Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• Please, find me multiple posts of mine where I'm tearing down Wolosz. I talked about her or the first time in years. :whistle:

Please, read that post again. I talked generally that you love to tear down other players to defend your faves. You can't praise players who are not your favorites. For you Hill wasn't good and won MVP on WCH 2014 just because of Glass, you just can't credit someone for a good tournament without pointing that it is, because of someone. She's choker and doesn't deserve to be in USA NT. It's always the same, while Robinson is amazing all the time. A couple years ago when Skorupa was playing in Conegliano she was bashed by you just because Robinson and Fawcett played badly in some matches. You are all about OOS playing, but when you fave can't perform from OOS then you need to fine someone to blame.

I did not give a f... about Wołosz, she's just an example here.

• I'm still waiting an answer on Wolosz big moments far from Imoco.

Complaining about some teams or players - Eczacibasi for example - is okay, it's like a trend on here, you get a lot of likes, but doing the same on others - like Wolosz - isn't allowed. I got it now. :lol:

She did good at busto with the team she had

Now I want to see carlini leading a team with players of that level ....

And is true you want to criticize another players but your favs NO ONE can say any bad thing about themm

Really partial you are

• Wolosz is 4years already in Conegliano and She is staying one more season. She has won so much things with them. This are her best years as players

Why would She leave to achieve something out of Conegliano when for her Imoco is perfect.:what:

• I’m waiting Carlini to watch her when She js 28years old or more. This are the years when setters shine in full force.
    For now for me She is messy. Malinov is getting so much hate and Carlini is not better than her. They are pretty much on the same level.

• When she's trying to do something extra and not set to the leader in crucial moments - she's the one to blame, because it's 'unnecessary' and she should choose wise. When almost the whole team is playing awful and she sets to the leader she's boring and nothing special. The girl can't win.

I agree with this. And there are the stats. We could criticize Wolosz in so many different skills, but not in creativity or being a "facilistic" or "easier" setter. Yes, Conegliano in general had decent and more than decent reception, so she fed her MBs or sometimes she used them in order to confuse Novara block and set to the pins. But when she noticed that Robin, for example, wasnt delivering, despite of setting her in different tempos, Wolosz started to just send the ball to Egonu. It is logic. But we couldnt say she didnt try to involve her MBs. In set two, Robin ended 2/8 and in the third one, 1/6.

What I criticize on her is that in key moments of the match, she just needs to set a high ball to the pin. No more, no need to put more speed or try to leave the spiker without block. Much more when a long rally is played or it is set/match point. Conegliano lost some set points cuz of his reason in the second set. She is very used to play with the ball above her head, so when it doesnt happen, she easily loses her mind. Sure, in Conegliano she has Egonu to help. I think we could see the real dimension of a setter when the pass is broken.

I do consider Wolosz is a good setter, even great. Plus her blocking skills + defense are pretty solid for being a setter, that's a fact, not an opinion. But, at the same time, I still think she is far for being considered between the greatest. Maybe in a couple of years, she is just 31 and we know setters are like the wine.

PS: About the past shade against Maja, oh please, this is past. We are all discussing about vball skills, not chosing Miss Congeniality.

• This thread needs more of the best setter from this year

giphy.gif

For me, she is the break through setter not only from Serie A1, but in all the competitive European Leagues. She was already good in Chieri, but this season she just consolidated herself as one of the best, as well as we will hear her name more often in elite vball.

With a very limited team (a team where there is only ONE starting player for a mid-level NT, the others are 4th, 5th and even 6th option), Poulter was able to take the best of them and if Busto showed such an enjoyable game, it is in big part thanks to her. Outplaying the current best setter in the world in one SF CL match is another milestone.

• AHAHAHAHAHHAAH THAT GIF BROKE MY BONES AHAHAHAH

• OK guys, let’s make sure we stay away from pointless baiting and drama here.

When Perugia lost the league final to Pesaro and Lina Del Core said on TV right after they lost because Marinova sucked, it didn't start such a big amount of drama. :whistle: