2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• how can possible the odds of china-belgium are 1.30 for china and 3.3 for belgium ? i think the bigs of China will play tomorrow...or not ?

No.

• I don't think Naz will leave, she looked quite out of shape and she has her kid there with her.

I think conditioner Ale is leaving. Potentially, Tugba and Yasemin can leave too but they will need 1 more to leave, maybe Eda since she looked in good shape anyway and deserves a rest.

• I don't think Naz will leave, she looked quite out of shape and she has her kid there with her.

I think conditioner Ale is leaving. Potentially, Tugba and Yasemin can leave too but they will need 1 more to leave, maybe Eda since she looked in good shape anyway and deserves a rest.

is there a reason you think Ale is leaving or are you just guessing? And do you think it is a good idea to send the conditioner home while VNL continues? He might be supporting from Istanbul though.

• But clearly not something like this gesture! And perhaps all the sayings here are applicable in the European context, but certainly not in the most parts of Asia if not all!

For Asia, gesture like this is not a big deal, of course some Asian may be blowing it up, but majority will simply pass it! We Asian don't over emphasize such "politically correct" things in Asia, esp. the gesture-wise. Thus virtue-signaling things, woke things, as Asians we feel they are some times quite bizarre! I'll say that it's quite different standing and perception in Asia and Europe on thing like this.

And this one is rather politically charged, perhaps it's because they are Serbians!

For fuck's sake, take your nonsense out of here. First you were sympathetic toward the Korean bully twins, now you make excuses for the racists. Also, who the fuck told you that majority of Asians don't care about this? You speak for no one! Are you this butthurt about political correctness?

• is there a reason you think Ale is leaving or are you just guessing? And do you think it is a good idea to send the conditioner home while VNL continues? He might be supporting from Istanbul though.

Her wife's insta stories telling that it is the last 3 days so I assume he goes back in 3 days.

• My cup of tea about racism here:

- I think the definition of racist act is a bit blurry. In most countries, people do not know that certain actions and words are actually racist insults. A good example is what the Serbian libero did. I am sure in Turkey most people still do not know that this is an insult, meanwhile there are so many cultures and nationalities being offended by certain terminologies and acts which are really difficult to know. The important thing here is, "are you carrying out the act or using those words, although you know they are racist insults?". If the answer is yes, then it is most likely a hate crime. On the other hand, if someone does not know what this act means or the word itself, I guess it is best to inform them and they stop doing it. We see this among older generations a lot, they still do not know the right words to call different races correctly, some are naive and not educated in that sense and some others are just evil.

An anecdote, I learned that what the Serbian girl did was an insult from a very close Japanese friend only 5 years ago. Before that, I had no clue. I was lucky that someone else did that face and my friend was upset and informed me.

• how can possible the odds of china-belgium are 1.30 for china and 3.3 for belgium ? i think the bigs of China will play tomorrow...or not ?

China is still with their B/C team. I also find it surprising that Belgium is paying 3.30. I know they have been irregular in almost all their matches, but I do think they have shown a much better performance than China so far. A victory from the "Yellow Tigers" wouldnt be an upset.

• For fuck's sake, take your nonsense out of here. First you were sympathetic toward the Korean bully twins, now you make excuses for the racists. Also, who the fuck told you that majority of Asians don't care about this? You speak for no one! Are you this butthurt about political correctness?

No one:

This person: I can speak for 4.561 billion people (actual population of Asia)

Clearly many people were offended, it's no shame, it makes sense.

• My cup of tea about racism here:

- I think the definition of racist act is a bit blurry. In most countries, people do not know that certain actions and words are actually racist insults. A good example is what the Serbian libero did. I am sure in Turkey most people still do not know that this is an insult, meanwhile there are so many cultures and nationalities being offended by certain terminologies and acts which are really difficult to know. The important thing here is, "are you carrying out the act or using those words, although you know they are racist insults?". If the answer is yes, then it is most likely a hate crime. On the other hand, if someone does not know what this act means or the word itself, I guess it is best to inform them and they stop doing it. We see this among older generations a lot, they still do not know the right words to call different races correctly, some are naive and not educated in that sense and some others are just evil.

An anecdote, I learned that what the Serbian girl did was an insult from a very close Japanese friend only 5 years ago. Before that, I had no clue. I was lucky that someone else did that face and my friend was upset and informed me.

I don't think it's very blurry. Look you can not intent to be racist and still be racist, don't get me wrong, I really do see your point. But even if you do something that's racist and you didn't mean it that way, it's still racist, it won't hurt the person any less and not make them feel ways. A lot of racism is also structured and not easy to find that kind of 'line' anyway.

As you said, once you knew what that gesture mean't and your friend educated you all was good. I think there is nothing wrong with any of that. People shouldn't be so afraid to be called out imo, many people when being called out become so defensive that they actually fail to see the bigger picture and just start defending themselves because yes they might feel no racism towards any groups so they deny it wholeheartedly (as the term is rightfully so, a nasty one to many) but it doesn't mean those words/actions weren't hurtful all the same.

And indeed some people (particularly older gens only these days) can just be evil because they can't get past their prejudices and are usually brainwashed by the types of media they watch. Some of them are really misled or conservative, others are really lost cases.

• But clearly not something like this gesture! And perhaps all the sayings here are applicable in the European context, but certainly not in the most parts of Asia if not all!

For Asia, gesture like this is not a big deal, of course some Asian may be blowing it up, but majority will simply pass it! We Asian don't over emphasize such "politically correct" things in Asia, esp. the gesture-wise. Thus virtue-signaling things, woke things, as Asians we feel they are some times quite bizarre! I'll say that it's quite different standing and perception in Asia and Europe on thing like this.

And this one is rather politically charged, perhaps it's because they are Serbians!

I can't say that I'm not offended by the gesture, but the reason is because of the context of the gesture and what other people have used it for in the past. Personally I don't care about bigger or smaller eyes, I fail to see how either is better than the other. There are beautiful people with either.

I guess a similar example is that it is no longer appropriate to say "that's so gay" even though there's nothing wrong with gay people.

• I can't say that I'm not offended by the gesture, but the reason is because of the context of the gesture and what other people have used it for in the past. Personally I don't care about bigger or smaller eyes, I fail to see how either is better than the other. There are beautiful people with either.

I guess a similar example is that it is no longer appropriate to say "that's so gay" even though there's nothing wrong with gay people.

And yes, a lot of Asians living in Asia really don't know (for example Zeng Chunlei in the pic) but that doesn't make it appropriate.

• Jaque is stupid as fuck, dear Lord. I feel embarrassed everytime I see her social media.

Before anyone comes after the Brazilians: yes, she was supposed to respond for this gesture too. This is unacceptable and yes it is also a potential crime depending on who is judging.

The world was a better place for me 5 minutes ago before I saw this lol