• Heynen's stupid play at the end of set #2.

Kubiak was substituted by Leon who got blocked in crucial moment. Then Leon making an over net touch cost the set. LOL

• Kubiak is going to sit on the bench at the Olympics. Semen is way better now.

Perhaps this way I can support Poland in some matches

• The two female commentators are really annoying..

I hope Clayton was there

• Without Leon and Zatorski, Brazilian had edges over Poland.

Both Wallace and Leal can score out of the system.

• Brazil playing at a very high level. Today is a proof of how Wallace can be important when he is on.

On contrast, Poland is underwhelming. Serves are not working and nobody is shining - Kochanowski especially is playing subpar IMO.

• Yeah, Poland has very good service but despite worse reception Brazil kills all of the balls. Wallace plays insane today and Bruno knows how to set 👌 Leal is also very good today.

Wojtaszek is very nervous libero, younger Popiwczak is way more better.

So I agree that with Leon and Zatorski the game will look differently.

• Brazil playing at a very high level. Today is a proof of how Wallace can be important when he is on.

On contrast, Poland is underwhelming. Serves are not working and nobody is shining - Kochanowski especially is playing subpar IMO.

On the contrary, Kacz is more like a system OPP. Kacz had a lot of spikes were saved by Brazilian's defense today. That made a difference

No, Poland plays very good in service but Brazil kills all of the balls despite that. Take a look at the reception stats. Maybe during the whole game Brazil didn’t kill 3 balls(?)…

• Pablo Crer has decided to retire from Argentina NT.

No reasons given but my guess is that the coaches must have told him that he wasn't going to be picked for Tokyo (he's the only one in the roster that hasn't played a single match in this VNL after all).

• If both Salehi and Esfandiar are in, Fayazi will likely go to Tokyo even just as a second libero.

What happened to Ebadipour? It's not his first poor game at VNL, although he's never consistent in his performance.

No wonder Salehi sent a "gift" serve to Germany towards the end.

Btw, I don't think Marouf has played decent in recent games. He made quite a few mistakes which is not typical of him, mostly notably the two side set mistakes (during the match vs Serbia / USA -- I don't recall well).

Is this the debut year at NT for both Salehi (OH) and Abedini?

• I want this to be the standard length for the shorts in men's volleyball. See Loepkky

• Ebadipour is Ebadipour. he also had lots of ups and downs this season in Plusliga. but I have to say he is the most hated player here. the anti-hero, he is always the first person to blame. I don't know how he handles this pressure. I would quit the NT if I was him. still he is the best OH Iran has at the moment. his receiving capability is very important. they usually give him a bigger space than the other OH.

Marouf wasted 2 years of his career in China. (maybe they paid him well though) I think in general he played only 2 weeks there ! no surprise if he is a bit out of shape. personally I think he is doing fine, I wasn't expecting more at this stage. Marouf is the exact opposite of Ebadipour. no matter how many mistakes he commits, he is always the best and it's always the spiker's fault:D

I couldn't remember. but after a bit of googling, Kovac invited Abedini to the NT first and he played few rallies during the 2015 WL,

but I know Kolakovic had M. Salehi in his squad for the 2018 VNL. he simply disappeared after that. even this season he was the backup player for Fayyazi and Sharifi but Sharifi got COVID and he took over his place. (and forced Sharifi to leave the club)