2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• I am glad the Russian coach quickly let go Volvich in Set 3. Very decisive move, also sub Volkov out, Volkov seems nervous and angry today.

I just admire the constant and decisiveness calmness of Mikhaylov.

Kliuka had a good match too, same as the setter.

• молодцы, ребята! Mikhailov, true leader and star of Russian VB. That's how an opposite should behave and play! And he is not the least arrogant and doesn't mock weak opponents. Anyway, let's leave it at there. Focus on champions, not losers.

Great match. Russian men NT playing perfect and up to date modern volleyball. OH who know how to receive, MB who can also attack - to be fair, Volvich and Kurkaev are kinda meh, but Yakovlev is complete MB. Players who doesn't use their height as an excuse for being incapable of digging. Strong serve, fast play, etc.

• молодцы, ребята! Mikhailov, true leader and star of Russian VB. That's how an opposite should behave and play! And he is not the least arrogant and doesn't mock weak opponents. Anyway, let's leave it at there. Focus on champions, not losers.

Great match. Russian men NT playing perfect and up to date modern volleyball. OH who know how to receive, MB who can also attack - to be fair, Volvich and Kurkaev are kinda meh, but Yakovlev is complete MB. Players who doesn't use their height as an excuse for being incapable of digging. Strong serve, fast play, etc.

if Yakovlev can add a bit more variety and stability to his float serve, he would be even more complete. Very impressive today.

• Ahhh just so happy my team won 🎉🎊

So far the last 3 games including the VNL, Russia has won against Brazil in all convincing manner.

That clutch moment Podlesnykh getting subbed in on set 3 made the difference, and then they picked up on set 4.

Can't wait for the Finals 🙌🏻

• I fell asleep in the beginning of the 2nd set, I have just waken up and I checked the score and say what!? Ok, after winning the first set 25-18, to be honest, I didnt expect it would be a clear swept by Brazil, I did expect more competition from Russia of course; but at the end the south american winning.

Brazil looked way better in this first set of the SF than in the preliminary round match (Bruno more accurate, Thales at least defending a a bit more), but checking the stats, the main factor of the come back Mihkaylov! He didnt have good efficiency i(to his standards) n most of the matches in Tokyo, but he showed up when it mattered the most.

From the 1 st set (only 2 points, 29% efficiency) to 7pts in the second set, 5 pts in the third one and 8pts in the last one. He ended up with 48.48 of efficiency :white:

In the other hand, Wallace with just 11.11%.

Well, I would need to watch the match in order to give a proper comment. Now I only could say: Congrats Russia! To their fans too!

• If France wins later tonight, I could already smell drama between Ngapeth and the Russians :whistle:

• If France wins later tonight, I could already smell drama between Ngapeth and the Russians :whistle:

It's Olympics, I've never seen Ngapeth as focused as against Poland, esp considering his claims about Heynen being a racist etc., I don't think there will be drama, it will be the game of their life (maybe besides Mikhaylov). And I can't wait to see it.

(obv if they make it, don't ever underestimate a heart of the Argentina)

• World League/VNL curse strikes again. :sos:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• i fall sleep but sad to know that Brazil was leading 20x12 on third set and lost. Really bad set.

Congrats Russia. Won both games in Olympics against Brazil.

• What curse? Cuba in 2000, China in 2004, Brazil in 2004, USA in 2008, Brazil in 2008, USA with legit chances this year in a female tournament, kinda poor curse if it works from time to time.

Well it is still working five major tournaments in a row together with the world championship. Heck if we add in World Cup then we have 7 atleast for the men's game. That's a pretty substantial curse or whatever.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So I guess this is a reversal for Brazil in Rio 2016? Rio was Men’s time to win the gold while Women’s Team lost in QF.

This time, Men’s Team lost in QF while Women’s win all the way??