2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Because they didn't play any of these tournaments with their A-team except for maybe 1 whole VNL tournament:whistle:

And yes I'm gonna bring up ECH, because it's a though competition and they won it twice pretty clearly!

As you just pointed out that Serbia was hiding their A-team for nearly the whole cycle, how could they dominant it then?

ECH was tough just because there’re many teams at similar level, but none other than Serbia reached the semis here in Tokyo.

• It seems like

non European hegemonist (self proclaimed) even WCH count as regional level competition.

WCh will regain its prestige again next year.. Today, passion is speaking loudly than ever here, no one will care about anything other than OG...

• Y'alll.... WC and WGCC are such mediocre tournaments c'mon lmao, I never even know when they're happening. they literally won Wch, the most important tournament besides OG without question. No doubt they were one of the dominating forces but Mihajlovic is simply not what she once was and Milenkovic and Busa alone won't cut it.

We need more prestigious international volleyball tournaments! WCH is definitely important but it was one tournament and almost three years before this Olympics.

• We need more prestigious international volleyball tournaments! WCH is definitely important but it was one tournament and almost three years before this Olympics.

VNL matters now in the rankings and so will the rankings itself. I think next year we will see a lot of A teams or at least A-B teams in the tournament :super: yearly vibes

• but like where did she put her gum when she picked it up? The rally started immediately after, please tell me she didn’t put it back in her mouth :what: or was she just holding it until the point ended lmao

if you watch to the end of the gif, you can briefly see she tucks it into her spandex (shorts)

• VNL matters now in the rankings and so will the rankings itself. I think next year we will see a lot of A teams or at least A-B teams in the tournament :super: yearly vibes

Or they will only show up in OG years, Brazil did that by mistake :lol:

• We need more prestigious international volleyball tournaments! WCH is definitely important but it was one tournament and almost three years before this Olympics.

It is a pity that World Cup has lost so much importance in the last years. I know that many players dont like this tournament because it is really demanding, they play many matches in few days and the round robin system is exhausting.

The system of qualification (ranking) instead of the continental championship has also influenced in the quality of the teams there. And well, now that they arent any more the first olympic qualifier :gone::gone::gone:

• Hopefully Rosamaria continues her run against Korea.

Vai Brasew!

<3 from Philippines

• Sorry for Ognjenovic to miss out on the Olympic gold medal... Also on her birthday;( Serbia dominated the whole Olympic cycle, but the postponement of the Olympicsreally didn't work their favor:( Loss of Michajlovic and Veljkovic was too big, because it left Boskovic as only relaiable scorer. Hope they will take the bronze medal at least!

never won the VNL or World Grand Prix. That is not a dominant cycle. One Olympic Final and a World Championship.

• Justine Wong-Orantes deserves the world.

A player who out of high school was a setter but was not recruited because she was too short and was going to do beach. Plans changed and she took a leap of faith to the best NCAA team in the country to be their libero. Fate made its way where she was thrust into the starting position from Day 1 (she was not expected to play). She wins a national championship with Nebraska and cemented herself as one of the best liberos to play NCAA volleyball over her 4 years.

She goes into limbo after college, not having a professional gig but trying to stay in the USA gym amid personal and family issues. She persevered after some rough outings (Turkey VNL) and kept pushing toward her dream (being an Olympian). She made her way into Germany... going from Schwerin to taking more responsibility at Wiesbaden.... to getting back into the USA gym to claim her spot

and the rest... is history :heart:

spchlrk9tanetl1hab6q.jpg

• Ugh, we really don’t need this debate again. Let’s just say Serbia achieved their main goal in 2017, 2018 and 2019. It was a damn good cycle.

• Hope to see her play in top clubs/leagues like Shoji does one day:heart: