Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I used to think badly of Eczacibaci because of what happened to Thaisa, and I thought it was really odd that Natalia accepted going there after all, Thaisa would talk to her about the mistreats and whatnots but I just read this interview and she says that it wasn't Eczacibaci's staff fault, instead she blames the coach - who was the coach that time? Barbolini? Does anyone recall what happened that season?

• Yes it was Barbolini. I seem to remember she had a slight injury on one leg but he kept using her anyway until she had that horrible injury to the ankle of the other leg in a CL match against Fenerbahçe.

• I am not at all surprised about that. Can you guys believe that Barbolini was so godawful on every level that I was overjoyed when he got replaced by Motta...

:wall::wall:

• I am not at all surprised about that. Can you guys believe that Barbolini was so godawful on every level that I was overjoyed when he got replaced by Motta...

:wall::wall:

Barbolini has always been great with italian teams. I don't understand what went wrong when in coached abroad.

• I don't know, maybe he didn't felt comfortable away from home, and that impacted negatively on his job...whatever the cause, you could see him squandering arguably the strongest (on paper) squad Eczacibasi has had in the last decade or so. To be fair, that squad, no matter how strong on paper, had some serious problems in the way it was constructed (due to poor reception and to the foreigners rule), but he was still visibly incompetent.

• I don't know, maybe he didn't felt comfortable away from home, and that impacted negatively on his job...whatever the cause, you could see him squandering arguably the strongest (on paper) squad Eczacibasi has had in the last decade or so. To be fair, that squad, no matter how strong on paper, had some serious problems in the way it was constructed (due to poor reception and to the foreigners rule), but he was still visibly incompetent.

He's not a good selector. His best season were the ones when he had 6+1 players and no bench at all. I agree on that. Se could are with NT how bad he Is on that aspect.

• I used to think badly of Eczacibaci because of what happened to Thaisa, and I thought it was really odd that Natalia accepted going there after all, Thaisa would talk to her about the mistreats and whatnots but I just read this interview and she says that it wasn't Eczacibaci's staff fault, instead she blames the coach - who was the coach that time? Barbolini? Does anyone recall what happened that season?

I used Google translator and there were some parts I couldn’t understand but it is a very good interview, not full of “how did you start playing, what did your family think etc etc”. Thank you for sharing.

• It's official. No champion or relegation. The Sultans league will be played with 16 teams. These teams are:

Vakifbank-İstanbul

Eczacıbasi-İstanbul

Fenerbahce Opet-İstanbul

Galatasaray-İstanbul

THY-İstanbul

Yeşilyurt-İstanbul

Aydın BBSK-Aydın

Nilüfer-Bursa

PTT-Ankara

Karayollari-Ankara

Beşiktaş-Istanbul

Beylikduzu-Istanbul

Kuzeyboru-Aksaray

Ilbank-Ankara

Sarıyer-İstanbul

Kale 1957-Çanakkale

• As everyone said, totally unnecessary on almost every level imaginable. More teams exactly when there are economic difficulties to be expected, plus not increasing the number of foreigners plus not all that great a pool of quality local players only means there will be even more "empty walks", ie. absolutely meaningless matches where it will be a tedious process for everyone involved to get through it (including fans), and even more exhausting key players through ever-increased schedule (both club and NT).

• It is very likely that Besiktas and Beylikduzu withdraws from Sultanlar ligi. They looked like they won't be able to finish the league last season. Unless they find strong sponsors, I am sure they will refuse to participate considering the expenses.

About Barbolini, girls who worked in Turkey with him repeatedly said how much they love him and how kind he is etc. In a recent interview, Neriman mentioned something interesting, she said "Italian trainers are great but they work well when you bring the whole staff together. If you bring an Italian coach and fill in rest of the staff with random local names, they won't be as succesful". She even gave Guidetti as an example and his assistants like it used to be Ferhat, then Jamie, then a Brazilian guy etc.

• It makes no point, because they act like 2019-20 Sultanlar Ligi never existed, but then Voleybol 1.Ligi teams in the play-off final round are promoted, just because they were about to play the final round. Somehow Voleybol 1.Ligi existed, Sultanlar Ligi didn't exist this way.

• But what do you expect to TVF to do? They can't just promote 2 teams or relegate 2 team when they didn't play playoffs or playouts. They try to do what is fair for all the teams.

I agree with you tho this decision will cause some problems.

• When they frozen Sultanlar Ligi, they had to froze all the other levels of the turkish championship.

At this poinst, Vakif should ask for the turkish league title. They were first, they should be champions.

They did one thing for the first division and the complete opposite for the second one. :lol: