USA NT 2019

• so Drews still coming? It is like mini US NT there with KRob and the new 3.

I don’t think so. I wonder if Drews was contacted at all and what happened. Wouldn’t be surprised if her team didn’t agree to let her go. I liked Thomson this summer a lot, hope she can contribute to the game in a lot of aspect and be a great team player and prove herself. Good luck to her ❤️

• I liked Thompson this summer, but I don't get why can't you see that she is an OPP who likes fast sets, and is not similar to Vargas. Hooker was too a great jumper, really powerful hitter, but was always struggling when the sets were too high and slow. I'm sure she'll be a reinforcement for Fener, but she's a different type of player than Vargas

• I don't think they signed Thompson because they think that they're similar.. They brought her in because she has a tremendous potential and knows how to receive, kind of.. Plus they have Naz, Naz can set to anybody, high or fast, just say how you want and she will give to you...

• I don't think they signed Thompson because they think that they're similar.. They brought her in because she has a tremendous potential and knows how to receive, kind of.. Plus they have Naz, Naz can set to anybody, high or fast, just say how you want and she will give to you...

I don't think Fener signed her expecting to be the same as Vargas. My comment was directed to users comparing her to Vargas

agree. It is not like they had lots of options, it is during the season, they have to find someone who can play CL, she has potential and all around based on what we have seen during last summer.

only bad thing is, they’ll have too little time before the second part of the season and CL start so I hope the best. I really want them to win some trophies this season.

• Off-topic but how is Thompson doing so far compared to Kathryn Plummer? Will KP have her eyes on Paris 2024 or she is more suitable on sand? Which direction do you guys think she should take if she wants to stay playing indoor? Should she stay as an OH or switch to Opp?

JT took her spot as opposite. Plummer doesn't have a chance for opposite. It will be JT and Drews/Karsta.

When you have Larson-Kelsey-Hill-Bartch squad, you better to bring all of them. Unless there is no injury, Plummer doesn't have a chance as OH too.

And the most important thing is the difference between college and international volleyball. So many NCAA superstars don't have as good as post-college career. I guess Plummer will be one of them. She didn't get reps as Opp and not able to pass at elite level. Last summer, even in pan american games, she didn't impressed. She is better to try for Paris'24 in sand. She might be the new-Kerri Walsh(without indoor Olympic experience)

• Seems that the fight for those Olympic middle spots is going to be hard!

I agree. Hars to ignore foluke but dixon foluke and ogbuho will have advamtage.. same with brazil. Thaisa, fabiana, adenizia, carol, bia and mayany!!

Fight iverr serbia's middle starting spot all over media.

Whereas italy their captain shouldnt be in the list. Lol

China has two middles and thats it. The other is a serving sub

Dutch belien and de kruij

I