Japan Women's NT 2021

• Very likely. I think unless one of the setters perform poorly they might have to call in Miyashita or ...Sato but afaik neither of those two are currently training with them.

I'm surprised both of them aren't listed since they were the main setters during 2019, but I guess a lot has changed since then.

Were their performances this season that bad compared to the 3 currently part of training?

• I'm surprised both of them aren't listed since they were the main setters during 2019, but I guess a lot has changed since then.

Were their performances this season that bad compared to the 3 currently part of training?

Sato was made an assistant coach and did not play at all this season.

Miyashita did fine imo, focusing more on defense as usual. The only negative feedback I've seen was her toss being lower than Ugajin, Okayama's other setter, during certain matches and her lack of attacks. I'm not sure at what point Miyashita stopped doing dumps.

• I don't understand why Nakada left out Sato AND Miyashita. They have the most experience and both are better than Tashiro. I'm going to reserve judgement on the younger setters as I have no idea who they are or what they're capable of. Didn't Sato plan on retiring but decided to postpone it for the sake of being able to play in the NT? but she doesn't even make this cut like what

• So 4 members are still going to get cut...my guess is Tokoku, Seki, Yamada and Akutagawa

Nakada is already hyping up Momii so they don't really need Seki anymore

I really like Yamada though. She can team up with Araki Jr. from Saga in the future

• So 4 members are still going to get cut...my guess is Tokoku, Seki, Yamada and Akutagawa

Nakada is already hyping up Momii so they don't really need Seki anymore

I really like Yamada though. She can team up with Araki Jr. from Saga in the future

wait yamada is the second tallest after araki if anything they could really use her there. she's quite aggressive and is light on her feet.

• Sending love to my JT GURLS

• Sarina reads a hell of lot easier than Toshihiko.

• wait yamada is the second tallest after araki if anything they could really use her there. she's quite aggressive and is light on her feet.

I do agree but somehow I don't really see Nakada getting rid of Okumura for example who is older and shorter. I'm guessing they will eventually have to cut the younger, less experienced girls. I wanna say Nabeya but after what sitenoise said maybe they do need her to help with their defense.

• Toshihiko lmao that's so far. When Google translates Mayu it's always some guys name like Shinsuke or something

• I'm not surprised Miyashita isn't part of this because she regressed a bit after Rio or probably even before that? A defensive setter has its limits and clashes with other players. An offensive setter would probably be more suited for Japan. Sato rose to the challenge but seeing how she didn't make the roster either is confusing. I honestly don't know Tashiro's style. Who can she be compared with?

• mayu's title is aceshikawa's sister

:rolll::rolll:

That's too bad, but it's "story".

I'm not really a fan but totally respect what she's doing, her approach to the sport. She's the only one who hits loose balls with authority. I admire that. She knows serve is important and has worked her ass off to improve. I'll bet she's logging 10,000 hours on passing as we speak. Devotion is beautiful :rose:I hope we see results

• I doubt we'll ever get a "statement", but I imagine Nakada wanted Sato but she's not ready. Nakada's had bad luck with injuries to players she wants.

Maybe Miyashita's sets are low but that shouldn't be hard to change. Or is it? I think she's feeling shaky and confused by how this past club season went.

For those who don't watch all the league matches, Momii ... in addition to being tall, strong, and left handed, is a really good defensive player. Not Miyashita level, and not on straight digs, per se, but she's 1,000% committed to keeping balls off the floor. That's important for Japan.

• wait yamada is the second tallest after araki if anything they could really use her there. she's quite aggressive and is light on her feet.

Yamada's strength is against high sets. She's not as effective against fast balls. Okumura is the opposite. It's a bit of a crisis.

I'd probably go with Akutagawa, Shimamura, Araki, but I'm glad I don't have to make the decision

• Did China already release their roster?

I get the feeling that this match was made to test the setters and Hayashi who will most likely assume Shinnabe's role. If Momii gets jittery they move forward to VNL with either Sato or Miyashita and Tashiro.

• I doubt we'll ever get a "statement", but I imagine Nakada wanted Sato but she's not ready. Nakada's had bad luck with injuries to players she wants.

Maybe Miyashita's sets are low but that shouldn't be hard to change. Or is it? I think she's feeling shaky and confused by how this past club season went.

For those who don't watch all the league matches, Momii ... in addition to being tall, strong, and left handed, is a really good defensive player. Not Miyashita level, and not on straight digs, per se, but she's 1,000% committed to keeping balls off the floor. That's important for Japan.

Is Momii fast on dumps like Lee Dayoung?