• Spirito choices are super questionable. Italy was leading 16-9, now it is 18-17. Italy reception was super shaky, but there were some transitison where he could have easily set to Nelli, cuz French block was already waiting for Recine, who was blocked 3 times and spike out 2.

• If France loses today, their spot in the Final4 could be in risk. They still have to face Poland.

In the other hand, Slovenia and Russia, the other two teams who are in the race, have "easier" rivals in front.

yeah France absolutely needs the win here. Don't see them getting all wins in a weekend with IRN, ARG & POL with how inconsistent they have been so far.

Serbia has 3 "easy" games left so I think they can make despite (possibly) having lost Kovacevic today. Russia and Slovenia have Brazil and USA as major obstacles left.

• Spirito choices are super questionable. Italy was leading 16-9, now it is 18-17. Italy reception was super shaky, but there were some transitison where he could have easily set to Nelli, cuz French block was already waiting for Recine, who was blocked 3 times and spike out 2.

You are right. And Recine didn't help him OTOH: he couldn't score and got blocked or spiked out several times in a row.

Luckily thanks to Nelli and Bottolo Italy managed to close the set.

• yeah France absolutely needs the win here. Don't see them getting all wins in a weekend with IRN, ARG & POL with how inconsistent they have been so far.

Serbia has 3 "easy" games left so I think they can make despite (possibly) having lost Kovacevic today. Russia and Slovenia have Brazil and USA as major obstacles left.

But France seems not that eager to win and get into Final 4. They were still playing without most of their starters even when they were behind in the 3rd set and lost it.

• You are right. And Recine didn't help him OTOH: he couldn't score and got blocked or spiked out several times in a row.

Luckily thank to Nelli and Bottolo Italy managed to close the set.

Bottolo was indeed way more clever in order to score: almost all the pints he scored were thanks to block outs or pushing the ball when French MBs arrived late. Super smart. Nevertheless, some sets from Spirito to Bottolo were also too close to the net.

Nelli was scoring and scoring during the 16-9 lead, this is why I didnt understand why Spirito waited 5 points in order to feed Nelli.

• Recine is too short for this level. He knows how to play smart, but at times it seems like he runs out of ideas. Bottolo from this point of view has some advantage.

• Recine is too short for this level. He knows how to play smart, but at times it seems like he runs out of ideas. Bottolo from this point of view has some advantage.

Yes sure, it is evident he knows how to play smart, he has been the main scorer of Italy in other matches and he has given me a good impression for the height he has: he jumps pretty high, his reach in the block is good despite he doesnt is less than 190 cms, his serve is ok, his reception too. But when he has to face stronger teams, his height is indeed a big disadvantage.

Does Italy is seriously investing on him like a prospect for the main A team?

• Meanwhile Poland playing their strongest squad against germany :what::what:

• Congrats Italy! Another unexpected result today. As it was already pointed out, it looks only Brazil and Poland are consistent.

Italy was paying 7.50! Nelli was the main scorer, but, once again, Michieletto was the player who have me the best impressio. Day by day he looks more mature, he is a star in the making. In the other hand, now I understand why Verona fans used to complain about Spirito: his setting is very basic, forgetting the MBs a lot of times, as well as his tecnique shows where he is going to the set the next ball.

France is :gone: From Tillie choices, it seemed he doesnt really care regading the F4 qualification.

• Russia ahead of France getting the #4 ranking. Their only real test next week will be Brazil, if they win that match, they are in to SF.. Will there be a draw for SF or 1-4 and 2-3 seed teams will meet?

• Russia ahead of France getting the #4 ranking. Their only real test next week will be Brazil, if they win that match, they are in to SF.. Will there be a draw for SF or 1-4 and 2-3 seed teams will meet?

Pretty sure it's with that seeding.

• Douglas said that they (I'm not sure if he meant he and his roommate Maique or if he meant the Brazilian NT) are the only ones respecting the bubble while everyone else is not and has been leaving the hotel.