2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I'm gonna throw in here what seems to be an unpopular opinion. I think a final match between USA and Brazil would be really boring. I mean, not the match itself, I'm sure it'd be a hell of a match. But USA vs. Brazil again? Really? After two (recent) Olympic finals, after God knows how many GP/VNL finals... I'm ready for something else. I'm not even Euro-fanatic and stuff, but it'd be cool to have something fresh.

this is not unpopular tho. the same on the men’s side where everyone is bored that brazil is always there making an appearance 😂

• I'm gonna throw in here what seems to be an unpopular opinion. I think a final match between USA and Brazil would be really boring. I mean, not the match itself, I'm sure it'd be a hell of a match. But USA vs. Brazil again? Really? After two (recent) Olympic finals, after God knows how many GP/VNL finals... I'm ready for something else. I'm not even Euro-fanatic and stuff, but it'd be cool to have something fresh.

well you can't blame both teams for playing the best in the most important games.

• this is not unpopular tho. the same on the men’s side where everyone is bored that brazil is always there making an appearance 😂

what can I say. Brasil Men's team is THAT good even in their worst games.

• Brazil: Team Redeem from Rio 2016

USA: Always #2, not the gold.

So that's an interesting narrative.

• I don’t think a Brazil vs USA final would be boring, specially if both teams play with full potencial (which I think it wouldn’t happen due to the injuries). But as a Brazilian, I think I would prefer to have Serbia or Italy in the final.
    Even though is another different generation of players, when you lose two consecutive Olympic finals to the same rival, you don’t forget that easily.
    Larson, Foluke, Garay, Natalia and Tandara were all in London.

What I mean with that is that I’m a little afraid USA gets too motivated to have their “revenge”, something like Sheilla had against Russia in 2012 saying that there were no f*cking way she was gonna lose to them one more time. So I think a final against the US can be really dangerous for Brazil.

• Haha, I see you are invested in this Brazil drama :thumbup:

I <3 drama. Now im scrolling BRA players insta. lmfao.

• hate to break it you guys, but it's too early to picture who's gonna win gold or silver. this is the olympics and ANYTHING can happen. teams do peak suddenly QF onward at the olympics.

your favorites will have to go to QF and semis first. brazil and usa were also favorites last 2016 and look at what happened.

FYI, i'm leaning / supporting brazil if my bio is not a give away but i have to admit that turkey is a big challenge for brazil. same with either serbia / italy for USA.

• Don't think there'd be any surprises in Turkey vs Korea and USA vs Dom

ROC might put up a strong fight against Brazil, but Brazil should still win the match

Italy and Serbia will be the heartbreaking match for whichever team crashes out early in QFs

This can only be blamed on the poolings (such drastic difference between A & B)

While USA vs Brazil in the finals may be 'boring' in the sense of "them again", I think it'll still be a more exciting finals to watch, compared to having teams which have been more inconsistent this tournament compete in the Finals.
    (this entire Olympics, a hot mess)

• Did anyone post the schedule yet?

09:00 KOR-TUR

13:00 DOM-USA

17:00 SRB-ITA

21:30 BRA-ROC

Local time of course.

• Honestly I'd rather have BRA-USA again, rather than error prone/inconsistent teams like TUR/ITA or Boskoball team.

The VNL final & round robin matches b/w BRA and USA were high quality, fast paced and amazing teamwork/connections.

(we all know at the end Dani Lins ruined it though)

We won't have lots of 100km/h serves/spikes but surely a lot of good rallies.

• USA vs Brazil will never be boring for me. These two teams matches so much with each other so the game result is always unpredictable.

But really, it's early to tell who will be at the finals. This could go to any team with how the matches are going on so far. I'm even quite scared for USA(specially with all these bad lucks coming in) since Dominican Republic can be a dark horse.

• Or blamed on the fact the two best teams in the world did not top their groups.

• I dont think at all it would be sweet to see one of these teams going out. Olympics bring this, Olympic spirit <3

If Dominican Republic goes out, I would feel sorry for Rivera. Specially after the loss of her daughter some years ago. For years she has been the backbone of this team, a team which hasnt reached more due his coach. They never could make the real break out after that amazing WCH 2014 campaign.

For USA, well, it would be again heart breaking if Larson and Akinradewo finish their Olympic career without a medal. Both have 2 silvers and one bronze. Going out so early for them would be just :pinch:

In the case of Italy, I would really feel sorry for Moki. I dont think at all she would be in Paris. I hope so, but I dont think so. All the other players have many more olympic cycle to come. It would be a pity that the best libero in the last years (two best libero awards in the last two WCHs) go too early. But at the end, that's the trend of Italy ^^

Brazil...I dont have words for them. After such a traumatic loss at home 5 years ago, it would be terrible if they miss the medal phase again. I would feel really bad for Fe Garay. She left the heart against China in Rio. Then I think about Carol G, coming back at 40 yo and experiecing a new blossom...ending the career in QFs? ;(

For Turkey, well I have already explained my huge admiration towards Eda. As well as for Naz. For me, Turkey is the Dominican Republic of Europe: they could have achieved way more with the huge potential they have. I hope these two titans of vball retire at least with a medal.

For Korea: KYK and Lavarini. But specially KYK. She has been bashed so much in the last years: she is just a OH2, she cant contribuite anymore, she doesnt worth her salary, etc. She has never quit her team despite of all the problems in the recent years and the lack of competitive players there. Hats off from her.

And for Serbia: the great and unmatched Maja! A farewall with a gold medal would be sublime for the best setter of the decade. Despite being one of the most hated teams, I do really hope they get a medal too.

Russia: It would be sad that the Karpol curse continues. They have never reached SF after Nikolay retired. And with him in the bench, Russia never missed a SF. Goncharova has been another player that as well as KYK, has always been there for her team. Same goes to Startseva.

I could feel happy if a team continues their path to the gold. As well as upset if a legend retires without a medal. But I couldnt feel happy if I see others crying. More if they are players who have done so much for this sport.

• Definitely for Turkey. 85% of Turkish population is in Asia and 95% of our land is. Asians should root for us, if Korea is out!

I'm from the Philippines and has part Latino blood. Our culture is closer to Latin America than Asia. sooo I guess I'm rooting for Brasil. jejeje

• Larson and Akinradewo have one silver medal. They were not in Beijing