Italian Women NT 2021

• Sunday*

It's Saturday for some of us :S

• tomorrow start the olympics for girls

I hope they can win but no points give to russia

Imo i think was good not going to vnl but i repeat 5 game isn't enough to get in shape

lucky italy starts with russia that is one of weakest in pool

I hope it helps them to starts good and rise their level

• so Italy wins their 1 game

It was better than I expected...I like a lot the pins..malinov wasn't that hrrible but can't connect with all players specially paola

Tomorrow a difficult task against turkey

Imo the key to win should be the serve and annulate tuekish mb that are so good and that's the aspect they're better than italy cause in other position is a really tie game and equilibrate

They shouldnforce the serve and be 2 blocks always at the middle

• the girls get 2nd win against turkey

Important points against hard rival

They were so good,the annulate turkish team

I hope next game they gonna nake folie and chirichella play,they're the only ones not entering at court

• Girls get the 3 win

Congrats,before starting this we know they needed to win this 3 games

Yesterday the team didn't convince me,idk why paola needed to score that much

I like folie a lot and chirichella did good but not convinced me

Egonu now you have time to be ready,from now we have only finals

Please we need you

• I’m very happy how is Italy performing. Yes they are not yet perfect but even with few mistakes they looks so dominate.

The most important thing block-defence is working from day 1.
    De Gennaro and Cate Bosetti are doing perfect job, both MBs Danesi and Fahr are doing their parts. Even though Danesi slow down a little bit, I expect more from her.

Folie was more than good yesterday. She is not yet in full shape. So unhappy for her, She again can’t show her full potential, but how much She trained it is more than enough.

What makes me even more happier is that this is still preparation part and from tomorrow girls needs to push it even more. If Mazzanti is right they needs to reach their peak at end of pool stage and to go in full speed in last part. And if you ask me only thing that is missing to be in full charge is setters (that is something that is not gone happend, lol) and the most important thing Egonu.

Egonu was yesterday at her old performance over 60% in attack(but still with 6errors, and for me it is a lot for her). Like I said before, even if She reduce her mistakes for half. She is going in her Conegliano mood, and that is more on her than on setters. Yes setting is different, many times She came much faster to attack than in last part She pause than jumps and her arm swing is wrong position. That is why She hits deeper than shorter attack. She needs to adjust it. Hard to believe that Orro and Malinov can adjust and to become Wolosz.:gone:

Off topic. This Olympics shows me how great Wolosz is. Ognjenovic has limited team and She is not showing her best game, both of setters from Brazil and Chine are floping. And her magic I miss the most.

Edit: one more thing to add.

Italian block -defence is for now that good that many players floped in attack. As Arina, Goncharova, almost all Turkish OPPs and OHs. Non of them had over 50%.

And I do believe that they can repeat it against USA same thing what Turkey has done it to Thompson and even more.

• as if Turkish pins ever had more than 50% attacking against any team😂

• Btw. extending a contract with Mazzanti till 2024 before OG was so odd considering how Olympic tournament has been developing.

Basically, Italy had to beat China or defeat USA without starting setter and opposite to get Dominican Republic in QF (so to have huge chances to make it to the semifinals) - and they failed, now they will play against Serbia.

And first and foremost, they look to be out of shape past few games.

I have no idea what federation will do if they get eliminated in QF, but it will be all on Mazzanti if it happens.

• I have been one of mazzanti's lawyer after some questionable choices as don't bring caterina at eurovolley,cut gennari to this OG and others

But now I'm questioning a lot of him,Italy had an easy task with china and they failed miserable

They could be so relaxed but instead now they have a tough path

Watching some teams as usa or china that were succesful in past and now they failed makes me think if Italy gonna be like this,idk what new can davide bring to Italy

I hope in next years paola start to be another player and not the player

If nlt i want lavarini or other

• I think even crovolley will accept now that bringing Folie as 4th MB was the stupidiest decision taken in all olympic rosters. He could have taken, Gennari, Nwakolar or Paracchiole. All these 3 would have been way more useful than a cronically injured Folie who doesn't even spike during warmups (reminding me of Harmatto in USA roster previously)

