2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Okay, I'm going for another pot of coffee to try and make it to the Japan match

If I type something stupid in the next couple hours, blame it on sleep deprivation

• Okay, first of all, this doesn't mean anything in the big picture. Remember Rio? China was 4th in the group, and what happened then?;)Not to take anything from Turkish girls, who fully deserved the win, but let's not exaggerate the significance of this.

As for Serbia, as expected, too great a reliance on Boskovic (and Maja). Mirkovic is literally unusable at this level, and judging by the state of Brankica's back, so is she (her constant stretching out while on the side-lines was painful to watch). Block worked beautifully (Milena more blocks than the entire Dominican team!), and reception was surprisingly decent (then again, with Brankica out, maybe not so surprising; Serbia will no longer play Serbian-ball!;(^^).

Great matches by C. Bosetti and Jordan Thompson! And lastly, the stats at the olympics.com page are very unreliable. FIVB stats are much, much better.

• I can’t wait to watch Italy vs Turkey match.

I do believe Mazzanti is aware of Turkey reception and that they are gone push hard on the serve and that means again many serve errors but they need to push it.
    Italy has really good service line from great jump servers to really strong float serve.

On another hand Turkey is great team when it comes to serve. If they can pass like they did today I’m not afraid for Italy. This is gone be really nice test how good Italy really is.

Turkey will face the team who has way better organisation block-defence(strange to say that when we all know how great China WAS in that part)

Egonu is gone be THE KEY. If She perform like today, normal level with 50% and so many mistakes. Turkey has chance because they are very stabile team without many mistakes, but if She perform like We all know that She can. Hard to stop this Italy with leader as Egonu and great OH duo that Pietrini - Bosetti showed. Amazing defence and two really good MBs.

I think this match is gone be really fun to watch !!!

• Egonu after the match

“I would like my proudest moments here at Tokyo 2020 to be fun, as we give our everything at 100 per cent and work hard for our dream.”

“I want to experience all the good things.”

And this is what I got from the first performance, even though She under performed(how crazy this sound when She still got 50% in attack but okej) She was smiling and enjoying her time. And We all so that. :heart:

• Not to sound rude or disrespectful, but whenever Lang Ping comes out with a statement about one of her players and/or the state of the team, I automatically assume it's a lie and that she is playing mindgames. Call me jaded and cynical, but that's how it is.:lol:

Of course, if it turns out Zhu is really injured (god forbid!) I'll apologise.:flower:

• I mean Zhu was unrecognizable today, yes but I don’t think she was the only And main problem China had today. We all have seen China before and they are capable of winning against many team even without Zhu. Almost everyone underperformed and it looked like something was off. To blame just a player is not correct in my opinion, I hope they will get better in the rest of the tournament.

• Also, as someone already stated, Goncharova's apathy...it looks ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if this is her last year in NT. And, holly shit, I just saw that JT's attack % was over 75!:obey:

• That was a cool roaming drone capture of that play :thumbup: