43. Gennari 33,0 %

44. D'Odorico 32,9 %

45. Strantzali 32,8 %

46. Nicoletti 32,7 %

47. Carcaces 32,5 %

48. Ortolani 32,3 %

49. Bici 30,6 %

50. Giovannini 27,1 %

*only players with at least 100 attacks are listed.

% SPIKERS (MB)

1. Fahr 67,2 %

2. De Kruijf 66,4 %

3. Washington 56,0 %

4. Mazzaro 54,7 %

5. Melandri 53,6 %

6. Danesi 52,6 %

7. Zakchaiou 51,0 %

8. Lubian 50,0 %

9. Heyrman 48,6 %

10. Koolhaas 47,2 %

11. Stevanovic 47,1 %

11. Bonifacio 47,1 %

13. Olivotto 46,2 %

14. Belien 45,8 %

15. Furlan 45,6 %

16. Stufi 45,5 %

17. Candi 45,4 %

18. Zambelli 45,1 %

19. Alberti 45,1 %

20. Fondriest 44,0 %

21. Berti 43,7 %

22. Popovic 40,1 %

23. Veglia 40,0 %

24. Aelbrecht 39,5 %

25. Moretto 39,2 %

26. Dumancic 38,3 %

% PERFECT RECEPTION (Liberos)

1. De Gennaro 60,2 %

2. Merlo 53,1 %

3. Leonardi 52,5 %

4. Cecchetto 49,2 %

5. De Bortoli 48,3 %

6. Parrocchiale 45,9 %

7. Venturi 45,4 %

8. Zannoni 44,2 %

9. Moro 44,7 %

10. Fersino 42,5 %

11. Sansonna 40,7 %

12. Sirressi 38,9 %

13. Parlangeli 32,5 %

% PERFECT RECEPTION (OH)

1. C.Bosetti 47,5 %

2. Courtney 47,2 %

3. Sylla 43,3 %

4. Begic 42,9 %

5. Pietrini 41,7 %

6. Meijners 40,9 %

7. Hill 40,4 %

7. Giovannini 40,4 %

9. Frantti 40,3 %

10. Havelkova 39,3 %

BEST BLOCKERS

1. Zakchaiou 45

2. Berti 36

3. Danesi 35

4. Heyrman 33

5. Koolhaas 29

6. Furlan 28

7. De Kruijf 27

7. Washington 27

7. Belien 27

10. Melandri 24

BEST SERVERS

1. Hancock 33

2. D'Odorico 20

3. Stysiak 17

3. Orthmann 17

5. Egonu 16

6. Guerra 14

6. Van Hecke 14

8. Fahr 13

9. Piani 12

9. C.Bosetti 12

• Didn't realize Strantzali was having such a bad season at attack. She is also not a stable receiver. I doubt she will find a team in serie a next season

• Didn't realize Strantzali was having such a bad season at attack. She is also not a stable receiver. I doubt she will find a team in serie a next season

She doesn't look that bad on court. For a left-handed player it's more difficult, expecially with Signorile's shaky setting. It's the same with Zakchaiou's spiking, she looks way better than what the stats say.

She was one of best before covid

There's signorile hate here,don't count on that

• She doesn't look that bad on court. For a left-handed player it's more difficult, expecially with Signorile's shaky setting. It's the same with Zakchaiou's spiking, she looks way better than what the stats say.

Wouldnt it be better if she would play as receiver opp and vasilantonaki as non-receiver OH🤔

• Paola Egonu is giving her voice for the synchronization of the Disney cartoon "Soul".

Sorry for of topic but I didn't know where to post it but this is just one part when I say it is not only Egonu signed for some Italian teams, She is famous in Italy. She is modeling for fashion brands as Armani , or things like this. She is making some big money outside volleyball world in Italy.

• She was one of best before covid

There's signorile hate here,don't count on that

Oh, please, stop this Signorile hate thing now. I don't hate anyone. She's just an average setter to me. That's all.

If I hate her, what would you say to the supporters of Bergamo? When Lo Bianco couldn't play because of her illness, Bergamo signed Signorile and Serena and they called them Edward & Edward... :whistle:

• Wouldnt it be better if she would play as receiver opp and vasilantonaki as non-receiver OH🤔

That could be a solution, but I never saw Strantzali playing as opposite. It may be affect her spiking.

I think we should consider Signorile can't go to Bici OOT, because it would be automatically a point for the opponents and Strantzali is dealing with a lot of OOS sets, and trust me it's way harder for a lefty spiking a ball from behind on pos 4 than position 2.

• There is a combination of factors: Cuneo was playing good, Strantzali was adapting to A1 but then they stopped for a while for Covid, Signorile's sets aren't always that good... it's not to justify her, she had a couple of bad performances but we have to consider that the virus has a strong effect.

• I thought the first half of the league is not over yet, Chieri still has to play some games iirc.

There are only 3 games missing from the 1st half of regular season, which are:

Busto - Casalmaggiore

Busto - Chieri

Scandicci - Chieri

Due to Covid infections they are postoponed indefinitely to a later date, and they will be played after the beginning of 2nd half (16th December).

So I think it was reasonable to come out with the 1st half stats now.

