Russia - SUPERLEAGUE PARIMATCH 2020/2021

• I think she had some issues with her knee. She got treated after being subbed out.

dang she is really injury prone. She has been dealing a lot with injuries for the past 2 years but she is still so young. She is definitely one of the futures of Russia. She and Parubets feels like compliment each other interms of strength

• As exptected Kazan was struggling without Startseva. Would've like to see more of Kotikova. I know that she is not as good in attack as the other players but she was the best receiver.

Kosheleva was watching the game in Tula. She was probably whishing that there were more teams like Proton (2 player receiption)...

Dinamo Metar won against Zarechie. That was only the second win in 14 matches against them.

Next round starts today. Apparently Minchaka is allowed to play again...

Proton - Kazan is the top match. Proton is unbeaten but played the new teams and Dinamo Metar so far. Their libero has to do better than last weekend (was replaced after a poor performance. Her 16 y.o. replacement Doronicheva did well.).

• Sixth round today. Now three teams out because of COVID-19 (Loko, Odintsova, Dinamo Metar)...

Leningradka and Krasnodar still unbeaten but they did not play a top club so far. Uralochka - Moscow should is the top match. Krasnodar might have a chance to win points in Kazan as long as Popova is the setter...

• I am just mad at how they barely use their MBs. Fetisova is one of the best MBs in the world and she seems to be underused. How was Maja last season? Did she played with her MB a lot?

You should be a crazy fan

Fetisova one of best mb in world?

When she did something to be considered like that? I can mention 10 above her

I only remember that game against korea

She's not even best mb in russia cause koroleva is her boss

And even in moscow enina is a way long better than her

Some things we should read ..

• Depends on how you define best MB. If talking about attacking wise, yes she is not in top 10 probably but if we are talking about blocking MBs she is definitely in top 5

• Depends on how you define best MB. If talking about attacking wise, yes she is not in top 10 probably but if we are talking about blocking MBs she is definitely in top 5

I mean both skills

• I am just mad at how they barely use their MBs. Fetisova is one of the best MBs in the world and she seems to be underused. How was Maja last season? Did she played with her MB a lot?

Fetisova was a beast when Maja played in Moscow around 2018 season but sadly her level dropped greatly. Ever since her appendix surgery around EuroVolley 2019, she hasn't played a lot and missed the entire summer with NT and her club (plus the long pause due to coronavirus). But the good news is, in the last game with Uralochka, she seems to be on track but still far from her normal level.

When healthy, I would place her among the Top 10 MBs overall. If we speak purely about blocking skills, she is in the Top 3 (along with Rasic and Danesi). Fetisova is one of the few MBs who know how to block Zhu Ting (which not many MBs can consistently achieve really). But with that said, it is Koreleva who is currently the best MB in Russia by a long shot.

• Fetisova was a beast when Maja played in Moscow around 2018 season but sadly her level dropped greatly. Ever since her appendix surgery around EuroVolley 2019, she hasn't played a lot and missed the entire summer with NT and her club (plus the long pause due to coronavirus). But the good news is, in the last game with Uralochka, she seems to be on track but still far from her normal level.

When healthy, I would place her among the Top 10 MBs overall. If we speak purely about blocking skills, she is in the Top 3 (along with Rasic and Danesi). Fetisova is one of the few MBs who know how to block Zhu Ting (which not many MBs can consistently achieve really). But with that said, it is Koreleva who is currently the best MB in Russia by a long shot.

maybe they need more brave and creative setters like Maja in Russia League. setters from Brazil or Asia like Tomkom might do well there. but from what I can see, they depends a lot on their wing spikers. when you have players like Goncharova who can kill 60-70% of the ball she gets, why bother try anyone else?

• I like her. She seems very calm and relax when playing. Is she the next star of Russia? She is still young right?

Still can’t get over the defensive system of this Urachloka team 😂

I like her as well, she is versatile and has the complete package. However, no, she isn´t that young anymore, 26 y.o, and hence I doubt she is the upcoming supernova from Mother Russia. I have seen a pattern from her of being better domestically than internationally. While playing for the NT or on the global scene overall, Parubets has usually not lived up to the domestic hype. There are other and vastly younger players, such as Antropova and Kadochkina, who come across as more promising prospects for being the "next big thing" on the block. I guess Russia will play with Antropova as OPP and Kadochkina/Parubets as OH´s in Paris 2024.

• I like her as well, she is versatile and has the complete package. However, no, she isn´t that young anymore, 26 y.o, and hence I doubt whether she is the upcoming supernova from Mother Russia. I have seen a pattern from her of being better domestically than internationally. While playing for the NT or on the global scene overall, Parubets has usually not lived up to the domestic hype. There are other and vastly younger players, such as Antropova and Kadochkina, who come across as more promising prospects for being the "next big thing" on the block. I guess Russia will play with Antropova as OPP and Kadochkina/Parubets as OH´s in Paris 2024.

i remember another Russian power bomb, the one with tattoos on her arm. where is she? is she playing in Russia too? she has a very big swing.

i think one of the problems for russia is a creative setter like i can see in this league so far. Startseva hasnt played so i cant judge her. But thank God Russia got rid of that awful setter few years ago.

• i remember another Russian power bomb, the one with tattoos on her arm. where is she? is she playing in Russia too? she has a very big swing.

i think one of the problems for russia is a creative setter like i can see in this league so far. Startseva hasnt played so i cant judge her. But thank God Russia got rid of that awful setter few years ago.

I dont know any power hitter from Russia with tattooed arms tbh.