Turkey NT 2021

• Was Kubra actually better than Asli? I don't think so.

I am not a big fan of Kubra and she had some poor performances in her career but this is her worst season in my opinion. She was able to find her rhythm until play offs in previous seasons even when she was bad during regular season but this year she is simply bad. She is one of those players who plays either good or bad, there is no between.

edit: Asli did not have a particular season either but she was better than Kubra no matter what. Even when Asli performed bad, at least she tried to get better while Kubra makes mistakes after mistakes and sulk and bring hear teammates down.

• You dont make any sense. Gizem Örge dont play in NT for years? How many years are you talking about? One?

Gizem from GS is Gizem Güreşen who had beef with Guidetti . She doesnt get the call. Thats why it was an irony.

Why all this dramas with liberos?

• I am not a big fan of Kubra and she had some poor performances in her career but this is her worst season in my opinion. She was able to find her rhythm until play offs in previous seasons even when she was bad during regular season but this year she is simply bad. She is one of those players who plays either good or bad, there is no between.

edit: Asli did not have a particular season either but she was better than Kubra no matter what. Even when Asli performed bad, at least she tried to get better while Kubra makes mistakes after mistakes and sulk and bring hear teammates down.

I thought Kubra would turn to be one of the best MB but she declined a lot in duch young age.

• I am not a big fan of Kubra and she had some poor performances in her career but this is her worst season in my opinion. She was able to find her rhythm until play offs in previous seasons even when she was bad during regular season but this year she is simply bad. She is one of those players who plays either good or bad, there is no between.

I disagree on this. IMHO she was always the one who brought something more on table when THY needed the most (a block, a kill, a digg, an ace, a rebound to make the defence more confortable). Not to mention that she scored a lot, considering she plays in a team that's a nightmare when it comes to passing (they're really awful at ball control).

• I disagree on this. IMHO she was always the one who brought something more on table when THY needed the most (a block, a kill, a digg, an ace, a rebound to make the defence more confortable). Not to mention that she scored a lot, considering she plays in a team that's a nightmare when it comes to passing (they're really awful at ball control).

I agree with you. Aslı was one of the best local MBs definitely! she was solid at both blocking and attacking. However, I think Guidetti will take Kübra as 3rd MB because she can do slides which is something Aslı can not, unfortunately. If it was gonna be for the starter position I would pick Aslı but as a backup for OG, Kübra is more versatile and she should be there. Versatility is more important for a roster of 12. And in general, Kübra had a good season as well, with 53% attacking she is 2nd best attacker in the league right now.

• I disagree on this. IMHO she was always the one who brought something more on table when THY needed the most (a block, a kill, a digg, an ace, a rebound to make the defence more confortable). Not to mention that she scored a lot, considering she plays in a team that's a nightmare when it comes to passing (they're really awful at ball control).

what I meant was she had better seasons. I understand and agree with you, THY is bad at receiving, it tires me when I watch them to be honest, it is a complete mess. Their libero is the worst, she cannot receive properly, cannot take her position in defense and also force her teammates to make mistake by her actions on the court, she cannot set properly when she needs to. And poor Carlini is on the run always in order to set. With more stable receiving, I think Carlini would have set better and more to Asli.

• My pick for 18 players roster for VNL (assuming neither Vargas not Carutasu can play):

Setters: Naz Akyol-Cansu Özbay-Buse Ünal

OPP: Meryem Boz-Ebrar Karakurt

OH: Hande Baladın-Meliha İsmailoğlu-İlkin Aydın-Saliha Şahin-Derya Cebecioğlu-Tuğba Şenoğlu-Şeyma Ercan

MB: Eda Erdem-Zehra Güneş-Kübra Akman-Aslı Kalaç-Yasemin Güveli-Beyza Arıcı

L: Simge Aköz-Dilek Kınık-Buse Kayacan (Buse is a great defender and Dilek is a good receiver, I think these two should be tested on an international level, both are more promising than Ayça Aykaç. Indeed the two best liberos after Simge are Gizem Örge and Gizem Güreşen but since Guidetti has issues with both unfortunately neither of them would be in the roster)

Setters: I think there is no dispute here, it will be Naz and Cansu. I hope Buse would have some playing time so that she will get ready for the next tournaments

Opp: In the case that one of Carutasu or Vargas would be able to play, I wouldn't pick Meryem but if neither can not, then we don't have many options here. I don't think it is necessary to bring 3rd Opp like Yağmur or Tutku Burcu. No need to invest in these since there will be Vargas-Carutasu next year.

OH: Meliha's position is locked since she is the best receiver among all candidates. I think both Hande and Ilkin's spots are also locked because both of them are balanced OHs and I think they would be a good starting OH duo indeed. The position that is open for discussion most is 4th OH. Gui could take Şeyma since she is a second-best receiver and defender among all OHs, although she had a bad season at offense. Or he will pick either Saliha or Derya. I think Saliha is slightly better at both attack and reception than Derya. But Guidetti is fond of Derya so he might pick her as 4th OH.

MBs: Eda and Zehra's positions are locked. Kübra has the edge over Aslı for the 3rd slot thanks to her versatility but Gui could pick Aslı since she is a better blocker than Kübra

• what I meant was she had better seasons. I understand and agree with you, THY is bad at receiving, it tires me when I watch them to be honest, it is a complete mess. Their libero is the worst, she cannot receive properly, cannot take her position in defense and also force her teammates to make mistake by her actions on the court, she cannot set properly when she needs to. And poor Carlini is on the run always in order to set. With more stable receiving, I think Carlini would have set better and more to Asli.

I do think the main reason why THY managed to enter in the top 4 and maybe will get the 3rd place is Carlini. With that nightmare passing there are very few setters with her physical power able to run the whole time to save the ball, or jump as high as she does when she saves the over pass. Anyway, Carlini and Asli had a good chemistry this season. Whenever she had a chance, she went to Asli, which delivered the performance. If Asli had a regular middle height, she would be a top 5 in the world. She's the turkish Emilce Sosa.

• As much as I love Saliha, I think I would pick Derya as 4th, it will ofc also depend on both VNL performance. The mere fact that neither will probably be starters and I can see Derya make more of a reaction on court in times of crisis as a sub than Saliha which is more stable otoh.

• I can see Derya make more of a reaction on court in times of crisis

She's like a bizarro-world version of Nabeya

• on the fivb website, in its regulation it says that

5.2.1 The player has established residence in the country of his new Federation

of Origin (hereinafter "the new Federation") for a minimum of two (2)

continuous years immediately prior to the time of filing the application for

the Change.

I believe that so far vargas is ok.

but then FIVB says that

44.5.2 As of that date, the player shall have the same rights and obligations

with players of the new Federation (e.g. he can directly compete in club

competitions of the new Federation without a need for ITC). However, if

the player has previously played for another national team of the same

age category, he will be eligible to play for the national team of the new

Federation only after two (2) years have elapsed. This two-year period

starts from the day that the complete application file, containing all

required documents, is received by the FIVB.

I believe that she is not fit here. these two years will count AFTER she becomes a natural and applies for fivb.

I believe that alexia's case is different, because alexia never played for the romanian adult

• Don't know does anybody else mentioned that Serbian Federation has already submitted documents to change Vargas federation to Serbian to FIVB in 2019. And this is ongoing process (already 2 years), as I understand. So now Turkish Fed has to response for this if wants to have her in NT. I remember that Vargas doesn't want to play for Serbia, but actually case seems a bit more complicated.

EDIT: (wrong link)

https://siatka.org/pokaz/melis…z-kolejnym-obywatelstwem/

• Wide roster for this summer. There are two groups, 37 names overall. I think Group 1 will be OG, a few names will be cut of course.

https://www.tvf.org.tr/milli-t…-genis-kadrosu-aciklandi/

Tugba :aww:

• And I agree with this I just wouldn’t put Seyma in.

Saliha Sahin or Ilkin Aydin instead. This two showed better performance, especially Saliha who performed really nice against stronger teams and She had Motta as her coach. Guidetti can make her even better.