2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• How does the result of this match influence China's chances to go to the semis?

• Can Japan hope anyone sends their B-team to Tokyo ?

• I would turn this match with the valley girl commentary off if DOM wasn't so fun

• That's okay if they gonna be defeated today, at least it will sharpen their strategy on facing strong attack and defense team.

USA, BRA, NED ... I'm afraid Japan is as sharp as they are going to get :white:

• How does the result of this match influence China's chances to go to the semis?

The influence is big for sure, because DOM and JPN have two bottom half opponents till the end and a bit unexpectedly for me, DOM is joyning the fight for the 4th place (and China is practically out) with this potential win. DOM already have the same number of points as NED and RUS with one win less, and just one point less with 2 win less in comparation with TUR, so their chances for the 4th place isn't small at all, also that practically means that the winner of TUR-NED have to beat also BRA for the semi final spot. At the end of the day, very likely BRA will be already qualified for the semi final,............,Oh God this will be crazy finish of the round robin phase.

• What a plot twist from DR, VNL Medal contender.

DOM is one of the few teams with all the full roster available for this VNL. In the previa, they were called to be one of the candidates for the Final 4. As I wrote it some weeks ago, they are the team with more participations in the WGP/VNL without reaching the final stage.

From the middle of the tournament, they are playing much better. Sure, they are still inconsistent, which is their trademark, but they have been playing better. The key is Brenda has risen up her level! Welcome back! De Gennaro better watch out!

• Traditionally Japan would wear down DOM with defense. They aren't doing that here but DOM has lost focus

• Hope DR will maintain this line up of De La Cruz & Martinez as OHs and Rivera as receiving Opp in OG.

Both De La Cruz & Martinez attack better at pos 4, and most OOS attacks of DR go to pos 4 as well, it’d be much better than Rivera playing OH to hit OOS. With Rivera playing as receiving Opp, they can play like China to run a 4 person receiving system to free De La Cruz or Martinez from reception in specific rotations.

• Peña Isabel whoa!