South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• I say Diouf is the same as Lutz, no way she will go through trial again....

The other foreigners (except Bruna) are doing well in their teams... I wonder who will be offered to re-sign, and who will be willing.....

Particularly Lazareva... It will be good if she re-signing.... I like her style of play....

• Is there any news if IBK's coach Kim will continue or are they getting a new coach?

The news just out this morning (April 11) is that KIM Woo-Jae is no longer IBK Altos head coach. IBK Altos decided not to renew his contract and has instead appointed former Korea Expressway Hi-pass and KGC Ginseng head coach SEO Nam-Won as their new head coach.

Sources: 1, 2, 3

• I say Diouf is the same as Lutz, no way she will go through trial again....

There won't be any trial or tryouts like how it was before covid. This year, the teams will once again be selecting players based on video footage.

If the tryout were carried out as normal as before, I don't think Diouf would actually have to do practice matches and drills. This is because I can't remember seeing photos or footages of Alaina Bergsma in a practice match at the tryout after her first two seasons stint with KGC.

Besides, all the teams in the league know very well what Diouf can and can't do by now.

• The news just out this morning (April 11) is that KIM Woo-Jae is no longer IBK Altos head coach. IBK Altos decided not to renew his contract and has instead appointed former Korea Expressway Hi-pass and KGC Ginseng head coach SEO Nam-Won as their new head coach.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone knows how this Coach Seo was when he coached KGC and Hipass?

• there's still no news about FA and the player that new team will pick? it almost near the dead line, can i assume that no one change team? lol

• there's still no news about FA and the player that new team will pick? it almost near the dead line, can i assume that no one change team? lol

Yeah, no FA news yet. No news means that they are still wheeling and dealing with the players.

Rather than announcing the signing of each player one at a time, I think a team will announce the FA news all at once. I do hope we will get some news today but we may have to wait until the very last day of the FA period.

• Is there a list of who will be a part of next season's tryout yet?

Two articles that came out this morning (April 13) have confirmed that Valentina Diouf, Kelsie Payne, and Bruna Moraes have applied to play again in the V-League. It was also stated that Anna Lazareva and Helene Rousseaux have decided not to return to South Korea next season.

The articles also mentioned a few players with previous experience of playing in South Korea like Belarusian Kristina Kicka (nee Mikhailenko) (played for Heungkuk Pink Spiders from 2017-2018), American Katherine Bell (played for GS Caltex from 2015-2106), and American Hillary Hurley (played for Korea Expressway Hi-pass from 2016-2017) have applied for the foreign players draft this year.

Other than Diouf, if the South Korean media are only naming these players then I am not expecting much of a list.

Sources: 1, 2

• So I was wrong... Diouf is gonna return... I guess she enjoyed her life in SK..Despite her "slow" movement (according to her critic), she's a scoring machine and She's going to be the first choice for sure... Which team is the first to pick?

I think Kelsie is going back to Hi-Pass.. She was good there..

Too bad Lazareva won't be back... She must have got offered from a "better" league, I assumed...

• So I was wrong... Diouf is gonna return... I guess she enjoyed her life in SK..Despite her "slow" movement (according to her critic), she's a scoring machine and She's going to be the first choice for sure... Which team is the first to pick?

I think Kelsie is going back to Hi-Pass.. She was good there..

Too bad Lazareva won't be back... She must have got offered from a "better" league, I assumed...

There's rumor that lazareva is going to Fenerbahce right? But i dont think it's a done deal yet unlike Rousseaux who's going to PTT

• KOVO will hold the 2020-2021 V-League Awards Ceremony at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul on April 19. The event will be broadcast live at 15:00 ~ 17:00 KST on SBS Sports, KBSN Sports, and on Naver (AfreecaTV was not mentioned). At the award ceremony, KOVO will present the Best 7 awards, the Best Newcomer award, and the Regular League MVP award.

Source: 1

• How much does the foreign player get paid in the league? If not mistaken local players get much higher than them

For a new player in their 1st season, they get 200K USD. For a player in their 2nd season (or more), they get 300K USD. Bonuses for a win, a player can get between 300~1,000 USD (decided by the team). Players will also be provided with a maximum of 3 return airfare tickets (1 for player and 2 for family) and accommodation.

Source: https://www.kovo.co.kr/eng/kovo/60000_try-out.asp

• There's an article released today that Lee Soyoung sign with KGC. Already confirmed by KGC through their Ig. She must have receive a big offer there

KGC signed LEE So-Young on a 650M KRW contract (approx. $576,660 USD) for 3 years. The breakdown of the contract is an annual base salary of 450M KRW and options of 200M KRW.

GS Caltex Head Coach Cha Sang-Hyun :aww: :wall: ;(