• I think even crovolley will accept now that bringing Folie as 4th MB was the stupidiest decision taken in all olympic rosters. He could have taken, Gennari, Nwakolar or Paracchiole. All these 3 would have been way more useful than a cronically injured Folie who doesn't even spike during warmups (reminding me of Harmatto in USA roster previously)

should've brought crovolley as 4th outside instead

• I'm so confused at what's going with Italy. Not to be a hater, but I think the elephant in the room is pretty visible: Ofelia. I'm not saying she's the only problem, but she's definitely the one I can't get past. I was intrigued so I went to Pasini's blog and Google Translator helped me understand a bit what he and his commenters were talking about. It seems one of the favorite topics down there is the so-called Italian "creative game": whether it should be implemented or not, whether the setters can make it happen, stuff like that. Maybe I'm losing something in translation but to me it all comes down to the fact that Ofelia is simply not able to set her spikers in adequate height, particulary to the left side (though also Egonu is clearly often struggling with the sets she gets.) I have no idea if she's being creative or not because it seems like it's a moot point: her sets are as precise as those from an actual elephant.

Then I heard Pasini's interview with Mazzanti and he asked him why he didn't start with Orro against USA in the 4th set, since she was instrumental in Italy's big comeback the set before. Google Translator couldn't help as much, but it seems Mazzanti pretty much just downplayed the importance of that choice, if I understood correctly, he said something like "Ofelia would offer better quality than Orro at that point". I was like WTF.

Again, not to be a hater, I'm sure Mazzanti didn't get to be head coach by chance, the guy obviously knows a thing or two about what he's doing. I'm still really impressed by what Italy achieved in 2018 and his role on that feat cannot be stressed enough. But, really, what happened ever since? Did he suffer brain damage or something? Honestly, this Ofelia deal is confusing as frak to me.

• I think Italy is struggling adopting Conegliano's game style into theirs. Malinov is not the setter for it. They probably needed more time to get into rhythm for that fast play but they chose to skip VNL and they are now getting punished for it. It would be tragic for Italy not to medal (again) in this Olympics specially when they have Egonu now. Hope Italy improves tomorrow. Otherwise, it's going to be a repeat of the nightmare of the past olympics.

• Italy doesn't have a personnel to play Conegliano-like volleyball, but it's not a shame. The problem is that they want to play like that for no reason, and their overall game is super shaky.

But past two games the main problem was that they looked even worse than against Serbia during friendlies, what was odd considering first three solid matches at the start of a tournament. You can criticize every player individually but De Gennaro, and if that's a case then it means that a team isn't in a good shape.

So I'll wait for conclusions to the game against Serbia, but I'm super concerned with what Mazzanti has done with this team past 2 months. It's really impressive to make Egonu play really weak...

• I'm so confused at what's going with Italy. Not to be a hater, but I think the elephant in the room is pretty visible: Ofelia. I'm not saying she's the only problem, but she's definitely the one I can't get past. I was intrigued so I went to Pasini's blog and Google Translator helped me understand a bit what he and his commenters were talking about. It seems one of the favorite topics down there is the so-called Italian "creative game": whether it should be implemented or not, whether the setters can make it happen, stuff like that. Maybe I'm losing something in translation but to me it all comes down to the fact that Ofelia is simply not able to set her spikers in adequate height, particulary to the left side (though also Egonu is clearly often struggling with the sets she gets.) I have no idea if she's being creative or not because it seems like it's a moot point: her sets are as precise as those from an actual elephant.

Then I heard Pasini's interview with Mazzanti and he asked him why he didn't start with Orro against USA in the 4th set, since she was instrumental in Italy's big comeback the set before. Google Translator couldn't help as much, but it seems Mazzanti pretty much just downplayed the importance of that choice, if I understood correctly, he said something like "Ofelia would offer better quality than Orro at that point". I was like WTF.

Again, not to be a hater, I'm sure Mazzanti didn't get to be head coach by chance, the guy obviously knows a thing or two about what he's doing. I'm still really impressed by what Italy achieved in 2018 and his role on that feat cannot be stressed enough. But, really, what happened ever since? Did he suffer brain damage or something? Honestly, this Ofelia deal is confusing as frak to me.

Link? I can translate a little

• should've brought crovolley as 4th outside instead

I'm sure he would be a better cheerleader than Folie