• Our team will get such a pounding from Japan tomorrow that I don't feel like watching ;(

If Japan plays with a mixed team, I think Argentina could still have a chance to pull an upset. Otherwise :wavy:

Btw, Mati Sanchez played today and he was way better than Uriarte. I know it was against Australia, but he still showed once again he is above Uriarte.

• If Japan plays with a mixed team, I think Argentina could still have a chance to pull an upset. Otherwise :wavy:

Btw, Mati Sanchez played today and he was way better than Uriarte. I know it was against Australia, but he still showed once again he is above Uriarte.

I can already see Pereyra getting every spike defended like nothing, Conte not giving a crap and getting solo blocked by their setter and Ishikawa serving 5 aces in a row to Mendez Jr. And we'll probably also miss 20+ serves just to be sure we won't have any chance 8)

• I consider Michieletto to be a very good OH2 - his passing is very impressive being a youngster. Not sure how good he will be at attacking though.

he should become a pillar of the NT. His passing is super promising and with his height he should be able to score his fair share of points, especially as a defensive OH. I think he should athletize to gain power and Protect from injuries. But a bright future ahead

• Marouf, Vadi, Ghafour (if healthy), Kazemi, M. Salehi, Ebadipour, Mousavi, Mojarrad

I'm not sure about the 3rd MB, it's between Gholami and Abedini, I don't think Shafiei has a chance , he was also the "weak link" today

not sure about the libero, Alekno is using both A. Salehi and Hazratpour but it seems Salehi will be the guy.

and also hard to guess the next 2 OHs. it depends on Fayazi's health. Manavinejad and Mirzajanpour are also training in Tehran hoping for another chance. but I think Fayazi and Esfandiar have a better chance.

I can see that Alekno prefers height to agility. I think Gholami will be the 3rd MB in terms of both experience and blocking. His performance at VNL this year shows that he's improved.

I agree that Fayazi and Esfandiar will likely be the backups for Ebadipour and Salehi respectively. What health issue does Fayazi have?

• Clevenot will go to Tokyo. The French squad lacks some height especially at the OH position. Clevenot is the tallest among time in terms of height and reach. He is also craftier than Kevin Tillie. I think N'gapeth, Clevenot and Tillie are locked. Louati is likely ahead of Rossard for the last OH position.

• Clevenot will go to Tokyo. The French squad lacks some height especially at the OH position. Clevenot is the tallest among time in terms of height and reach. He is also craftier than Kevin Tillie. I think N'gapeth, Clevenot and Tillie are locked. Louati is likely ahead of Rossard for the last OH position.

I agree with your Louati and Rossard assessment. I think he's ahead.. But i also want Thibault to get in.

• Iran most toxic fandom.

qujb016d9uJ5DKfc49a-o.png

• Germany vs Iran was such a drama lol. Kazemi looks like such a promising player, 27 points. Salehi also seems to be really good. So many serve errors made by Iranians though.

Iranian players on bench started making noises at the 4th set, I guess when the game was 2-0 in favor of them. The players in the game also circled around the field after each point, keeping their spirits high. It was at that moment when Germany's head coach, Giani, began protesting, and in response, Alekno made a shush gesture.

When the game finished, Giani celebrated in victory by dancing while looking at Iran's bench (I believe?), kinda mocking Alekno at the end, where he glared in response (it's really scary when he stares at you).

And as expected, there appears to be some tension on social media. Iranian fans are extremely angry at Ebadipour, some attacking his Instagram page by all types of insults you can imagine.

• I can see that Alekno prefers height to agility. I think Gholami will be the 3rd MB in terms of both experience and blocking. His performance at VNL this year shows that he's improved.

I agree that Fayazi and Esfandiar will likely be the backups for Ebadipour and Salehi respectively. What health issue does Fayazi have?

he got injured during the Iranian league playoffs (the main reason his club lost the title) had a surgery . it seems he is not ready to jump and spike multiple times. Alekno tried him mostly as the receiving OH when Salehi was in the back row. he is kind of a second libero who also can spike if necessary. if he doesn't fully recover will Alekno use one of his 12 spots on him just because of that ?

btw Alekno sent Shafiei home. he is out of the Olympics. hard to believe he was our starter for so many years. he will be replaced by another setter Karimi. which means Vadi's place in Tokyo is not guaranteed.

I was thinking Alekno prefers Arman Salehi over Hazratpour for the libero position but Salehi was really bad today. I think this is still wide open.

PS: today at 13-11 Alekno told everybody to not risk from the service line and just send the ball to Germany's side. yet Gholami missed his serve on matchpoint. I wonder if Alekno punishes him for that :D (I hope he does, never been his fan, I prefer Abedini)

• So far, the top 4 teams are:

1. Poland

2. Brazil

3. Slovenia

4. France

Serbia is 5th and still has to face USA today. Im curious to know if they will play with their best line. They have been mixing their starting 6 from match to match, but today it is a key meeting if they still have hopes to reach the Final 4.

• Plak looks like best MB the Netherlands have. Don't understand why he is benched almost the entire tournament. Other MB have no presence and alongside setter the biggest weakness of the team.

Also double sub is very stupid because it takes out Nimir. They only lose leads because of it.