2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• I feel like Maja Ognjenovic tries a bit too much to be the star of current Vakifbank team. She has a lot of thrilling sets during matches and there's no doubt she's the best but I don't like her game plan(or Gio's).

Also Zehra and Yasemin turning WCWC to 2017 U20 tournament:rolll: Hope they can keep up with this level.

This

She had amazing sets, but She is trying to Hard for this kind of team.

Gui put her out after She forced Rasic and She got blocked.

• Gui is atually not so smart about doing subs, so don't read too much into this, he probably just panic :P

• I don`t know what Maja could have done when neither Gabi and Meliha could get a kill. She had no option to set Haak or force with the middles.

I think in the first set the game was tied at 19-19 and then Giu called the double sub. Him and Motta have been trying really hard with this double sub thing and it is not working.

But I`m super happy with Cansu.....

Gabi was being aggressive and going for the big kills, but that is not who she is, she knows how to adapt and play smarter. I wonder if Gui wants her to play like that, or if she is just trying to prove herself. Like when she spiked into the net in the first set....

Unfortunately the top teams in Turkey are not getting challenged by the lower level teams. You can only improve when you have your weakness exposed. While in Italy every team gets challenged every week.

But Let`s not forget Novara just lost for the Germans and Conegliano needed Egonu to go full best mode in order to beat (team from Hungary)...now imagine if that had been Vakifbank?? 8|

• It is amazing how Courtney is improving to an all-around OH:white:seems like putting an oh in Libero position also helps their attack🤣 let Meliha olay as libero for a year with karch:lol:

Have you checked her hitting % in Italy? It is mostly around 30%. If Meliha hits that low, she goes to the bench right away.

Last season her hitting % was really low too.....One game she went 0/12.

But she is American, so it does not matter what she does, because she will always find a top club and be a starter no matter what. Any player would improve if they can get to be a starter and never get benched.

Not to mention, her and Hancock played together in college for like 2-4 years? plus a pro season together in Poland.

I mean just look at Lloyd and Gibby. The only reason Motta has not benched them yet is because he`s afraid since they are American. If they were from any other country do you really think he would not have benched her yet?

• Zehra plays overall much better with Cansu. But has she ever played with any other setter? Besides Cansu and Naz?

Of course she has not had enough time with Maja yet, but she will eventually need to learn how to play with other setters on the court too....She can`t be dependable on Cansu, otherwise that will be a problem, unless she plays her whole life with Cansu.

• Dude what kind of imaginary world are you living in?:what: why would someone get starting position just because she is from USA?:aww:

And didn't you say -like million times- you blocked me and you will never see my messages again?:roll:

• Praia has a good roster. Maube they could have hired a better setter or libero, but seems not too easy at the brazilian market.

suelen is pretty good, no?

i haven't watched any matches, only the highlights on YT.

anyone that followed BRA league last 2 years could have told them, hooker is nowhere near 2012 form, and not even close to the top OPP in that league...

when did brayelin start jump serving? that's a new development...

also, i watched some highlights the other day, and brayelin was tipping a lot, she didn't get good sets, it seemed.

• I noticed the crowded has been supporting Vakifbank. Last night they were really behind them.

And I saw a lot of Chinese fans wearing Vakifbank gear.

Last year people were saying it was unfair how the fans supported Vakifbank and only because they had Zhu.

But now the fans are still supporting Vakifbank and they dont have Zhu anymore. #truefans.

• why did brako stop playing for SRB NT?

She would just be a backup with Boskovic being the starter.

She is a married and has a son. So spending the summer away from her family to be just a backup did not sound good for her I guess.

Her husband is Italian and Brakocevic became a Italian citizen. She's Italian now.

• What is this rubbish? :lol: For a defensive OH, hitting around 30% is not so bad. And have u seen Meliha play? She is even struggling in reception which is her main role apart from hitting. And that 0% is definitely overreaching.

• So when Kim Hill hits over 50% you know that is a huge win for Imoco. The list of American OH2's is pretty impressive. Larson, Hill, Krob, and now Courtney. If only they could produce a superstar OP. Maybe Jordan Thompson is the next Destinee. Might be a little too late for Tokyo though.

• No Egonu,Sylla or Folie today in for Imoco. Instead,Sorokaite,Geerties and FINALLY Chiaka!Let's hope the wake up at 4am is worth it...

So far some nice blocks and attack hits!

• Sad to see my team in this situation. Changing Natalia and Gabi for Deja (2nd division player) and Acosta. I don’t even know what to say about it. And having Nicola Negro as a coach is just to complete the whole mess. Poor Thaísa, Macris, Gattaz... Despite of that, I still like the spirit of Minas, I think is a much more fighter team than Praia, for example, that has a better team overall, but just look like they don’t want to play.