Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• btw, I am still think the same. Playing a 25 games in a season is meaningless if 8 team out 12-14 make playoffs. Novara performed much better than Cuneo during the regular season, but is at risk of being knocked out because of the result of just two games.

• btw, I am still think the same. Playing a 25 games in a season is meaningless if 8 team out 12-14 make playoffs. Novara performed much better than Cuneo during the regular season, but is at risk of being knocked out because of the result of just two games.

If you think this way. THe 4° placed in the tabble doesnt deserves tô be Champion either in Just two games.

• Teams should use the league and the whole season to prepare for playoffs.. if they are outmatched and lose the series, it's their problem

• Teams should use the league and the whole season to prepare for playoffs.. if they are outmatched and lose the series, it's their problem

Why whole season should be the preparation for the 20 days playoffs?

The performances throughout the season should be important as much as the performances in the last 20 days. By reducing the number of teams making playoffs, the importance of regular season games can be increased.

• Because the league is decided with playoffs.

The only way to "increase regular season importance" would be to make the winner of regular season the winner of the league and forget about playoffs.. and that would be stupid and boring...

• The only way to "increase regular season importance" would be to make the winner of regular season the winner of the league and forget about playoffs.. and that would be stupid and boring...

While i completely agree that it is their problem if some high ranked team loose in series against team with much lower rank after regular season, this "system" what you mentioned above is clearly not the only way to "increase regular season importance".

Play off should remain the decisive and the most important part of the season, but it can be restyled to become as meritocratic as possible. I'm actually fine with Serie A system, but that clearly doesn't mean that it can't be better.

For example i liked the idea which someone mentioned and the system with 6 teams pass through, where 1st and 2nd are directly qualified for semi's (thus we get an "increase regular season importance") and 3-6 and 4-5 played for remaining spots in semi's (with this we keep space for "surprise"). Though i can't really say is it better for me than actual, it for sure show that it exist variations which potentially can satisfy both parties.

This all doesn't change the fact that best teams, if they really want to be best, have to overcome all difficulties and have the ability to keep the focus in the most important moments such as play off, in whatever form it's played. At the end loosing two games against same oponent is important implication are you really that better than that 7th ranked team.

• Well, I still don't think is a good idea to change this system, especially when Novara and Cuneo just showed that the gap between 2nd and 7th isn't that large... But that's fine... There are some talks of official changes or people are just discussing it for the sake of it?

• Yeah, but isn't Champions League spots distribution based on RS performance in Italy? Because European Cups spots combined with better seeding is quite beneficial for top teams in a league like Serie A and it makes regular season apparently important... IIRC, if Conegliano makes it to the finals, Novara will play in CL regardless of their potential loss against Cuneo.

Degradi and Squarcini with NT-level performances once again.

• Savino and imoco with easy wins

Chieri challenges monza but in the clutch they fail

• I don't understand Musso's choices today. Ungureanu is just as bad as Bosetti in attack and Bosetti at least provides stability in backrow, so why is Ungureanu on court? And I don't understand the setter change either, Mayer was doing ok and IMO Monza is weaker than her for sure...

• PLAYOFF - QUARTERFINALS (2nd round)

FIRENZE - CONEGLIANO 0-3 (0-2)

Nwakalor 18, Enweonwu 7, Sylves 5 / Egonu 21, De Kruijf 11, Sylla 10

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745172

BUSTO ARSIZIO - SCANDICCI 0-3 (0-2)

Gray 10, Mingardi 9, Olivotto 5 / Antropova 25, Pietrini 14, Natalia 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745173

CUNEO - NOVARA 3-1 (1-1)

Gicquel 18, Degradi 16, Squarcini 12 / Karakurt 16, Washington 13, Daalderop 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745174

CHIERI - MONZA 1-3 (0-2)

Grobelna 12, Cazaute 11, Alhassan 9 / Van Hecke 20, Gennari 15, Larson 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745175