2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• Well, at least, Russian Vball Fed will put pressure on Busato after this loss :read:

• Voronkova is the best player of Turkey :down::down:

She decided to play for her birth country on the tie break :lol:

• I expected a 3-0 win for Turkey, so this loss for Russia is not so bad. With that kind of libero, Russia coiuld not make their counter-attacks, and Goncha was clearly out of gas. At least Fetisova somehow showed managed to return to her game.

I agree. Plus I enjoyed the mega rallies. It was a hard fought match. Finally, the middles are clicking into gear. I enjoyed Fetisova today and I think Arina did fairly well. It's good preparation for her to get exposed to these kind of games.

• Never said that. Cheering for Russia even before the match was started, non related to the attitude of the coaches LOL. To be precise i said cheering even harder, because that was permanent *instant affect, Gui done that 20min ago, and i repeat in general i really dislike that side of him, OTOH also repeat beside that dumb move by Busato, i don't follow him.

I might have misunderstood you, I just really dislike that guy lol. I mean most athletes doing this at least apologized. He otoh blamed people being offended lmao 🤡

• Russia should have started Smirnova and Arina in the 5th, not Voronkova. Also Pilipenko:wall::wall: At least the MBs showed a good performance overall... And also Eda:love: she almost single handedly won the last set for Turkey

• I expected a 3-0 win for Turkey, so this loss for Russia is not so bad. With that kind of libero, Russia coiuld not make their counter-attacks, and Goncha was clearly out of gas. At least Fetisova somehow showed managed to return to her game.

I agree. I also expected a 3-0 for Turkey or max 3-1, cuz I know they could let a set slip away cuz of mistakes. Turkey has been winning, but very far from convincing as a team. Individually, they have had very good performances.

Russia played without libero, thats a matter of fact. Sure, Russia has never had a Fabi, Cardullo o Sano, but Malova or even Kabeshova and Kruyshkova (not sure Im writing well her surname), were able to dig more and most of all, not been a burden in the defense: Russia lost many "easy" points cuz Pilipenko was out of position in many counter attacks, so Startseva was the one who had to dig.

Congrats to Turkey! Aside it helps to boost the confidence after such a silly loss against DOM yesterday, I hope this match helps Gio do realice who are the OHs who have go to Tokyo. Previous matches were against "weaker" teams, so the test has only started now, cuz Brazil, USA, NED and JPN are coming.

Ps: I loved Eda reverse sets to Karakurt in the tie-break. Much much better than many setters :rose:

• Btw this was overall a great match and very fun to watch with both teams having ups and down and a tiebreak fittingly to end.

Russia was really good at times esp Fetisova and Koroleva's impact is important for them I notice. If they're on, Russia plays good, if not it's a questionable game. Especially with that libero. But overall a hopeful match for them too.

And Turkey bounced back again after an unexpected defeat. Good to see. Tuğba played an amazing match. She is easily our best OH ATM. I would put Hande at 2 even. Meliha is good defensively but like a 2nd libero. We def need to take at least 1 more person from next week to OG.

• Surprising number of 'mega-rallies' in that match

• Turkish reception is crazy good this whole tournament btw, actually must be the 1st or 2nd best receiving team (I can't say 1st comfortably in Japan's presence:lol:)

• Turkish reception is crazy good this whole tournament btw, actually must be the 1st or 2nd best receiving team (I can't say 1st comfortably in Japan's presence:lol:)

USA is the best receiving team hands down. Although Tuğba is doing surprisingly good at offense, her reception is not more than decent so far

• USA is the best receiving team hands down. Although Tuğba is doing surprisingly good at offense, her reception is not more than decent so far

Do we have stats? Overall reception has never been below 60% and even towards 70%-80% at times I noticed even today with Tuğba on court. It should be really close, but indeed I forgot about USA. The top 3 is clear then.

Decent is more than enough tbh, still eager to see the other girls next week :)

• Kudos to Eda! 8 blocks+2 aces! She is such a dominant MB! I will miss her a lot once she is retired from NT:flower:

• So ... Zuzanna Górecka. Is she single? :rose: