Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• 3 years ago, having Boskovic - KYK - Natalia on your team should be the best Holy Trinity like what Sheilla - Mari - Paula in 2008 was. But if we are talking about present year, I am sorry, I lvoe KYK and Natalia to death but those two were just a shadow of their former self. Natalia had some good games, but most of the times she underperformed. KYK has become the new Piccinini, good for reception and defense. I won't have both of them on my starting six. Maybe Natalia with a good well balanced OH or KYK with a terminating OH.

Jordan Thompson moving to OH gonna fit in with Kiraly's plan to have Plummer-Thompson duo as their OH? If it is true, maybe playing in Vitra as OH will help her develop more.

• Players come and go. While I do agree that Natalia and KYK are huge names, it's time for new players to prove their worth and make a name for themselves too.

I just hate it when they get labeled as "downgrades" when they haven't even played with that team. Thompson, Baladin and Ogbogu are three up-and-coming players who have shown great promise. It's opportunities like these that make stars. It's good for Eczacibasi to invest in them because eventually, they could help them reach their mutual goals.

I will be very excited to see how Eczacibasi performs with this young squad.

Thompson - 22

Baladin - 22

Boskovic - 23

Guveli - 21

Ogbogu - 25

• If Thompson gets more acclimated in passing the international ball, it will be huge for her career in the pros and in the NT.

For USA, Hill, Larson and possibly MBH will be leaving after Tokyo. Having Thompson, Plummer and Foecke will help USA maintain a strong left side.

I will be very excited if Thompson does play OH for Eczacibasi as the rumors suggest.

• I agree! I never understood why people are so quick to say “DOWNGRADE!” Like, can you give them a chance to prove themselves?
    despite their ages, Ogbogu and JT are relatively new to the scene. This is a MAJOR jump for them. I know people are considered about their plying time but on this team they’ll be able to play the most important games against the top teams in CL. And maybe even the top teams in the TL.
    Also I have to remind even myself that this is their job, most of the times athletes are looking out for theirselves and their future OUTSIDE of volleyball. If they can go to a team that is well known all while making good money, I doubt they care that much about where their development is.

• If Thompson gets more acclimated in passing the international ball, it will be huge for her career in the pros and in the NT.

For USA, Hill, Larson and possibly MBH will be leaving after Tokyo. Having Thompson, Plummer and Foecke will help USA maintain a strong left side.

I will be very excited if Thompson does play OH for Eczacibasi as the rumors suggest.

Do you think Plummer going to Japan is a good career move in terms of being the next Big 3 OHs for USA?

• I respeact all of you comments, I was expecting 10 attack on me but actually We had normal conversation by simple expressing your opinion.

This is new :what:

Time will show who is gone be right, simple as that. At least We will not have huge expectation and that is new from Eczacibasi, and it can turn around to be great sign for them.

• Btw rumors say Eczacıbasi won't renew with Gamze and will bring young setter Elif Şahin instead. Don't know whether it's true or not

Where did She play last season ?? She is new name for me...

• Do you think Plummer going to Japan is a good career move in terms of being the next Big 3 OHs for USA?

I think it's possible Thompson and Plummer will switch positions for the next cycle, Thompson converting to OH as she gets more experience with ball control and Plummer moving to OP.

• I think Opp is more suited to Plummer since her receiving and back court defense is weak. But maybe she will get better in time. Who knows.

I don't know Plummer for me looks very clumsy and slow for an OH. :/.

• I don't know Plummer for me looks very clumsy and slow for an OH. :/.

Absolutely agree, i just can not imagine her in USA super fast system. But my opinion is based just on few youtube highlights video from NCAA and one or two matches in Monza, maybe that is not enough to see her real ability.

• NCAA is generally very slow, at least in comparison to international scene, IMO. I'll reserve judgement.

• If Thompson's transfer is true, Eczacibasi will use her as OPP/OH bench for Boskovic and Hande.

It will be extremely rare moments (probably moments of devastation) to put Thompson-Hande as OH duo on court. Not sure how Thompson receives but Hande's receiving is just enough to cover herself, not more, not less. So they need a third OH, who is either as balanced as Hande or a better receiver, so they can use middles actively too. Only available names at this point are Kelsey and Rabadzheiva. Kelsey is certainly the key here, whoever (Fenerbahce or Eczacibasi) transfers her, will have the strong hand against the other.

For more balanced OH options, they could go for Herbotts or Daalderop, but it seems too late to transfer them.

Btw, Elif Sahin is a bad setter, almost as bad as Nursevil. Her only advantage is good serves and solid block due to her height. But girl can't even set the ball to her opposite or she can't set slides. If they are getting her back, I am sure they won't have Elif-Gamze duo as setters, that's like a minefield. That indicates they have a solid foreign setter almost transferred, so Elif can learn from that setter during the next season.

• Is their any rumors about Conegliano 4th OH ??

I think it could be one more foreign player, but I don't have any idea who could be. I hope for one defence OH with very good reception.

Vasileva probably wants to stay in Italy because of her boyfriend, their was rumor about her in Russia but that probably not gone happend...

• If rumors are true both Rabadzheiva and Robinson are going to Chine...

But having Hande and Britt as OH duo is the same as Hande - Thompson duo. All 3 of them are not stable recivers.

Robinson would be perfect for this new Ecz.

• What about Brankica ?? Is She staying in Fener ?

Loosing Robinson is huge miss for them next season.

What about Gala, they are going with 1 foreign or what ?

• I think GS's women's team will build a proper team after all, there were many opposing voices from the club and management to what has been told earlier. Though I am sure they will build a more reasonable team with a smaller budget.

About Kelsey, I will be very surprised if she leaves Turkey next season.