2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Turkey lost like wtf just happend ??!!:what::sos::sos::sos::down::hit::gone::gone:;(

KYK played epic and Jeong-Ah helped better than Lee-Dayoung and her sis probably would have. On Turkish side Gio completely trolled us, Idk what happened but he kept benching the good players, Seyma, who didn't play much before played the entire match basically and she did very bad but he didn't sub her, Hande didn't get any time at all :cursing::thumbdown:

• Just realised that unless Russia beats Brazil, we’ll have 4 different continents represented in the SF. Pretty cool :thumbup:

• Lavarini gives an interview to Italian press media. Basically he says this: "Sincerely, this time we thought it would be really difficult for us. Actually, it is always difficult for us. I have already told you this a lot of times and I would always repeat it to myself.

For the match against Japan and Dominican Republic we knew there were some tactics we could play. But this time it seemed to be without any single doubt to be a more difficult match to face. And now? We will prepare for the next match. These matches let us know that we can go beyond our own limits. "

He was asked if he will learn Korean and he replies he barely knows some words. In the other hand, Korean girls know more Italian words, specially the swear words, which are used more often by his pupils :rolll:

Furthermore, he explains that in the key moments his players are very accurate in the clutch moments. It has already happened against Dominican Republic and Japan, when they were 2 match points down. It isnt coincidence that the top archery athletes are Korean. He makes an analogy with their service game and archery.

Finally. he also says he is very proud that 4 of the 8 coaches who are in the Qfs are Italian. And it is not a coincidence that in the CL Final 4 it all were Italians too.

• It isnt coincidence that the top archery athletes are Korean. He makes an analogy with their service game and archery.

Damn, someone tell Yang Qian to collab with the women's NT. (granted, Koreans are better at archery than Chinese are at shooting)

• Yea she is still great tbh, the team she has to work with is just...a lot :D

She’s amazing.. one of the best liberos of all time. However I don’t think she’ll work well in another team. She’s used to taking every easy serve, every free ball, you can even see she’s taking away so many second balls from Marte.. although excellent I feel like she’s stepping on other players’ responsibilities

• Turkey won gold in archery but can't relate ;( release your secrets Korea!! :rolll:

So much of it is mentality. I heard one of the archery competitions (I don't know if they all do) had a heart rate monitor and one of the finalists was going at 180bpm. Meanwhile the Korean athlete is going at 120bpm.

Also archery is really popular in Korea, even idols go and shoot arrows on variety shows.

• Damn, someone tell Yang Qian to collab with the women's NT. (granted, Koreans are better at archery than Chinese are at shooting)

Lavarini explained that when you go to serve in vball relates when you are going to shoot an arrow in archery. It is one of the few moments in vball where you are only with yourself, with your own mind and concentration. So, this is why he relates this to his service strategy and how good Korea plays in service. No need of aces, just execute accurate serves.

• KYK played epic and Jeong-Ah helped better than Lee-Dayoung and her sis probably would have. On Turkish side Gio completely trolled us, Idk what happened but he kept benching the good players, Seyma, who didn't play much before played the entire match basically and she did very bad but he didn't sub her, Hande didn't get any time at all :cursing::thumbdown:

Jeongah was a half-starter to begin with, she was used as a starter when height was necessary in certain games. It's just that she's weaker at defence and was more inconsistent.

But she has the nickname Clutch Park for a reason and she proved it more than once this match, and pulled Korea through when Kim wasn't in the front row