Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I'm just waiting to see if JT posts any retirement news.... (I hope not) :gone:

• Monthly Volleyball put out articles like as an ICYMI on whatever was said by the commentators during the livestream

Is that https://www.getsuvolley.com ? I follow that site pretty much and don't recall such stuff. Or was it in a printed version?

• Idk if all 5 JT girls are training. You can try and see if you spot them

I tried, and don't think I spotted any Hisamitsu or JT girls there but Idk

• Momii has some type of finger injury from trying too hard to block last vnl. Shibata covered majority of their matches this season. But imo Mayu works better with her than Seki lol

Really?? That would explain for her less than powerful and sharp tosses this season...

• I would like to see Momii continue since she already has a great connection with the core players Koga, Shimamura and Ishikawa but if she isn't up to speed then I guess the only other setter I'm already familiar with is Miyashita who has hopefully grown out of her anxiety or is at least able to control it. 2019 was such a disaster for her hopefully she's grown.

• It's odd that nobody has ever said the Next Takeshita and Takeshita herself hasn't exactly successfully trained any player to be on her level. Didn't she also train Toray's veteran setter/acting captain atm? Pretty sure I saw a video of it somewhere.

Here comes Yuki Kawai - the most promising setter back in ... 2006-2008 :lol:. She was only a few in Japan to get all the possible accolades for setter on any youth/junior tournaments she participated, both domestic and international levels. Yanagimoto chose her as a back up for Takeshita during 2007-2008 period. The latter then encouraged her to join JT where she played til the sudden retirement in 2011.

Manabe's team back then was more fond of Toray's Nakamichi who could no longer play at high level after the disaster WCH 2014 in Italy.

Anybody have a good site to follow the upcoming SEA Games? Volleytrails is loose, volleybox is untrustworthy, wikipedia is thin. AVC site doesn't cover it? Is there an "official" site kind of a thing? A site that will have B forms and official rosters? Some good tweetboxers?

Majoy Baron is my future wife :heart:

https://www.seagames2021.com/ should be there once the event kicks off.

• https://www.seagames2021.com/ should be there once the event kicks off.

I swear I tried that url yesterday and nothing was there ... maybe I tried seagames2022 :aww:

That 2021 site is a little lackluster at this point. I forgot it's a bigger OG kind of thing. I sometimes forget the OG are something bigger than just volleyball :rolll:

• It's odd that nobody has ever said the Next Takeshita and Takeshita herself hasn't exactly successfully trained any player to be on her level. Didn't she also train Toray's veteran setter/acting captain atm? Pretty sure I saw a video of it somewhere.

There has been buzz about Misaki Shirai (C) ... from the Saoris. I guess as Toray team mates, and there was some video heralding her as something great

I wanted Himeji's Nao Horigome to be the next Takeshita :) and actually thought there might be something to it the first V1 year for Himeji. She played full time. They are the same size and both great defenders, but it turns out Horigome was only there because Sakurai was injured and Takeshita doesn't think much of Horigome :(

• Kelsey also talked about in the podcast how awful the floors ago

she’s gotten injections in her knees because of playing on the wood/whatever it is

get some taraflex lol

So I watched some of that. I searched the subtitle file for Japan mentions and just went to those parts :)

I wish Toyota could have another grow year with Kelsey and Hattaya. They were really onto something, and it would be great for the "8 or 9 eighteen year olds" she mentions

I don't know anything about floors, never heard of taraflex, so that was illuminating ... as one of a number of things imports have to get used to when they play in Japan, I guess. Also when that dude disrespected Japan (which he obviously knows nothing about) and she told him that the top 6 teams or so play "good volleyball", and that she had to get used to the long rallies (she said with a sigh) and the defense: 'eventually I had to learn to just hit it off one of the blockers so they can't play defense with it' :dance6:

• So I watched some of that. I searched the subtitle file for Japan mentions and just went to those parts :)

I wish Toyota could have another grow year with Kelsey and Hattaya. They were really onto something, and it would be great for the "8 or 9 eighteen year olds" she mentions

I don't know anything about floors, never heard of taraflex, so that was illuminating ... as one of a number of things imports have to get used to when they play in Japan, I guess. Also when that dude disrespected Japan (which he obviously knows nothing about) and she told him that the top 6 teams or so play "good volleyball", and that she had to get used to the long rallies (she said with a sigh) and the defense: 'eventually I had to learn to just hit it off one of the blockers so they can't play defense with it' :dance6:

You've never heard of taraflex? omg how lol (I need to find my ugliest NCAA gyms post for you)

idek who the dude is. seems very "bro"-y to me

• You've never heard of taraflex? omg how lol (I need to find my ugliest NCAA gyms post for you)

idek who the dude is. seems very "bro"-y to me

I'm weak on details about things like rules and equipment :) but I thought wood was the best thing, just hard to maintain. The way she talked about feeling like her knees were going to explode until she got those injections explains a bit why it seemed like she didn't ramp up to full speed right away

that dude is apparently , like , best buddies with her and her husband

I'm happy she found Joy in Japan. She did make it sound pretty transformational for her, maybe just timely in that she was looking for something in her life and was able to find support and resonance with it while there

• TWCPE v JWCPE nice tight match. 25–25 set 1. Two teams where the middle blockers swing as much as the pins. #3 in white, Yuna Adachi, is my star player of the tournament so far

• Not trying to rub it in or anything but it's really frustrating the way the regular season ended with Saga and JT was a complete bust. No celebration for Saga and in the end JT couldn't even participate. They were so close to each of their goals only for it to end the way it did. A travesty and another disappointment from the women's side after Tokyo Olympics.

• “Japan withdrew from the AVC Women's Club Volleyball Championship and faced a $20,000 AVC fine.”

Sighhhhh :wall::read::gone:

• AVC has these rules, let alone FIVB does as well. You say that you are going to be there. After a certain date, you then are not there, you get penalized.

Yeaa of course! It's just frustrating that a team was supposed to go but due to circumstances, they can't go...