China NT 2021

• you guys believe that stuff?

It's pretty obvious. Just watch the matches when An Jiajie was the interim coach.

• sigh. you guys are right. let me keep living in denial of cliques and other nonsense in the national team.

The only importance is if the players selected are good or not. Does not matter where they come from.

• I worry for the team post-Tokyo.

Everyone is worried. But with Zhu and company, CNT will still continue to be top team, just harder to win without some of their top players. Someone else will have to step up.

• Team members who made it to the most influential women athletes list in China (top 50)

Apparently there's also a list where both genders are combined.

Zhu Ting is first, after that is Yi Jianlian (basketball), Wu Lei (football/soccer), Zhang Changning, Ma Long (table tennis), Gu Ailing (skiing), etc.

• This sudden THA surrogate team can't be of any measurement.

Next week CHN will face GER; CAN; TUR

I am afraid that both GER and TUR will be pretty tough opponents for this team, the team needs to improve a lot to have some good chance. If they play badly, the same sad story as against JPN will happen again.

JPN has better floor defence than these teams. Maybe they'll still lose but hopefully it won't be as embarrassing as the 0-3 to Japan.

• JPN has better floor defence than these teams. Maybe they'll still lose but hopefully it won't be as embarrassing as the 0-3 to Japan.

With only four teams making the final round they need to try harder if they want to make it there and I doubt Lang Ping came all this way just to play the preliminary round and go home.

• Apparently there's also a list where both genders are combined.

Zhu Ting is first, after that is Yi Jianlian (basketball), Wu Lei (football/soccer), Zhang Changning, Ma Long (table tennis), Gu Ailing (skiing), etc.

Congrats ZT, she deserves it, btw no badminton?

• Congrats ZT, she deserves it, btw no badminton?

I think the sports personalities mentioned were ranked 1 to 10 in a full list of 50 which might include representatives from badminton, women’s basketball etc. Badminton like other sports was affected by the pandemic, with only a few tournaments in early 2020. When competition resumed in 2021 China didn’t send their top players to major tournaments. China is no longer as dominant in badminton as they used to...and the field is quite open for both the men’s and women’s singles, with players from several countries having the potential to win gold at Tokyo2020.

If badminton is on the above list I would imagine Chen Yufei, the world no.2 in women’s singles to be there, along with several doubles and mixed doubles players.

sandianando

• With only four teams making the final round they need to try harder if they want to make it there and I doubt Lang Ping came all this way just to play the preliminary round and go home.

They will get at least 6 matches: Netherlands, DR, Italy, Russia, Poland, USA.

At least five of those seem like they would be intense matches (not sure about Italy's junior team). Lang Ping's goal is the Olympics, so the 5 or 6 pool play matches have more value to her than the two matches from semis and finals.

Of course it would be nice to make the finals, but you have to have at least a 12-3 or 11-4 win/loss record, and with the way this team is playing, I'm not sure if they can do it. Like they will probably lose to Turkey and Brazil at least and there's no guarantee that the A team can go 6-0 in the last two weeks (I'm not sure if Lang Ping even wants that)

That being said, I'm confused why this B team is so inconsistent. They played much better in the VNL finals in 2019. The only replacement is ZCN for GXY. Is the difference in floor defense that much?

• It's two years ago. Couple of players are no longer in form, like Liu Xiaotong, Liu Yanhan, and Zhang Changning.

• I already cursed the CHN team when I tuned in to watch the team was trailing GER team in the set #3 and had two set deficit, then chased all the time even at the brink of losing 0-3, the GER team had few match points but miraculously the CHN team revived itself and won the set #3 27-25. In the set #4 thing was easier, the momentum has switched to CHN team till the end of match. In the last set, CHN dominated the set till the end. I changed my angry curse into blessing at the end :D:whistle:

Lang Ping really had exercise with the team, she didn't sub the players when I thought she should do, kept the same line-up even when thing was tough. She had her vision that spectator like myself couldn't grasp. Well, CHN followed the RUS footstep to turn over the table against GER from trailing two sets being the victor. Three wins one loss not bad for an A/B team.

Tomorrow thing will be easier against CAN.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I already cursed the CHN team when I tuned in to watch the team was trailing GER team in the set #3 and had two set deficit, then chased all the time even at the brink of losing 0-3, the GER team had few match points but miraculously the CHN team revived itself and won the set #3 27-25. In the set #4 thing was easier, the momentum has switched to CHN team till the end of match. In the last set, CHN dominated the set till the end. I changed my angry curse into blessing at the end :D:whistle:

Lang Ping really had exercise with the team, she didn't sub the players when I thought she should do, kept the same line-up even when thing was tough. She had her vision that spectator like myself couldn't grasp. Well, CHN followed the RUS footstep to turn over the table against GER from trailing two sets being the victor. Three wins one loss not bad for an A/B team.

Tomorrow thing will be easier against CAN.

I heard wang yuanyuan had a really embarrassing serve.... 😂

• In the last set, CHN dominated the set till the end. I changed my angry curse into blessing at the end :D:whistle:

Lang Ping really had exercise with the team, she didn't sub the players when I thought she should do, kept the same line-up even when thing was tough. She had her vision that spectator like myself couldn't grasp.

that's what i felt too. But i dont think theyre gonna keep this up with stronger team.

• Lang Ping really had exercise with the team, she didn't sub the players when I thought she should do, kept the same line-up even when thing was tough. She had her vision that spectator like myself couldn't grasp. Well, CHN followed the RUS footstep to turn over the table against GER from trailing two sets being the victor. Three wins one loss not bad for an A/B

she did subbed out Wang Mejie, WYY, Diao and LYH.

Germany had all the chances to close out set 3 but their coach made terrible decisions with subs and late time outs. This is where Lang Ping tramped him really. Its dciision making.

I think Yao Di showed why she is still so much ahead of Diao in the setting pecking order. She is not the most creative but is stable, can block and had better leadership out there. When things dont go your way, you have to go back to basics to stabilize hitting etc and this is her biggest advantage.

Holy crap the out of shape Liu Xiatong is still out performing Liu Yanhan.

• Apparently Gao Yi played much better than her after subbing her out. I never expect anything from Wang YY.

i hope Gao Yi will have hot hands in VNL, otherwise it will be a disappointing moment again and again.