Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• FB wants Sylla in order to convince Egonu to move

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…va-comprende-anche-sylla/

You know, I was joking/making fun of the fact that Sylla and Egonu are joined at the hip, but the joke gets much less funny if it's not a joke, but truth...:lol:

• It's not obvious to me that Gabi would leave then... With Zhu + Haak you got the firepower you need (is Ebrar returning?) and out of Meliha, Gabi, and MBH I'm guessing MBH is the one they'll let go since she's the weakest in reception. For playing alongside Zhu and Haak the 2nd OH doesn't need a lot of firepower and IMO all three have enough so it'd come down to reception and defence

• It's not obvious to me that Gabi would leave then... With Zhu + Haak you got the firepower you need (is Ebrar returning?) and out of Meliha, Gabi, and MBH I'm guessing MBH is the one they'll let go since she's the weakest in reception. For playing alongside Zhu and Haak the 2nd OH doesn't need a lot of firepower and IMO all three have enough so it'd come down to reception and defence

But someone said MBH has a 2 years contract and Gabi was on her way out last season since Zhu supposedly coming back this season.

But I do get what you said. Having two guns on the wings requires a better passer & defense - which Gabi is. But who knows how things will turn around with Vakifbank. Just have to wait for the confirmation.

Although I am praying to the gods of volleyball so that Zhu & Gabi will play on the same team 😩

• Yoo. Gabi-zhu still possible. They will just have to let go maja and rasic. Then all their foreign players are wing hitters 😂 and local for setter, mb and libero. I don't know why you underestimating mbh reception/defense? She is good too. Maybe she is more of offensive OH but she can pass and defense too. Although not sure how she'll perform like Hill and Krob besides Zhu.

• I'm guessing for TL it'll be Zhu+Meliha+Haak for the wing hitters and Rasic as the MB, then for CL or WCCh It'll be Gabi. I don't really see VB letting Gabi go (without considering contract restrictions)

• You know, I was joking/making fun of the fact that Sylla and Egonu are joined at the hip, but the joke gets much less funny if it's not a joke, but truth...:lol:

Yeah, the way they paint this kind of codependent relationship is kinda jarring. Like I get that if she's going for the first time to a foreign country/different environment having someone she's already close with would help in making an easier transition, but when the news is that even in Italy they're making offers to them together is honestly ridiculous. BTW there's a big chance the rumor of Fenerbache making an offer for Sylla is just fake, I wouldn't count Pasini as the pinnacle of credibility and I didn't find any other source reporting the news.

• it seems zehra also rejects fb

They should have asked Kubra if they didn't already. Cansu Özbay will be starter next year,her very best friend and the player she has the best connection with. She has been 'starter' in VB at a very young age but it also hasn't been that long so she definitely still has lots of ambitions with the club.

I thought the Zehra rumour had only outcome from the start tbh.

Other than that none rejected FB yet indeed.

• I think lowkey the Italian hc thing is becoming a bit overrated in Turkey, I would like to see some other HCs some teams already had success in the past with this also mid-level like with de Brandt, the guy that was in Bursa and Seramiksan I forgot his name xD

But why not get some also Russian HCs like back in the day, maybe American, or some Idk Korean, Chinese, Japanese, why not try some Germans or some underrated Serbian, Slovenian (remember their youth success f.e.) etc etc etc

I would agree when people say the very best HCs are Italian atm (santarelli, giovanni etc) but imo they keep the standards higher than the others can actually keep up with. Also I'm not saying we shld randomly have some Slovenian coach in Eczacibasi, but at least mid level and experimental teams should keep their options more open to give a platform for these hcs.

• German head coach is doing great job with his club. Felix, right ?

• I think lowkey the Italian hc thing is becoming a bit overrated in Turkey, I would like to see some other HCs some teams already had success in the past with this also mid-level like with de Brandt, the guy that was in Bursa and Seramiksan I forgot his name xD

But why not get some also Russian HCs like back in the day, maybe American, or some Idk Korean, Chinese, Japanese, why not try some Germans or some underrated Serbian, Slovenian (remember their youth success f.e.) etc etc etc

I would agree when people say the very best HCs are Italian atm (santarelli, giovanni etc) but imo they keep the standards higher than the others can actually keep up with. Also I'm not saying we shld randomly have some Slovenian coach in Eczacibasi, but at least mid level and experimental teams should keep their options more open to give a platform for these hcs.

I think all of the turkish teams should get a foreign coach except Nilüfer-Dehrican :lol:

• I'm also optimistic about Ferhat, I really disliked his run in Turkish NT as well but its been years and say what you want but he really went all around the world to learn more, we can't hold it against him forever. I would like to see younger coaches in general tbh :)

• I'm also optimistic about Ferhat, I really disliked his run in Turkish NT as well but its been years and say what you want but he really went all around the world to learn more, we can't hold it against him forever. I would like to see younger coaches in general tbh :)

But Ferhat will stop the setters from jump-setting:cheesy:

Vakifbank is also meeting with Carlini and Fetisova. ( Rasic is leaving) Gabi's contrat ending this year and most probably gabi will leave. But she is likely to stay in Turkey. Gabi is very good defensively but Michelle is not bad. Zhu and Michelle good duo , Zhu-Michelle and Isabelle Haak better than Zhu-Gabi and Haak.

Vakifbank will continue with Ayça and other young libero. If Lauren Carlini is absent , the young setter Buket gulubay will return. Meliha Ismailoglu is leaving , they will continue with Tugba and X ( not clearyet)