2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I’m happy We finally got the real Robinson and in the most important time She is still shaky at reception and that little bit stranger for her… but overall much better impression.

MBs and Poulter are not working they didn’t help at all… Poulter is making ti may bad sets, Drews got a lot of low sets.

• Sorry to both USA and Serbians fans but I have feeling that tomorrow is the real finals.

Today we didn’t watch high level, this match was all about inidvidual quality of some players.

Team as Italy with such well organised block defences can stop both Robinson/Boskovic, not 100% especially Boskovic, but ENOUGH for the win… As we saw that ECH21.
    And I think Brazil is the same. Minus Egonu and De Gennaro but plus Gabi and Carol.

• Sorry to both USA and Serbians fans but I have feeling that tomorrow is the real finals.

Today we didn’t watch high level, this match was all about inidvidual quality of some players.

Team as Italy with such well organised block defences can stop both Robinson/Boskovic, not 100% especially Boskovic, but ENOUGH for the win… As we saw that ECH21.
    And I think Brazil is the same. Minus Egonu and De Gennaro but plus Gabi and Carol.

I wanna see Boskovic stopped on Saturday :lol::lol: are you even watching those matches??

Italy is so well organised that they have to set 60 balls to Egonu to win :whistle:

so you pointed to the one time Italy has managed to beat serbia in like the Past million matches as your evidence that it’ll be an easy win for them again ?

Italy scored just 13 points in a set (and no, not the fifth set lol) against probably the weakest team that made it to the knockouts

Italy's result is heavily rely on Egonu tho, more than what Boskovic mean to Serbia. There is no shame admitting that.

And USA won the Olympic gold medal by playing like a team, not "all about individual quality of some players". Yet you said they won because of poor preparation of other teams. Sounds very contradictory.

• I wanna see Boskovic stopped on Saturday :lol::lol: are you even watching those matches??

Italy is so well organised that they have to set 60 balls to Egonu to win :whistle:

Stop Boskovic enough that is 50% in attack.

Yup great organisation in block-defence to give the most of the sets to Egonu. This is how Italy plays and that is why they won the last VNL and ECH.

• hope USA can have new powerful players,hope China can change the most of their team to bring more new faces .hope Brasil new players can improve their abilities.hope Japan can keep their level/we need those 4 teams to stop eourpean teams to get gold in Paris8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o

• Hell yeah!!!!! Honestly, I don't care at this point about the level of play, as long as we are winning. Just because both teams played realatively poorly does not mean Serbia will play poorly in the final. Look at how Busa sucked against Poland, and how better she played today... every match is a story for itself.

That said:

Hopefully Lozo will be ready for final, we need her to beat Brazil/Italy.

We really, really do.

• I’m happy We finally got the real Robinson and in the most important time She is still shaky at reception and that little bit stranger for her… but overall much better impression.

MBs and Poulter are not working they didn’t help at all… Poulter is making ti may bad sets, Drews got a lot of low sets.

She was the best receiver of the game, by far! :what:

• She was the best receiver of the game, by far! :what:

For her standards. Usually She is perfect when it comes to passing as Gabi but today She had bad moments.

But overall today her game was really good ! All around we can say.

• avid, Volleygirl17, Colinaddicted and others, my commiserations. It sucks when you have to let go of a golden generation.:kiss:

Bogdan  volleySrb  Madden54, I think this calls for celebration!!:drink::super::win:

Hopefully the girls will give us an even bigger reason to celebrate on saturday...:whistling:;)

• For her standards. Usually She is perfect when it comes to passing as Gabi but today She had bad moments.

But overall today her game was really good ! All around we can say.

I think it is okay to have bad moments when you meet the best server of the world (Boskovic). And Serbia is overall a great team from service line.

But I get your point. :win:

• I think it is okay to have bad moments when you meet the best server of the world (Boskovic). And Serbia is overall a great team from service line.

But I get your point. :win:

oh Tijana is not the best server in the world. No way

• Congrats Serbia! I've been supporting the USA ever since I started following the sport, though Karch made it reaaaally difficult for me during this entire summer. Still, of course, I was cheering for them today. And I'm sad that they missed the opportunity to take it to five, especially for Kelsey (who, I was soooo sure, would serve into the net/out during those last points, and she impressed me lots when she didn't) who came alive during the 3rd set and showed more fight and passion than I've seen from her this entire tournament. But Serbia was hands down the better team and they definitely deserved their place in the final.

Considering injuries,the lack of terminal hitters, etc, it would take a miracle for this US team, lacking the experience and the ball control that the veterans brought to the game, to achieve 1/2nd place (or perhaps even reach the semis, had they played any other team yesterday). I was even sure that they were gonna get swept, and I'm really happy that they didn't and they fought in the last two sets. But why, oh why, didn't Karch learn anything from the VNL QF match, or even the Thailand match? No one knows for sure if Carlini, SWP, Plummer or even Larson and MBH would have changed the result today, but the point is, we will never know, because he never tried them.

Did Ze know for sure that him subbing in Roberta/Lorenne/Rosamaria yesterday would pay off?Definitely not, but at least he tried something different, he didn't just stick to his originals and say Yep, those are my starters, if they can't do it, no one can. What's the point of bringing 14 players if you're gonna use only a very ill-timed double sub and a serving sub that never actually ended up being successfull?Or,even worse, wait until a struggling player is injured to replace them?

Did this starting lineup of the USA deserve to go to the final? No, I can't say that they did. But could a potentially different lineup (within the same 14 player roster) have made it? Karch never gave them a chance.

Anyways, I hope that they manage to regroup and bring their best game (with whatever lineup) to the bronze medal match. And I also really hope that Brazil wins tomorrow against Italy, cause a)It'd be boring to see a repeat of the 2018 final, b)I want Gabi, Carol and co to grab that gold and c)I need my two favorite teams on different finals on Saturday lol