, I don't think it would come out now. I feel sorry for Meliha, but she can only blame this on FIVB and Turkey federation for their incompetency.

• Mihajlovic was born in Bosnia and started to play volleyball in there. Never played for Serbia for under age catagories. Like Meliha. Same path. If there is a problem for Meliha, it should be for Mihajlovic as well.

(Boskovic is different story, she played for u-18/20 Serbia)

If Poland dig into some papers, they would find something lol. But not sure they have enough money for FIVB.

Don’t worry. There are people in this world who understand way to achieve a success ;)

• Mihajlovic was born in Bosnia and started to play volleyball in there. Never played for Serbia for under age catagories. Like Meliha. Same path. If there is a problem for Meliha, it should be for Mihajlovic as well.

(Boskovic is different story, she played for u-18/20 Serbia)

If Poland dig into some papers, they would find something lol. But not sure they have enough money for FIVB.

How would you know if Mihajlovic's papers weren't done correctly?

• How would you know if Mihajlovic's papers weren't done correctly?

Oh please :lol: how come Meliha's papers were done correctly in 2016 when she took part for Turkish beach volley in OG? :rolll: or like any other tournament too? Just not correctly for this IOQ.

If needed surely Mihajlovic's papers could have been done 'incorrectly' as well.

• I know who did it. It was crovolley

I remember one time he said "what Turkey would do without that Bosnian Girl". ...till then I had no idea Meliha was Bosnian.

We all know he does not like Turkey Volleyball.

He alerted FIVB about this issue.

(of course I'm joking 😀😘)

• Well it sucks for Meliha but it would suck even more if they let her play now and then they qualify, play and do well in Tokyo only for them to find out what they discovered now and get fuckin DQ'd and invalidate their Olympic run.

The focus now is to qualify without her its going to be a hell of a lot tougher but not totally out of reach for this squad. At the same time right whatever went wrong now and make sure everything is in order. TVF should be more diligent and proactive so things like this never happens again.

• This is ridiculous. I'm sorry for Meliha.

On the other hand, it's a bit hard for me to believe Chinese Volleyball Association would have something to do with this. First, they are rich but not smart people. Second, Chinese volleyball team never missed the Olympics since 1984 and even if we lose to Turkey we can (easily) qualify by beating Korea and Thailand. So, are they really THAT desperate to go THAT low? I doubt it.

Well, at least that's what i hope is the case.

• Oh please :lol: how come Meliha's papers were done correctly in 2016 when she took part for Turkish beach volley in OG? :rolll: or like any other tournament too? Just not correctly for this IOQ.

If needed surely Mihajlovic's papers could have been done 'incorrectly' as well.

So why wouldn't China dig that in Rio, before the final? Huh? I guess Olympic final is not as important as the qualification tournament or Turkey is stronger than Serbia:roll:

• Wow, a lot can happen overnight. This thread got too confusing for me to follow. Can someone just tell me who I should be mad at so I don't have to try and figure it all out. Thanks!

• Wow, a lot can happen overnight. This thread got too confusing for me to follow. Can someone just tell me who I should be mad at so I don't have to try and figure it all out. Thanks!

Turkish NT manager just let us know that Meliha cannot enter because of FIVB suddenly not accepting her papers after years and years of playing normally in WGP, VNL, WCh, OG Beach this makes 0 sense when Mihajlovic, Goncharova, Boskovic, Kosheleva and literally every single player almost in Azerbaijan to name a few never had problems and neither did Meliha untill today. Many think the Chinese fed/gov could have something to do with it and FIVB is known for just accepting wherever money comes from but we have not that much info still yet on it. We can play the blame game but what truly matters here is how sad this is for Meliha as she was so excited to play tomorrow and fought all her life for this moment :( I'll translate her interview and put it here in a bit.

Btw worthy to note that the reason these problems came up like this now is apparently because of a change of rules only in this specific tournament and China wanting to interfere with Turkey's team according to Polsat.

• a-milli-voleybol.jpg

Meliha Ismailoğlu: Nothing to lose, we are ready to hunt!

It was a long interview with EuroSport Turkey but Meliha on IOQ:

"I'm very pleased that my responsibility has increased. The more responsibility I take, the more motivated I am. For example, if the service is not served to me in matches, I get upset, I want it to be thrown at me. Sometimes I think I can solve it even if I start with poor service. The more services I receive, the better I become. Our coach Giovanni (Guidetti) is forcing me to do this and he wants me to take more responsibility. More, always more ... We've seen this work well so far. I hope so.

We're in a really tough group. But there so far the process went quite fair and there was still a fair distribution and we will have two chances to go to the Olympics. We want to take our chances in the first round. Of course, China is a very strong opponent, but we need to win the first two games. The Chinese game will be like a final game. We have nothing to lose. If we win, we will win something great, but if we lose, we know that we will lose to the last Olympic champion and we will have another chance. We are going to China with high motivation, nothing to lose and no fear, we will attack and hunt our opponent down! We can do this, together!"

Poor child :(

• Meliha deserves the best, what a nice and sweet girl.. Now I have an obligation to root for Turkey, i am really fan of China's style but this a no brainer right now, everybody loves an underdog, go Turkey

• Turkish NT manager just let us know that Meliha cannot enter because of FIVB suddenly not accepting her papers after years and years of playing normally in WGP, VNL, WCh, OG Beach this makes 0 sense when Mihajlovic, Goncharova, Boskovic, Kosheleva and literally every single player almost in Azerbaijan to name a few never had problems and neither did Meliha untill today. Many think the Chinese fed/gov could have something to do with it and FIVB is known for just accepting wherever money comes from but we have not that much info still yet on it. We can play the blame game but what truly matters here is how sad this is for Meliha as she was so excited to play tomorrow and fought all her life for this moment :( I'll translate her interview and put it here in a bit.

Btw worthy to note that the reason these problems came up like this now is apparently because of a change of rules only in this specific tournament and China wanting to interfere with Turkey's team according to Polsat.

Goncharova and Kosheleva are a different case. For the former, she played in junior Ukraine NT but she was born in USSR while Kosheleva was raised in Belarus from Russian parents so technically both can pass as "Russians". Meliha is from Bosnia now playing in Turkey this is a different case but I agree what happened to her is just sad..

• Goncharova and Kosheleva are a different case. For the former, she played in junior Ukraine NT but she was born in USSR while Kosheleva was raised in Belarus from Russian parents so technically both can pass as "Russians". Meliha is from Bosnia now playing in Turkey this is a different case but I agree what happened to her is just sad..

Meliha has roots from Turkey as well btw. She was already Bosnian-Turkish in Bosnia. Both her name and surname are Turkish and she also said this. USSR=not equal to Russia and doesnt even exist anymore last time I checked so I don't see the point being made here. Btw being raised by certain parents in another country is emotional connection, how is that involving the law?

The cases seem pretty similar to me.