2020 / 2021 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• Beylikdüzü is not a team to me currently so i don't consider that a match... They are only playing for the sake of not having to pay more fines :gone:

VB training>>that

Beri, I think you are overreacting with this one. I don’t agree with having a coach for both NT and club but I don’t agree with you on he is not giving her court time intentionally. He always say who works harder and deserves will get the spot both for NT and his club. Vakifbank is a team that has high goals and Ebrar’s performance is enough consistence to earn that right yet. He made a mistake by trying to turn her into OH but she didn’t impress me except WCCH.

There is an interview with Gizem Orge and she is asked “who is the most lazy player in your team?” and she says “Ebrar, 100%. She is a monster if you practice attack but in every other practice she is as lazy as one can get.”

I agree if you say she should have been loaned to a team where she gets her starting spot but Guidetti doesn’t give anyone starting spot as we have seen before. He put Ebrar when Lonneke performed poorly and he is the same guy who thought Ebrar-Meliha duo was not doing well and had MCH. He did what he think best for his club team, not for NT.

• Well as someone whose played many team sports personally it's not normal to me for a newcomer to immediately take over the starting spot of another player. Idc if people say I'm overreacting, Bartsch seemed to get the starting spot super quickly, a Turkish player could never lol.

Also Ebrar didn't really have a bad season so far at all, in WCCh she was pretty good even vs a Conegliano! She was listed as best OH of the league for the longest time, now you can say you don't like the calculations for best OH but I think no one can also say it means NOTHING to be the nr1 OH in any system.

Btw I'm not saying anything on Bartsch or that she is not deserving of starting at all. She is doing pretty good since she arrived in Turkey. This is not an attack on her or her game.

• I'm just saying, no claims 100%. But I wouldn't be surprised if Guidetti is homophobic or at least slightly judgemental. Again nothing 100%, just a theory some other players that are involved in same-sex relations like Buijs or Sheilla were also not great in his presence. Clearly not saying this as fact once again, but just saying that I wouldn't be surprised.

• actually Ebrar is still listed as best OH of the league only player beating her is Ece Hocaoglu and the only reason for that is that she is listed after 1 match.

On top of that Ebrar is the best server of the league with the most aces :gone: never in a 1000 years would a foreigner player with those statistics be a bench player sorry this is a fact in my eyes.

• I mean if team as Novara is wanted to signed her as starting player than I don't wtf are Turkish teams are thinking...

Meliha-Hande-Ebrar all bench players, signing 3 great foreign players next to them and you have hell good team.

I don't get it...

• actually Ebrar is still listed as best OH of the league only player beating her is Ece Hocaoglu and the only reason for that is that she is listed after 1 match.

On top of that Ebrar is the best server of the league with the most aces :gone: never in a 1000 years would a foreigner player with those statistics be a bench player sorry this is a fact in my eyes.

You are right,she should be a starter.However I don't think it has anything to do at all with her being a lesbian.It's just a foreign player playing the more important matches,because she has more experience and needs to find her rhythm with the team,not because of Ebrar's sexuality or performance,otherwise Gio would not give her any court time at all.Of course foreign players have a longer leash compared to the domestic ones when it comes to their places on court but that's pretty much in every club.

• I'm just saying, no claims 100%. But I wouldn't be surprised if Guidetti is homophobic or at least slightly judgemental. Again nothing 100%, just a theory some other players that are involved in same-sex relations like Buijs or Sheilla were also not great in his presence. Clearly not saying this as fact once again, but just saying that I wouldn't be surprised.

I think that you went a little too far with your speculations. Guidetti is a great coach and he defenitely wants the best for his teams and players. To be honest I couldnt imagine Vakif winning CL with Ebrar, but now with Bartsch, they can surprise Conegliano. But thats only my opinion.
    Turkish young prospect players should think more about playing time instead of money and medals When they choose clubs.

• http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…arakurt-resta-in-turchia/

Seems that Karakurt will stay in Turkey, in the THY Istanbul next season

Oh no! :wall:

I'm not happy with the news about her joining Thy tbh. I mean, I don't know what playing for Thy can contribute to her. In my opinion, leaving the Turkish league and playing with different players abroad would give her a different vision and be more beneficial for her. It would be so good to see her playing in big tournaments such as Cl and Cwch all the time, as I think she has enough potential to challenge world-class players. But it seems like I have no choice but to wish Thy to make a good team next year. :aww:

• I think Ebrar is too young to play for a big club overseas. Living abroad is a whole different challenge: another language, food, culture, living without family/friends, etc. It is not easy to adapt, and many players (even the experienced ones) struggle with that. There's also too much pressure on foreign players because it's always expected that they'll perform better than the local ones.

I think for the next two years, playing in Turkey is by far the best option for Ebrar. She needs to play full time and to perform well - and achieving this is way easier in a familiar environment.

Aside from that, I want to reinforce a point I've made before in this forum. Ebrar is a great PROSPECT, who's on track to succeed. I really this she has what it takes to be a superstar, but we have to stop treating her as something she's not YET. She still has too many ups and downs - even in matches when she's doing a great job. Let's be more patient with her.

