China NT 2021

• Another one where ZCN's head is over the tape.

Interesting, you did mentioned ZCN is the player who got hit on the head most often...this shot may provide some insights as to why this the case....Yuan XY has an even higher block but she bends her head, so that the top part is more exposed than say, the face. The drawback is she is less visually aware of where the ball is....:|

• Jiangsu Women's Volleyball Team takes the initiative to change, and the rivalry between Tianjin and Jiangsu Teams continues, which benefits the National Team

09 May 2021

Recently, Jiangsu women's volleyball team has widely spread heroes' posts, recruiting the future stars born from January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2012, and has become the focus of hot discussion among fans. The training of talents cannot be done overnight, and the reserve should start from the young age. The decision of Jiangsu team means that they actively seeks changes and look forward to the future. Jiangsu team aims to copy the success road of Tianjin Women's volleyball team.

Jiangsu Women's Volleyball Team is also known as the “Little National Team” and the All-Jiangsu Team. Although there was once Hui Ruoqi, a girl from the northeastern China, the main players of the team are mostly local players. With few players in flux, the performance of Jiangsu team in this whole season is not good, and it was not until last season that Jiangsu team succeeded to enter the final again. Different from Jiangsu team, the Tianjin team has been taking the road of recruiting talents all over the country. No matter young players or famous players, they have made contributions to Tianjin team's achievement of 13 titles.

In the 2017-2018 season, China's Volleyball Professional League has entered the era of Volleyball Super League. Tianjin Women's volleyball team has won three championships and one Asian Championship in four seasons, and the results are unmatched. In addition to the national players such as Li Yingying, Wang Yuanyuan, Yao Di trained by themselves, and other national players, Liu Xiaotong, Zheng Yixin, Du Qingqing, Zhu Ting and others have also played for Tianjin team. In addition, Li Yingying, Wang Yuanyuan, Wang Yizhu and other talents are also attracted by Tianjin team from other places, and these players have been hired by the club itself after being trained since young age. [And for this purpose, Tianjin establishes related schools “4321”: 4 elementary schools, 3 junior high schools, 2 senior high schools, and one college.]

The success of Tianjin Women's volleyball team is inseparable from the contribution of the players outside Tianjin. The success of a city volleyball team in the domestic league is inextricable from the search for talented players from all over the country. In contrast, Jiangsu team, while insisting on localization, but there is a big gap between its performance and that of Tianjin team. It is precisely because of this gap that Jiangsu team has also made changes this time. The main players of the future team are by no means just Jiangsu native players like Zhang Changning, Gong Xiangyu, Diao Lin-yu and Ni Feifan. The players from other provinces and cities are expected to become the new flag figures of Jiangsu team.

Jiangsu women's volleyball team is looking for new talents all over the country, and the national team will benefit a lot from it. As we all know, the youth training of Jiangsu team has always been in the forefront in China. Together with Tianjin and Shandong, they are outstanding representatives of the youth training. Under this environment, the young players grow up faster and make more solid technical play. If a young player practices her skills well when she is still young, she will be more competitive when she grows up. Otherwise, it will be difficult for her to make up for her shortcomings when she enters the national team.

This time, the practice of Jiangsu women's volleyball team has been widely recognized by the fans. In this way, the future volleyball Super League, the confrontation between Tianjin and Jiangsu teams will continue. If there are two giant teams in the domestic arena, the contribution to the national team is obvious. The defeat of Tianjin Women's volleyball team in the World Club Cup made everyone see the gap between Europe and the United States. In the absence of strong competition, it is difficult for players to find weaknesses and improve themselves. Just like Real Madrid and Barcelona, under mutual stimulation, the players have more desire to succeed and more motivation to improve themselves. After forming a virtuous circle, are they worried about the lack of goals in the selection of the national team? With Jiangsu women's volleyball team taking the lead in making changes, other teams are expected to follow suit one after another. When the players flow, the level of volleyball Super League will undoubtedly be greatly improved, and the Chinese women's volleyball team will certainly benefit the most.

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1699270066193098335

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: typo, addition ().

• With no live action anywhere, I revisited the test match and did a frame by frame on some of the actions. I noticed LYY has improved her blocking height...now, if only she can follow the ball movement as well, a la Yanni, that’ll be great.

have you seen this one from the vnl? absolutely insane height

• my favourite Jiangsu player is the one with the nicest smile 😃

• http://c.tieba.baidu.com/p/6702132530?pn=1

ran into this. how important it was to have a decent opposite who can kill OOS balls.

bumpsetspike more of my reasoning regarding ZCN and the backup opposite spot lol

What's good about Zhang is that she's versatile at either position.

So who will sub in at OH for Li Yingying when she's struggling?

Edit: Did Liu Xiaotong join the NT in training? I wonder how her outlook is for Tokyo and if she was able to recover from injuries. I think Liu Yanhan is more suitable at OH from her performance at the 2019 VNL Finals. Li Yao is still a mystery since she didin't play in Japan, but hopefully she gets playing time at VNL so that way we can see if she can add something different to the team.

• What's good about Zhang is that she's versatile at either position.

So who will sub in at OH for Li Yingying when she's struggling?

Edit: Did Liu Xiaotong join the NT in training? I wonder how her outlook is for Tokyo and if she was able to recover from injuries. I think Liu Yanhan is more suitable at OH from her performance at the 2019 VNL Finals. Li Yao is still a mystery since she didin't play in Japan, but hopefully she gets playing time at VNL so that way we can see if she can add something different to the team.

That's why I suggested Zhang in the bench. If Gong isn't doing the job, she sub in for Gong. If LI isn't doing the job, she sub in for Li. I'm not sure how much sense that makes.

I don't know about Liu Xiaotong, but considering that Lin Li also didn't make the tokyo challenge roster, I'd speculate that she still has a chance and it was a logistical, not ability problem of her not making it. That being said, I heard some of her injuries are pretty bad and she didn't have good form in the national game prelims.

I would also like to see more of Liu Yanhan, Wang Yizhu, and Li Yao in the VNL. But the starters need playing time too.

edit: based on earlier posts it seems the 15 that went to tokyo + the 3 that had to play in national games 9-13 (i.e. LIu XT, Zheng YX, Lin Li) + the 2 left behind (Gao Yi, Mei Xiaohan) are currently training in Ningbo

• Julian Chow you better not be a hypocrite after all that safety nonsense you've been spouting criticising China's decision to have a friendly match with Japan and how it's not safe for players to go anywhere now that Thai players suddenly got attacked by Corona virus

Zengo

I had urged caution when dealing with players’ safety in respect to the friendly match, and separately (and more recently) I wished the affected Thai players a “speedy recovery” and I am being called a hypocrite....how so ?

• It makes sense to make Changning as the backup Opp if Xiangyu does not deliver. Yingying is not really good at Pos 2 and it would be a waste to move Zhu in that position because of her blocking.

Sometimes I think its unfair to have Zhu in a team since she is a brilliant attacker and blocker :lol: She is the best blocking OH for sure.

• It makes sense to make Changning as the backup Opp if Xiangyu does not deliver. Yingying is not really good at Pos 2 and it would be a waste to move Zhu in that position because of her blocking.

Sometimes I think its unfair to have Zhu in a team since she is a brilliant attacker and blocker :lol: She is the best blocking OH for sure.

It may make sense just in a very special circumstance when facing some opponents with extraordinary strong OP force whereas it may be too much for Gong to take. In the most situation, it is not necessary, just watch the 2019 WC. In the last two years, Li YY has been growing up reliably, thus her contribution is increasing.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It may make sense just in a very special circumstance when facing some opponents with extraordinary strong OP force whereas it may be too much for Gong to take. In the most situation, it is not necessary, just watch the 2019 WC. In the last two years, Li YY has been growing up reliably, thus her contribution is increasing.

I noticed that LYY now has a higher reach compared to the 2019WC outing. This coincided with the period in which she seems to have lost weight, which is fine if she can retain or improve on her overall strength. I have seen Egonu and Meryem Boz (Turkey) in person (2018 W’chips- Sapporo) and they look really slim, but are incredibly strong.

LYY seems to be the only addition to the Rio 2016 attacking line-up of Zhu, Zhang and Gong ...minus Hui Ruoqi. I think both Gong and Zhang have grown stronger compared to when they were youngsters at Rio. The only worry is the lack of reliable backups for the above mentioned players. I am hoping that players such as Wang Yizhu, Chen Boya, Chen Peiyan and a few others be given an opportunity to play in the VNL, with the possibility of making the Olympic squad.

• I noticed that LYY now has a higher reach compared to the 2019WC outing. This coincided with the period in which she seems to have lost weight, which is fine if she can retain or improve on her overall strength. I have seen Egonu and Meryem Boz (Turkey) in person (2018 W’chips- Sapporo) and they look really slim, but are incredibly strong.

LYY seems to be the only addition to the Rio 2016 attacking line-up of Zhu, Zhang and Gong ...minus Hui Ruoqi. I think both Gong and Zhang have grown stronger compared to when they were youngsters at Rio. The only worry is the lack of reliable backups for the above mentioned players. I am hoping that players such as Wang Yizhu, Chen Boya, Chen Peiyan and a few others be given an opportunity to play in the VNL, with the possibility of making the Olympic squad.

In 2016 Rio the Chinese team was a young team, except players like Yan Ni, even the extraordinary Zhu was still young then and those who already retired (Wei, Xu, Hui), current starters were the subs back then. Lang just started in 2013, overhauled the team, jumped in the 2014 WCH in Italy, the 2015 WC, then 2016 Rio. This cycle the players should have reached their maturity, added with Li YY, shaped in the last 3-4 years (incl. the gone year of 2020). This team is in relative better position than the one in the 2016 Rio. But some key opponents, esp. Italy, are also growing, and possibly Serbia too. USA and BRA have some regression compared to in Rio.

As the present team is still very good, plus the wasted 1.5 years of no int'l competitions, it's hard to detect the next generation, so can't tell much at present. Just like the other aspects of life, the wasted years of pandemic are in particular taking tolls at the young generation for having lost the opportunity and fruitful formative years!

• FIVB has this as the Chinese VNL roster....

uh? (sorry if there are spelling mistakes)

S: Linyu Diao, Di Yao,

OH/Opp: Yao Li, Changning Zhang, Xiaotong Liu, Yanhan Liu, Fang Duan

MB: Hanyu Yang, Yi Gao, Yuanyuan Wang, Yixin Zheng

L: Li Lin, Mengjie Wang