China NT 2021

• sitenoise

I finally was able to positively identify Clayton Lucas....he commentated yesterday’s match between China and Italy, and he identified himself, at the end of the match. I thought I heard him call Li Yingying...” Ling Ying Ying” ...did anyone else hear that? :)

I discovered another ID helper. Clayton emphasizes the second syllable of three-syllable Japanese names: ya-MA-da, na-KA-da, which seems to be the way most English speakers do. The guy who called the JPN/BEL match (who introduced himself but I couldn't understand it) emphasizes the first syllable: YA-ma-da, NA-ka-da, which is what I always try to do as it seems to be the way Japanese speakers do it when I listen to Japanese commentary

• we talked about the possible reasons why the NT coaches brought the two Liu’s , Li Yao and Duan Fang to play in the VNL, when younger, better players are left at home. But looking around for answers only lead to more questions. Could it be that the answer is not as complicated as it seems...that maybe offers have been made, but some of the younger players did the unthinkable...they declined. Due to the Pandamic, things are happening, that normally won’t ... I heard that Japan, China and S Korea have pulled out from the 2021 Fivb Girls u18 WShips in Mexico, leaving Thailand as the only Asian representative :|

• I discovered another ID helper. Clayton emphasizes the second syllable of three-syllable Japanese names: ya-MA-da, na-KA-da, which seems to be the way most English speakers do. The guy who called the JPN/BEL match (who introduced himself but I couldn't understand it) emphasizes the first syllable: YA-ma-da, NA-ka-da, which is what I always try to do as it seems to be the way Japanese speakers do it when I listen to Japanese commentary

Lols...you obviously have a better sense of hearing than I do....also, if you listen to Japanese commentary often enough you could pick up the language, which is why I initially thought you were a Japanese speaker or even a Japanese person !

• Could it be that the answer is not as complicated as it seems...that maybe offers have been made, but some of the younger players did the unthinkable...they declined.

I can't imagine that unless if they don't ever want a career in the national team. There was the national games and the U20 World championships, so they were not gonna be called anyways I guess.

• we talked about the possible reasons why the NT coaches brought the two Liu’s , Li Yao and Duan Fang to play in the VNL, when younger, better players are left at home. But looking around for answers only lead to more questions. Could it be that the answer is not as complicated as it seems...that maybe offers have been made, but some of the younger players did the unthinkable...they declined. Due to the Pandamic, things are happening, that normally won’t ... I heard that Japan, China and S Korea have pulled out from the 2021 Fivb Girls u18 WShips in Mexico, leaving Thailand as the only Asian representative :|

I don't think any players would decline to play for national team when you have a chance to get a gold at Olympics. It's just that they are not better than Liu Xiaotong and Liu Yanhan. Lang Ping just don't have better choices or she would have dropped both Lius.

• im guessing it’s to stabilize the wrist and part is being hidden by the tape. It’s more flexible/free moving than a wrist brace.

yeah, guess it's not too serious otherwise the coaches wouldn't have let her play against Ned and DR

• Yuan Xinyue is the tallest player in the Chinese team...she also has the loudest scream and according to one commentator, is one of the quickest, perhaps referring to her slides. Her nickname is Xiao pingguo 小苹果🍎 which means little apple, but they also call her Kai xinguo开心果...happy fruit, because she is so much fun to be around and makes everyone happy.

Source:sports.sina.cn

• Win Gold here, but not any shiny one in the subsequent quadrennial event incl. Oly -- a good jinx of wgp/vnl -- how many times it manifested itself :lol::cheesy: i say let USA or BRA have this VNL :whistle:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Win Gold here, but not any shiny one in the subsequent quadrennial event incl. Oly -- a good jinx of wgp/vnl -- how many times it manifested itself :lol::cheesy: i say let USA or BRA have this VNL :whistle:

hopefully won't have to play the final four! anyways I think Japan and Turkey will win today which ends our "bid" for the finals

• Yuan Xinyue is the tallest player in the Chinese team...she also has the loudest scream and according to one commentator, is one of the quickest, perhaps referring to her slides. Her nickname is Xiao pingguo 小苹果🍎 which means little apple, but they also call her Kai xinguo开心果...happy fruit, because she is so much fun to be around and makes everyone happy.

Source:sports.sina.cn

I think fans have started calling her 苹果树 (apple tree) now because she's so tall

• hopefully won't have to play the final four! anyways I think Japan and Turkey will win today which ends our "bid" for the finals

I just wish to see the team has another clean sweep victory in this week then go home :drink:

Keep in mind that both SRB and the host itself, ITA, are sharply focusing on OG on instead of this one. They even spare no distance to play here compared to teams from other continents yet they still skip it, telling us how serious they are on OG.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I just wish to see the team has another clean sweep victory in this week then go home :drink:

Keep in mind that both SRB and the host itself, ITA, are sharply focusing on OG on instead of this one. They even spare no distance to play here compared to teams from other continents yet they still skip it, telling us how serious they are on OG.

That's what I want to see too. 3 wins and then go home.

Italy and Serbia are going to play friendlies against each other. So I guess Jenny sent the starters here to get some "friendlies" in before the OG.

• I just wish to see the team has another clean sweep victory in this week then go home :drink:

I just want to see some exciting volleyball in the remaining matches :cheesy: