Looking for admin(s)

• The best-run sites are, in my experience, those where there is a separation between admins and mods, and where former deal with software, administrative and financial issues, while the latter run day-by-day business of monitoring the site and it's content. To that end, perhaps it would be wisest if Matthias were to specify whether he is planning to stay and employ additional admin (who can they chose new mods), or he has in mind some different arrangement.

• The best-run sites are, in my experience, those where there is a separation between admins and mods, and where former deal with software, administrative and financial issues, while the latter run day-by-day business of monitoring the site and it's content. To that end, perhaps it would be wisest if Matthias were to specify whether he is planning to stay and employ additional admin (who can they chose new mods), or he has in mind some different arrangement.

I have no idea what it's like with the current forum software because in fact I have no clue about that kind of stuff, but in the old times, moderators could edit/move/delete posts, but only admins could ban/delete users, so IMO appointing only moderators won't solve the problem of this site. I have nothing to do with any technical/software issues of the forum, all of that has been taken care of by YavorD as long as I can remember, at least ever since Justyna left. This being said, I think the best solution is to find maybe 2-3 new admins that have all the necessary rights to take care of the business here. I don't know if I am going to stay nor in which function.

• I'm flattered by the one who suggested my name:P Thanks!

But I don't think I'm the right candidate if it requires technical skills, because my technical skills are really low:lol:

My choices would be:

Sisko

Toguttt

Phil

sloth

I would like it if Matthias stays!:)

• Mountains of gratitude to whoever pays the server and software bills for this site. Is that YavorD ?

I'd ban everyone who didn't vote Kotoe Inoue as their Dream Team libero. I'll let that speak for itself :)

Everyone else mentioned is great. Zero in on Sisko because he has next level diplomatic skills (which is what I see as the most pressing need), and sloth because he's such a nice guy.

I'd volunteer clerical and technical support to anyone who accepts the Admin/Mod role but doesn't enjoy those things ... like if a kill order is executed I'd watch for zombies. That kind of thing.

• So out of the people suggested so far, who actually would like to do it?

• It seems only sitenoise agreed to an advisory role of sorts as far as admin duties go, if I understand correctly. In addition, if nobody else has either the patience or stomach to ban our resident troll #1 and his potential double accounts, I volunteer for the task (after confirming with an admin that it is indeed his double account, of course).

• In practical terms, I guess what I am proposing (again, if nobody else wants to do it) that authority to ban the troll and his double accounts (and only them) be transferred to me, but not authority to ban anyone else or even to delete posts. Thus, there would be no danger of me abusing the privilege, but also I won't have the burden of every-day moderating. The drawback to this, of course, is that it requires other regular moderator(s) and an admin besides.

• It seems only sitenoise agreed to an advisory role of sorts as far as admin duties go, if I understand correctly.

Yes, I am only volunteering to assist an admin/mod with detail work if they need/want it.

• Sisko and Janko are good choices, I like that... I could try too but they are older members than me, they know this place more than I do... This forum would be in safe hands with them imho :rose:

• I think then at least most of members who has engaged in discusion agree about Sisko, also we have sloth who have desire, and Janko who takes on the task of banning infected profiles.

I also think that maybe we could create a new special thread where, with the help of (constructive) advice, we would initially help our potentially new admins and moderators to do the job as easily and efficiently as possible, after all it is in everyone's interest to create an even better forum and we will enjoy in volleyball and sharing information and opinions.

• Alright, I have a proposition. I would accept being a full mod, not just part of one, IF both Sisko and sloth accept to be one as well (ideally, Matthias would remain as well). Think about it, guys. This is not a big site, one that does not have all that much traffic. The more of us there will be, the less work each of us will individually have, and therefore we all benefit. It's getting increasingly clear that if we don't form this "coalition", no one will actually become a new mod, and with current situation as it is, that's not a wise course to take.

Plus, I like both of you, so it would be an enjoyment to work with you in helping to make this site better.:drink:

I do, however, reserve the privilege of being the one to ban the troll.;):P