Regarding the Stats I've published... they are numbers. I personally love Maths and numbers, they give an idea of reality. But they are not the total Truth.. We also need to consider many other factors/aspects..

Let's take numbers for what they are.

• Which players do you guys think were the biggest disappointments (:thumbdown:) of the first half of the season and which players performed better than expected (:thumbup:)? My list:

:thumbdown:

Mingardi: I have never been a big fan of her. She had a few good seasons in mid-level teams but she didn't show the same performance in a bigger club. In this sense, she reminds me of Meryem Boz.

Smarzek: Her shape drastically dropped since Olympic qualifications in the Netherlands. Once she was promised to be one of the elite opps like Boskoviç&Egonu. However, her performance is worrying so far. She is the biggest reason for Novara not being able to challenge Conegliano. Her overall attacking ratio is not as bad as I thought but she dropped the ball whenever it really mattered.

Carcaces: What can you do with a so-called offensive OH who cannot attack?

Popoviç: Finally playing in a top team, I was expecting her to play better and solidify her position in NT for OG, but with her current shape she is disappointing at both attack and block.

Chirichella: She is nowhere close to her previous shape. She lost her starting position to Bonifacio. I won’t be surprised if she would also lose her spot in NT to Bonifacio

Kone: She was supposed to be the next big thing among Italian MBs but so far she is nothing special compared to other young Italian MBs

Olivotto: Wasn’t she the best blocker of last season? No idea what happened to her :S

Malinov: Having a very hectic season. She is the reason why Scandicci can’t perform as well as what their star-filled roster is capable of.

:thumbup:

Orro: She is showing a way better performance than Malinov this season, proving that she should be the starting setter in OG.

Hancock: She is having a good season, better than Poulter. To me, she is not a creative setter but she is making up for it with her strong serve!

Zakchaiou: She is a star-in-making! I knew she had a great season in Olympiakos but I didn’t expect her to show such a dominant performance in her first season in Serie A

Fahr: Thanks to her superb performance, Conegliano didn’t miss Folie during her injury. She is a great attacker, blocker, and server. She is among my favorite young MBs nowadays.

Washington: She is in hell-of-a good shape! She is a killer at attack and intimidating with solid blocks. I am cheering for her to be the starter MB of USA in OG considering what she has shown so far.

Stysiak: She is still a bit error-prone but this season she showed that she is becoming one of the top Opps and she has more potential than Smarzek.

C. Bosetti: She was considered as a big talent for a long time but it seems like this is the season she is finally proving that she is/will be an all-around elite OH.

Herbotts: She is doing a great job at attacking and this season her reception and defense are getting better as well. So far she proved that she can be a starter in a team aiming for trophies.

Adams: I had some doubts when I first heard her transfer to Conegliano at the beginning of the season. It was her first season in Serie-A and in a club that has extremely ambitious goals. During Sylla's absence, she showed that she can compete at such a high level

Courtney: She is very solid at reception as expected but her offense was also good, she is slowly becoming an all-around OH.

Orthmann: She is getting more and more consistent at both attack and reception. Also pretty good serves. She played a big role in Monza’s success so far.

Havelkova: After her terrible performance in Russia last season, she is doing quite well so far although her team is disappointing

Sansonna: To me, she is the best Italian libero after De Gennaro and Merlo. It is incredible how good still she plays despite her age!

Just to underline it again: this is not a list of best and worse players list. It is more about what was expected and what they showed so far

• I actually agree with everyone on the list, I just want to add some :thumbup:

Degradi was doing great before her injury, and if Cuneo did so well at the beginning of the season it's for a big part thanks to her performance

Jasper has also been playing very well, by far the best for Brescia

Also most of the players in Chieri are playing great, but I'd like to praise Bosio, a lot of people at the beginning of the season were doubting her and definetly she had big shoes to fill after Poulter, but so far she's been very good, best italian setter after Orro this season imo, I'd like to see her with the NT maybe in VNL

• In some things I disagree with you

Idk why you put so much on kone,we all know that she could be good in under age competition but it wouldn't be enough in Senior games and we're seeing that .

Popovic it wasn't all her fault,also malinov had bad connexion with her

And smarzek disssapoints if it's the first time you see her in Italy cause in Bergamo she was awful,supposed to be star,sometimes she was one of worst players.

And also it seems you don't see a lot lega cause chirichella didn't lost her place ,she couldn't play and till now she struggles with calf strain

In bad you forget carlota cambi

• Chirichella is injured. And i dont see Bonifacio taking Chirichella’s spot in the national team ever, given Chirichella is healthy. Bonifacio is a good hitter but a weak blocker. And Chirichella is a way better blocker than Bonifacio. She is very quick on her feet in establishing those blocks, even quicker than Washington in Novara. Her and Danesi are the best blocking MBs of the Italian team. Thats why they will always be valuable.

• also serdar orthmann is having a bad season,she have been at bench most of time,in bad shape physically,i think for an injury maybe or other,but she's not doing like always,bad because i love her and monza could do better with her in good shape

I mention begic in Positive ,after her injury,she does an amazing job in monza

Also in positive we can add venturi from firenze