• After a successful run last club season, Beylikduzu just went down the drain :/

I can explain this, if you're interested and to others here as well, we spoke about it briefly with Turkish users. The mayor of the Beylikduzu district of Istanbul was Ekrem Imamoglu from the CHP (secular and progressive party) the biggest opposition to Erdogan's party. He really liked to support women's volleyball and funded a lot for BEVI. Ppl in Beylikduzu really liked his work overall and last year he tried to become the mayor of all of Istanbul, which is a hard task against erdo's party but he won. Now he has less time to focus on Beylikduzu alone since Istanbul with its almost 16 million people is like a country itself. And the new mayor of the district decided he wants his funds to go elsewhere especially with the current crisis in Turkey and is a bit less passionate of volleyball it seems, also Erdo put Istanbul in a lot of debt so they have to deal with that now. Most clubs that can spend big are now from some other Volleyball loving mayors, like the lady from Aydin and Nilufer in Bursa always or more often big companies like Turkish Airlines, PTT, Eczacibasi, VakifBank etc.

• I think Ebrar is too young to play for a big club overseas. Living abroad is a whole different challenge: another language, food, culture, living without family/friends, etc. It is not easy to adapt, and many players (even the experienced ones) struggle with that. There's also too much pressure on foreign players because it's always expected that they'll perform better than the local ones.

I think for the next two years, playing in Turkey is by far the best option for Ebrar. She needs to play full time and to perform well - and achieving this is way easier in a familiar environment.

Aside from that, I want to reinforce a point I've made before in this forum. Ebrar is a great PROSPECT, who's on track to succeed. I really this she has what it takes to be a superstar, but we have to stop treating her as something she's not YET. She still has too many ups and downs - even in matches when she's doing a great job. Let's be more patient with her.

Well Haak, Boskoviç, Vargas etc has started playing abroad at the same age with her (pretty much all top Serbian players indeed) and they have improved a lot. It is true that playing as foreigner adds extra stress and pressure but it also develops a player

• Well Haak, Boskoviç, Vargas etc has started playing abroad at the same age with her (pretty much all top Serbian players indeed) and they have improved a lot. It is true that playing as foreigner adds extra stress and pressure but it also develops a player

I got your point. But it's not about age. The players you've mentioned were starters in their clubs/NT before transferring to a competitive club. Boskovic was starter in Vizura and in the NT before transferring to Eczacibasi. Haak, before transferring to a major league like the Italian, played in her country and in France. Ebrar, on the other hand, have never firmed herself as starter in a club or in the NT. Vargas was playing as a starter in the Cuban NT since she was 13 years old. Before Fenerbahçe, she played for Prostejov.

My point is that some people here kinda classify Ebrar based on her potential. She has a potential to be a world-class player, but she has never done anything yet to prove she's ready for big clubs playing European championships , etc. She can succeed playing overseas because she's really talented, but the risks to compromise her career are also high.

• how much is good for players to raise up in powerhouses from strong league like Turkish league as,equal is hard for them because they have a lot of pressure and they must handle it if they want to confirm her potential, also it is hard for them because when they have a chance and screw up they usualy are being benched and that is so har mentaly to handle it, selfconfidence is in downhill and it is hard to restore it.

And Ebrar had to get a chance to play as starter in this season, that would be clearly situation about her in many respects.

• I got your point. But it's not about age. The players you've mentioned were starters in their clubs/NT before transferring to a competitive club. Boskovic was starter in Vizura and in the NT before transferring to Eczacibasi. Haak, before transferring to a major league like the Italian, played in her country and in France. Ebrar, on the other hand, have never firmed herself as starter in a club or in the NT. Vargas was playing as a starter in the Cuban NT since she was 13 years old. Before Fenerbahçe, she played for Prostejov.

My point is that some people here kinda classify Ebrar based on her potential. She has a potential to be a world-class player, but she has never done anything yet to prove she's ready for big clubs playing European championships , etc. She can succeed playing overseas because she's really talented, but the risks to compromise her career are also high.

I disagree in World Club Championships 2018, which they ended up being champions in btw. Also clearly top clubs as Novara, Scandicci and according to those rumours even Conegliano disagree with you as top clubs.

While I agree that she is not on her peak yet, I fully don't agree that she has done nothing to prove her level worthy as a top club player. THY could become a top team too btw after this season.

• To make a powerhouse around Ebrar its a good idea for THY.

• when you have a local top opp or oh ... things seems much more easier.

• I got your point. But it's not about age. The players you've mentioned were starters in their clubs/NT before transferring to a competitive club. Boskovic was starter in Vizura and in the NT before transferring to Eczacibasi. Haak, before transferring to a major league like the Italian, played in her country and in France. Ebrar, on the other hand, have never firmed herself as starter in a club or in the NT. Vargas was playing as a starter in the Cuban NT since she was 13 years old. Before Fenerbahçe, she played for Prostejov.

I agree that she didn't prove herself yet (although her VNL performance was pretty good), we still need to see how she will perform this summer and if she will be starter over Meryem or not during VNL and OG. This summer could be Ebrar's time to really prove herself to show if she is already a top Opp or still a promising youngster.

• Danesi and C.Bosetti are rumored to signed with Igor Novara next season. This would be perfect for them

With Christina already in the roster, they had complete roster with domestic players, and all 3 players are high level players.

Edit: And Novara is gone try to signed Britt Herbots even though Busto wants to keep her. If Novara after all signed her for me they already looks very good team for next season. I would keep Hancock and they just need to signed world class OPP.

On my wish list for them Lippmann or Ebrar.

• A really well balanced team. They could still to try sign with Castillo ( one of the bests libero IMO). I think that if Brazil alowed 3 foreignes on a team, may she come to play here.