USA NT 2019

• Lets opet this subject again.

I think this is 3rd year after so many people said that USA needs to find new OPP and that Destinee Hooker is not material for NT anymore etc. They need let her go, all of us need to let her go and She is still playing at high level in Brasil, having one of the best performance in so many years. Keep growing even though She is not young anymore but this girl is not stoping...

Do you guys still thinks that Destinee Hooker doesn’t deserve her spot in NT and Lowe and Murphy does ??

And don’t play at age card, because She is doing much better than a lot of younger girls + in NT needs to play the best player that you have in THE MOMEMNT, not matter what.

• She has potential, and She deserves to perform over two lefties but for ME She is not yet at Destinee level at all.

• I hope Brittany Abercrombie will get a chance to play at least the Pan-American Cup.

• I heard in a podcast an interview done to coach Kiraly - after the WCH -in which he’s asked about USA’s immediate future Opp. options. Per to him , Murphy and Lowe will continue working for at least the next two years , and mentioned Plummer as some one with real potential to join the NT. However, he made clear the point that not everyone can switch that easily from College level to the international level that easy and quick , as Lowe did.

• What have you done Karch ?

You have one of the longest rosters, the biggest talents. OHs that other NT can dream and they need to play libero or sit on the bench... And only thing that you have done is gold in WCH.

Mark my word he will flop in Tokyo as He did at last WCH... and He can be happy that He had one of the greatest setters in the World in that time.

• I heard in a podcast an interview done to coach Kiraly - after the WCH -in which he’s asked about USA’s immediate future Opp. options. Per to him , Murphy and Lowe will continue working for at least the next two years , and mentioned Plummer as some one with real potential to join the NT. However, he made clear the point that not everyone can switch that easily from College level to the international level that easy and quick , as Lowe did.

I kind of see his point, though it wouldn't hurt to at least give some college athletes some trials in the international arena (VNL). Not all veterans should be needed every week of the tournament. Yes they might have won gold last year, but some teams didn't see it as important, rather a use of training. Lowe's late decision to return to the NT didn't help last year, but she's here now.

• Danielle Cuttino is the best american Opposite for now.

I like the rate of her improvement.

Back in Purdue University, she played middle in the first 2 years and later played OH/middle minus the backrow (as libero serve for her). This season is her first time to actually play opp position full time and play back row as well as serve the ball.

When Rahimova left she was able to rise on the occasion. Getting more experience in NT and next season will further develop her. She has the potential to become a top 5 or even top 3 opp in the world if she continuously grow.

• I don't think Plummer is going to play at the NT anytime soon. She is not invited the the spring training this March. She is very likely to finish her degree at Stanford before she gain any international experience. That being said, we are more likely to see her on the NT next summer. Even so she probably won't make it to Tokyo.

• BTW, yesterday USAV announced 17 players who are invited to the spring training. The roaster is here:

Name (Position, College, Height, College Eligibility Remaining, Hometown)

Reyn “Tita” Akiu (L, University of Hawaii, 5-3, 0, Honolulu, Hawaii)

Taylor Bannister (OPP, LSU, 6-5, 2, Missouri City, Texas)

Leah Edmond (OH, University of Kentucky, 6-2, 2, Lexington, Kentucky)

Mikaela Foecke (OH, University of Nebraska, 6-3, 0, West Point, Iowa)

Sydney Hilley (S, University of Wisconsin, 6-0, 2, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota)

Rachael Kramer (M, University of Florida, 6-8, 1, Phoenix, Arizona)

Madison Lilley (S, University of Kentucky, 5-11, 3, Overland Park, Kansas)

Avie Niece (M, University of Washington, 6-0, 1, Bellevue, Washington)

Oluoma Okaro (OPP, Arizona State University, 6-1, 0, Lakewood, California)

Yossiana Pressley (OH, Baylor University, 6-0, 2, Cypress, Texas)

Jacqueline Quade (OH, University of Illinois, 6-2, 1, Fort Wayne, Indiana)

Dana Rettke (M, University of Wisconsin, 6-8, 2, Riverside, Illinois)

Kadie Rolfzen (OH, WNT/University of Nebraska, 6-4, 0, Papillion, Nebraska)

Samantha Seliger-Swenson (S, University of Minnesota, 5-11, 0, Minnetonka, Minnesota)

Jordan Thompson (OPP, University of Cincinnati, 6-4, 1, Edina, Minnesota)

Tionna Williams (M, University of Wisconsin, 6-2, 0, Fort Wayne, Indiana)

Justine Wong-Orantes (L, WNT/University of Nebraska, 5-6, 0, Cypress, California)

• These 17-player roaster includes most NCAA stars (probably only Plummer and Samedy are missing). Some of them have at least one year college eligibility left.

But for players like Foecke and Seliger-Swenson, if they prove themselves during the training and the ensuing Pan Am Cups and Pan Am Games, I won't say it's impossible for them to earn a spot on the A-team.

• Some of the new players I would like to see this summer on the NT (players with college eligibility are not considered):

OH: Foecke, Mitchem

OPP: Cuttino, Atkinston, Abercrombie

MB: Alhassan

S: Seliger-Swenson

L: Lake, Akiu

These are the players that I think are good (or at least potential) but have never been selected to senior USA team for any major international competitions.

Besides that, I would like to see the following players being given more opportunities playing at VNL:

OH: Robinson, Lee, Foecke (Robinson as an outside, not a libero)

MB: Ogbogu, Washington

S: Hancock, Carlini, Poulter

OPP: Lowe, Cuttino

L: whoever is good...

• I would add Rettke. She's so dominant over the net. She can make it to the Panamerican Cup team too.

Yeah, I also think Rettke is like a star of the future. She is likely to make the Pan Am teams. But since she is only a sophomore at college, she will not be at the World Cup for sure. I was referring to those who have already graduated from college.

• Time to see how these college grads adjust to the international level. It won't be easy, but the first steps begin in these smaller competitions. As a Hawai'i native I hope to see Akiu get a chance.

I agree, Rettke has huge potential! Hope she stays healthy. Also, do you know what Ajanaku is up to nowadays?